The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
Finally got my Bluetti Charger 1 alternator charger setup. I mounted it on the Bison molle storage panel and now I can charge any power station much faster than the 12v socket. This charger requires ventilation that’s the reason why I mounted here. Connected to the optional 60 amp switched isolator and then to the 60 amp spare busbar. Negative wire to earth next to the battery. Took me all afternoon to remove the battery plastic surround which was the most difficult part. So when I go camping I’ll have the power station charged by the car and solar when stationary. Also have small fridge in the back too.

Attachments

• IMG_4556.jpeg
    IMG_4556.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4557.jpeg
    IMG_4557.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
Finally got my Bluetti Charger 1 alternator charger setup. I mounted it on the Bison molle storage panel and now I can charge any power station much faster than the 12v socket. This charger requires ventilation that’s the reason why I mounted here. Connected to the optional 60 amp switched isolator and then to the 60 amp spare busbar. Negative wire to earth next to the battery. Took me all afternoon to remove the battery plastic surround which was the most difficult part. So when I go camping I’ll have the power station charged by the car and solar when stationary. Also have small fridge in the back too.
Dont know if you had a chance to use it yet. There is talk that it can possibly discharge battery while charging the powerstation. I am not familiar with the specs on the grenadier alternator (also dont know if it is a smart alternator) but what have you found? If you were to just run the truck stationary to grab some charge will it do battery and station?

Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
I mounted my EcoFlow alternator charger. Install was simple with most of the time spent figuring out where it would fit and then figuring out how to get the damn plastic off so I could access the bus bar. It is held in place with two bolts through the plastic and two sided tape on top of the sub. Now I'm charging my EcoFlow Delta 2 at 800 watts. I did reinstall the plastic cover but I sure thought about leaving it off.

IMG_2419.jpg

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Delta 2 Max was at 87% and I drove to the store and back, 8 minutes away. It was at 99% when I got home. So far I love it. I like how the combo of Delta 2 Max and Alternator Charger can work in reverse and maintain the starter battery if needed.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dont know if you had a chance to use it yet. There is talk that it can possibly discharge battery while charging the powerstation. I am not familiar with the specs on the grenadier alternator (also dont know if it is a smart alternator) but what have you found? If you were to just run the truck stationary to grab some charge will it do battery and station?
Went out for a 30 minute drive. Car battery charged from 73% SOC to 80% and power station charged from 60% to 80% is a result. So far so good. It is a smart alternator. I think the key is to connect the negative lead to existing earthing point and not directly to the negative terminal which has a battery monitoring system attached.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I mounted my EcoFlow alternator charger. Install was simple with most of the time spent figuring out where it would fit and then figuring out how to get the damn plastic off so I could access the bus bar. It is held in place with two bolts through the plastic and two sided tape on top of the sub. Now I'm charging my EcoFlow Delta 2 at 800 watts. I did reinstall the plastic cover but I sure thought about leaving it off.

View attachment 7874364
Did you attach the positive lead to the spare 60amp fuse on the busbar? Also with your Ecoflow charger, does it require ventilation?

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My Battery Charge indication did briefly hit 100% (for the first time) during the drive from Utah to California.

Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
Received some stuff from Germany. I had forgotten I ordered all of this when I ordered the Carbon fiber grill (I expect the grill tomorrow.)
This was very easy to put on, I wiped down a alcohol prep pad for adhesion. This is very 3D sticks out, The lambda on the back ladder should reflect nicely. The black stainless is a peel and stick, so glad no transfer required.

Attachments

• IMG_C.jpg
    IMG_C.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_b.jpg
    IMG_b.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_E.jpg
    IMG_E.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 15
  • EnginePlaque.jpg
    EnginePlaque.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Did you attach the positive lead to the spare 60amp fuse on the busbar? Also with your Ecoflow charger, does it require ventilation?

Frankly, I'm not sure which one I attached it to. There were two open ones and I picked the one in the middle. There is an inline fuse on the positive lead to the alternator charger. On my short drive it topped off the Delta 2 without any issues. I set the charge point to 14v so it doesn't drain the starter battery when the car isn't running. I'm going to watch how it performs and might drop the charge point to 13v. While charging at 800w the alternator was putting out about 10 amps according to the electrical information screen on the Grenny.

There is actually good bit of space around the charger in that location and it doesn't use an internal fan to circulate air so I think I'm going to be fine. If you look under your seat bottom while the seat is down you will see how much space there really is there. I never realized it until I started playing with mounting points.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Received some stuff from Germany. I had forgotten I ordered all of this when I ordered the Carbon fiber grill (I expect the grill tomorrow.)
This was very easy to put on, I wiped down an alcohol prep pad for adhesion. This is very 3D sticks out, The lambda on the back ladder should reflect nicely. The black stainless is a peel and stick, so glad no transfer
Can you please post a link to this store or advise the name? Really like it!! 👍🙏

Local time
Reaction score
Can you please post a link to this store or advise the name? Really like it!! 👍🙏
The page may take time to open. Give it a chance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom