The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Relentless

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday, I embarked on a 600km drive to put my car to the test and see if any unexpected issues would arise. I encountered some gremlins, but nothing that has not been mentioned already.
The cruise control system worked smoothly for about five minutes before abruptly ceasing, accompanied by error messages indicating 'TSM not Available,' 'Reduced Braking Performance,' and 'HHC not available.' During one pit stop, the seatbelt chime persisted until I turned off the car and left it idle for ten minutes. At another stop, the radiator fan continued to operate for roughly five minutes after I had switched off the engine, producing a noise that resembled an impending takeoff.

On the positive side, the drive was exceptionally comfortable. Im 1.80m tall, I had no problems with visibility, side mirror angles, or overall comfort throughout the approximately ten-hour journey. The car gave a strong sense of solidity and stability, drawing numerous admiring glances from onlookers.

Attachments

• IMG_2813.jpeg
    IMG_2813.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2809.jpeg
    IMG_2809.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 43

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
no, I have not removed.
One screw you have to fix, long side of the holder to up, the other holder down. Not full tight screwed, and move in position and fix it.
For the screw to fix I used at first only a bit with 1/2“ nut, it´s less high to screw.
I still have a set, will take some pictures for better understanding.
IMG_5822.jpegIMG_5824.jpegIMG_5823.jpegIMG_5825.jpegIMG_5826.jpeg

Last edited:

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
For those looking for work light solutions, there is also some good info here in case you missed it. 🙂

Thread 'ARB Base Rack Auxiliary LED Lights'

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I refuelled with 63L to full , with "110km range" showing ; that old chestnut!
The young fella at the pump was looking at the car with eyes askew :unsure:; eventually I just said "it's not a Land Rover" and he seemed satisfied.
One day I'll drop the "it's a Chinese ripoff of a Land Rover defender" line.
My work colleague saw it and just said "it's magnificent!". He's been a serial BMW owner but had no idea the Ineos was BMW powered.

Oh and I am working out how to install my XTM drawers , which just fit.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:24 AM
Reaction score
Thought I’d confirm that the vehicle is a competent wader. Certainly surprised a Disco 4 last Friday at the River Ribble, Sawley, Lancashire, UK. River was over the bank on the main road. It drowned a BMW 1 series, the G had no trouble producing a decent bow wave and getting through about 60 cms of river water. The Disco driver erred and didn’t try to get through.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:24 AM
Reaction score

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
200.gif

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
0:00 / 4:00
Ineos grenadier vs Beer o’clock hill with our mate Reuben from DMW. The springs 4x4 park
The Springs 4x4 Park
1.41K subscribers

I haven't seen this posted but here it is again if so...do a search it is worth a watch(y)

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had the same problem - after table was fitted the other day I was on some rough bitumen and thought I must have a truck load of scrap metal bouncing around in the back. Didn’t realise what it was until I opened the big door to check and on shutting, it heard the dreaded clanging. Gave the tablet a few thumps and found out it was the culprit.
Considered bending then tabs in a bit, but they are fairly solid, and as the slide latches only just sit behind them by a few mm. at most, it would reduce that catch area.
After buying some rubber as you suggested, when I went to fit it, I noticed that some mounting screws along the bottom were not done all the way up which allowed it to vibrate.
I also noticed the rubber bump stops had locating bolts behind the unit.
Tightened the bottom screws, undid the bump stops and spaced them out with washers, and bingo, closes firmly with no more rattles or extra padding!
Well done...I was on a full corrugated dirt track and the problem was primarily the side latches...when I went through to tighten the bottom screws they wouldn't because the washers were butting up to spacers going back to the door...which left about 1mm to 1.5mm of play on the little bit of spacer coming through the hole in the table...I filed that off so now the washer on the screw is able to pull the table uptight..if that makes sense...anyway, all fixed and I have a skid proof tabletop that sorts out the latches...I have been all over the screws in the back half of the vehicle and most need a little tightening...and more in time...happy motoring (y)

Back
Top Bottom