The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
What exactly is a peg tidy? Not trying to be obtuse - no clue what that is or for what you will use it.
I can see that you don't hang the washing up to dry... 🤣

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
What exactly is a peg tidy? Not trying to be obtuse - no clue what that is or for what you will use it.
For putting clothesline pegs in. The tin has a bracket to attach to a Hills hoist. Google that 😁
I'm on the lookout for some saddle leather covered pegs...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:28 PM
Reaction score
For putting clothesline pegs in. The tin has a bracket to attach to a Hills hoist. Google that 😁
Ah - gotcha. Makes sense although I'm more familiar with the term clothespin - that one I would have figured out. Separated by a common language around here :ROFLMAO:

I've never seen a Hills hoist in person but after Googling, have on TV.

@Eric - can't say that I ever have. I think we had/used a clothes line when I was very young, but have no real recollection of it though. Certainly never had a HH!

Learn something new every day.

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
200.gif
So demanding. 😁

Black Sheep Interior M.O.L.L.E.JPG

Black Sheep interior rear window/door M.O.L.L.E. panels.

Just need a vehicle to go with it.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
I'm very curious to see how they assemble.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:28 PM
Reaction score
So demanding. 😁

View attachment 7829315

Black Sheep interior rear window/door M.O.L.L.E. panels.

Just need a vehicle to go with it.
Very nice! I haven’t started buying accessories yet, but I’m getting closer by the day.

My mission one is sliders/steps.

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
I'm very curious to see how they assemble.

There's four or five packets of bolts and mounting hardware plus some felt strips included. I haven't found any instructions in the box so maybe not that difficult.

For putting clothesline pegs in. The tin has a bracket to attach to a Hills hoist. Google that
😁

Had one in the yard I grew up in but we didn't call it that. Pretty sure my grandmother put it in. She was born in the late 1800s and was proud of her wringer-washer as well. They were fairly common here at one time (HH) but I haven't seen one around for decades.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Installed XTM drawer/fridge slide-kitchen. The latter is a tight fit! ; 3mm clearance to door rubber stopper. Would not work with factory rear door table.

And later we installed the FR 3/4 rack. All bolts torqued to spec!

20231011_145524.jpg
20231011_145535.jpg

Last edited:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Towed van/car combination today to get weighed today and it towed very well, about 100klm round trip @18l/100. Perhaps little stiffer springs in the rear would be nice dropped 50-70mm with 266kg tow ball download. (I'm used to 400kg rear springs in 100 series - fantastic for towing but bad without van on corrugations) Here's some weights for those interested - Trialmaster with bar and winch, two adults with empty 35litre fridge, considerable tools. No drawers or awning but these are to be fitted.

GVM as above 3220kg no van (330 kg's available)
GVM with van attached 3498kg (52kg's available - close to 3550)
GCM 6320kg ( 680kg's available)
Front axle no van 1612kg (55kg's available - close to 1667)
Rear axle no van 1608kg (542kg's available - not close @ 2150kg's )
Front axle with van 1524kg (143kg's available)
Rear axle with van 1974kg (176kg's available)

Not bad but front axle as suspected is close to max when no van is attached yet I still have considerable payload left. Front axle is all good when van is attached but then GVM is close to max. Still perplexed as to why front axle load is so low as is not dissimilar to Y62 or 300 whilst rear is very good. Overall happy as, towed well, economy good. Likely look for small GVM upgrade so I can travel with awning/crossbars and drawers and hopefully this will also come with a little stiffer rear springs.

Oh, one other thing. I have my van dc to dc charging from the nato plug. When I turn the ignition on, 500amp consul switch on and then into drive I hear the rear solenoid clunk on. It stays connected for a few seconds then drops out with a plug/canbus error coming up. Have no idea why. I then connected the 'compressor' relay signal wire to the nato solenoid (this wire replaces the solenoid +12v signal wire) so I now have permanent power to the nato plug with vehicle running and it ran the dc to dc of the van with no problem whatsoever. Not sure why the standard set up didn't like my dc to dc via the nato.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Front axle with van 1974kg (176kg's available)
Good info!
I presume diesel?
I presume you meant rear axle...1974kg...

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Towed van/car combination today to get weighed today and it towed very well, about 100klm round trip @18l/100. Perhaps little stiffer springs in the rear would be nice dropped 50-70mm with 266kg tow ball download. (I'm used to 400kg rear springs in 100 series - fantastic for towing but bad without van on corrugations) Here's some weights for those interested - Trialmaster with bar and winch, two adults with empty 35litre fridge, considerable tools. No drawers or awning but these are to be fitted.
GVM as above 3220kg no van (330 kg's available)
GVM with van attached 3498kg (52kg's available - close to 3550)
GCM 6320kg ( 680kg's available)
Front axle no van 1612kg (55kg's available - close to 1667)
Rear axle no van 1608kg (542kg's available - not close @ 2150kg's )
Rear axle with van 1974kg (176kg's available)
Hmmm, so you can load the van up, but not the fridge in the car. Do that and put 20-40L of water and a couple of clothes bags and you’re over. You’ll have to leave the beer and wine at home as well.

I assume you had a full tank of fuel on board? No room for jerries either.

Staying legal in anything’s hard these days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom