The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:18 AM
Reaction score
Bit of a milestone achieved with an initial 500km run-in - a very nice way to spend a Sunday.
All functioning normally, with the exception of the GPS/CarPlay malfunction mentioned elsewhere.

View attachment 7829036
Awesome, you picked yours up.
I have a feeling that is one Grenadier that will certainly be put to good use.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
Now fixed rear side passenger, the fourth ext. plug will be for Front LED… later project, next one drawer and additional roof platform additional to RTTIMG_5815.jpeg

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
second set of rhino crossbars, and bended riffle aluminium plate with airline rails. I have an old one from VW Touareg (custom made/DIY), will be modified for my purpose 😉

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Lollo050968 OK, thank you... Behind the RTT? Won't the RTT then stick over the windscreen?

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sind in den DachSteckdosen deutsch Stecker drin?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Once we hit the dirt we remembered our new back door table had been fitted by the rattling coming through the vehicle...we stopped placed a folded towel on the table and closed it up...rattles were gone...yesterday the trip to the Foam rubber industries where I purchased a 10mm thick piece of quite solid foam rubber...625mm wide just a fraction wider than the table so it touches the support arms and stops them from rattling and 370mm deep which as you can see fills the cavity but makes for a good nonskid table top...I might fix it with double sided Wurth tape...happy motoring :cool:
I had the same problem - after table was fitted the other day I was on some rough bitumen and thought I must have a truck load of scrap metal bouncing around in the back. Didn’t realise what it was until I opened the big door to check and on shutting, it heard the dreaded clanging. Gave the tablet a few thumps and found out it was the culprit.
Considered bending then tabs in a bit, but they are fairly solid, and as the slide latches only just sit behind them by a few mm. at most, it would reduce that catch area.
After buying some rubber as you suggested, when I went to fit it, I noticed that some mounting screws along the bottom were not done all the way up which allowed it to vibrate.
I also noticed the rubber bump stops had locating bolts behind the unit.
Tightened the bottom screws, undid the bump stops and spaced them out with washers, and bingo, closes firmly with no more rattles or extra padding!

Attachments

• IMG_5125.jpeg
    IMG_5125.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5131.jpeg
    IMG_5131.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5130.jpeg
    IMG_5130.jpeg
    324.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5126.jpeg
    IMG_5126.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5128.jpeg
    IMG_5128.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 72

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you have to remove the rail to fit the mount? i have bought similar but I just can’t find a way to get an allen key in a position to do up the screws
no, I have not removed.
One screw you have to fix, long side of the holder to up, the other holder down. Not full tight screwed, and move in position and fix it.
For the screw to fix I used at first only a bit with 1/2“ nut, it´s less high to screw.
I still have a set, will take some pictures for better understanding.

Last edited:

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sind in den DachSteckdosen deutsch Stecker drin?
Ja sind, habe diese aber mit den weißen Blindstopfen verwahrt um, die Buchsen jederzeit abdichten zu können. Habe neue bei der Montage benutzt.

Yes, but I kept them with the white blind plugs in order to be able to seal the sockets at any time. I used new ones during the assembly.

Saschi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
no, I have not removed.
One screw you have to fix, long side of the holder to up, the other holder down. Not full tight screwed, and move in position and fix it.
For the screw to fix I used at first only a bit with 1/2“ nut, it´s less high to screw.
I still have a set, will take some pictures for better understanding.
Look forward to seeing that because I have entirely failed. I have done this instead.
IMG_4820.jpegIMG_4819.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom