The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
Today , day 2 of ownership we drove to the airport as we are on a short interstate trip.
En route I tried out the usb discman I bought a few months ago ; yay, I can play all my old cds through the Ineos head unit.
I've got many albums not available on streaming channels, and furthermore there are many blackspots where I travel. Nothing more irritating than music dropping out.
Except maybe a diff dropping out.
Copy them to a thumb/USB drive so they don't get damaged.
Why would you possibly want to have CD's in your car?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Copy them to a thumb/USB drive so they don't get damaged.
Why would you possibly want to have CD's in your car?
Because sifting through hundreds of mp3 albums on a stick is impossible.
Might work for those who like random play ; not for album oriented afficionados like me 🙂

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not only that with multiple copies of the same CDs you can have them in different cars at the same time ~his and hers
Exactly
Or
You can illegally download the songs for free using a torrent platform
I know lots of the people on here are of advanced years but honestly........ doesn't mean we have to be stupid.
1696590898398.png

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Because sifting through hundreds of mp3 albums on a stick is impossible.
Might work for those who like random play ; not for album oriented afficionados like me 🙂
Over the years I copied a couple of hundred albums to a microSD card on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10) which I can now sort on the main display by album/artist/track using the Samsung Music app. on android auto

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have a built in 10GB hardrive on my car that I currently have 859 songs loaded onto.
Using less than 1 GB.
Some have come from CD's, some fromAlbums I have downloaded, but most from torrent downloads.
only downside is varying volume levels.
So occasionally i have to use the volume up/down controls on my steering wheel.
i can select to play them in order, random, by genre, by artist, bi-sexual........
I also have a 5 disc CD stacker.....but why???

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No
Surely you are making that up
What witchcraft is that???
The micro SD card is 128GB of which the "car" music collection is 57GB... so far comprises 223 albums with 3224 tracks. I'm looking to expand that using a 256GB microSD card. There's rich pickings on YouTube with a premium subscription... YT has some wonderful albums from Jazz, classical music etc which are audio only... not bloated with video
IG head unit system can supposedly support a HDD though I've not experimented with it as yet

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
Had to finish a greenroof at AUDI Brussels factory this morning. Went over there with the Grenadier and 1 pallet of sedum mats inside. During installation I could see from the roof that there were 3 AUDI engineers checking out my Grenadier, shouting "it looks like a defender!" "it's a Grenadier!" I had parked myself on the parking lot for the management, in-between the electric AUDI's. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3468.jpeg
    IMG_3468.jpeg
    523.1 KB · Views: 59

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had to finish a greenroof at AUDI Brussels factory this morning. Went over there with the Grenadier and 1 pallet of sedum mats inside. During installation I could see from the roof that there were 3 AUDI engineers checking out my Grenadier, shouting "it looks like a defender!" "it's a Grenadier!" I had parked myself on the parking lot for the management, in-between the electric AUDI's. :)
I visited the plant many years ago when it was still Volkswagen, and was quite impressed. It was a professional visit, the consulting company I worked for made an offer for the maintenance part of the plant, It was the first time I visited a car manufacturer. The second time was Hambach.
It is quite surprising that even people who work in the automotive sector are thinking this is a Defender! :unsure:

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I visited the plant many years ago when it was still Volkswagen, and was quite impressed. It was a professional visit, the consulting company I worked for made an offer for the maintenance part of the plant, It was the first time I visited a car manufacturer. The second time was Hambach.
It is quite surprising that even people who work in the automotive sector are thinking this is a Defender! :unsure:
:ROFLMAO: I am happy they didn’t say it was the new Q7

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have a built in 10GB hardrive on my car that I currently have 859 songs loaded onto.
Using less than 1 GB.
Some have come from CD's, some fromAlbums I have downloaded, but most from torrent downloads.
only downside is varying volume levels.
So occasionally i have to use the volume up/down controls on my steering wheel.
i can select to play them in order, random, by genre, by artist, bi-sexual........
I also have a 5 disc CD stacker.....but why???
You do your thing , I'll do mine . If your way of life is better than mine , enjoy!

Carefant

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:46 AM
Reaction score
The micro SD card is 128GB of which the "car" music collection is 57GB... so far comprises 223 albums with 3224 tracks. I'm looking to expand that using a 256GB microSD card. There's rich pickings on YouTube with a premium subscription... YT has some wonderful albums from Jazz, classical music etc which are audio only... not bloated with video
IG head unit system can supposedly support a HDD though I've not experimented with it as yet
I’ve plugged a tiny Samsung 128Gb usb A thumb drive into the slot in the cubby. This has about 11,000 high quality mp3 tracks on it. This is about 80Gb worth, batch converted from FLAC files on the home HiFi hard drive. Grenny head unit handles these perfectly, organising them by artist and album and showing cover art. Set to start playing instantly when I turn the ignition. I just leave it on shuffle and skip any tracks I don’t want to hear. Looking forward to getting the speakers upgraded and a sub added. I may never go back into the house 😜

Back
Top Bottom