The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
Where I live the council have always been fussy about which vehicles can use the tip, sometimes you can "buy a pass" from the tip rats.
The end result being most of the local lanes have a pile of mattresses and sofas on a Monday morning.
I took a load of hardcore down that they used to take, not long ago, now you have to travel to another tip much further away. And they wonder why we have all the fly tipping!! I'm just slowly adding it to my general waste to get rid of now. It makes you wonder what it take to be on the local council

Reactions: PBD

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Where I live the council have always been fussy about which vehicles can use the tip, sometimes you can "buy a pass" from the tip rats.
The end result being most of the local lanes have a pile of mattresses and sofas on a Monday morning.
Yep, our tip, sorry refuse recycling centre, has similar rules. Prior to a visit 3 - 4 days in advance you have to book an arrival slot, 10 minutes allocated. No twin axle trailers but small single axle trailers permitted, have to be stated when booking a slot.
The Regional Council have a massive fly tipping problem, and they wonder why :unsure:

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've been waiting for one of you lot to translate this for us English speakers on the forum :p

Yes,

Tip - a colloquial term for the place where you dispose of unwanted household items

Tip Rat - a very dirty member of staff wearing an equally dirty high visibility jacket. Intently watching to see if he can make some cash from your unwanted items. Will take a bribe.

Fly tipping - a gate to a field on a narrow quiet rural road where you also dispose of unwanted household items. No online booking required.

Rubbish - the British English word for trash or garbage. (Both these words have existed in British English for centuries but have dropped out of common usage)

Also, while I am on a roll.. Australians - a diff is the reduction gear in the middle of an axle - it is not the whole axle! (Sorry, but it had to be said)

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
Fly tipping - a gate to a field on a narrow quiet rural road where you also dispose of unwanted household items. No online booking required.
Is this in an orderly manner or higgledy-piggledy?

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes,

Tip - a colloquial term for the place where you dispose of unwanted household items

Tip Rat - a very dirty member of staff wearing an equally dirty high visibility jacket. Intently watching to see if he can make some cash from your unwanted items. Will take a bribe.

Thank you. After "Recycling Centre" post I was still confused about the fly tipping. I figured it had zero relation to cow tipping. :)

Last edited:

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Generally in a disorderly manner in case the one policeman on duty for the whole county happened to be driving past. (En route from one mistresses house to the next)
Saying that, on one verge nearby some joker rearranged the pile into a virtual living room complete with sofa, TV, coffe table etc. It stayed there for several weeks.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Depends how faster getaway the driver needs to make. If caught you face a hefty fine or imprisonment for repeat or serious offenders. A serious offender is someone being paid by locals to tip ( recycle rubbish) on their behalf thus negating the need to go to the tip yourself

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you. After "Recycling Centre" post I was still confused about the fly tipping. I figured it had zero relation to cow tipping. :)
Now there’s a thing. Cow Tipping. Tried it a few times on drunken nights out whilst at agricultural college. Nobody as I remember ever managed to tip a cow, but had many a great laugh trying.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7861262

Just a drive in the woods
I did the Kielder Forest drive yesterday, first time for a couple of years. Bit disappointed a) they have changed the layout and the new layout missed out the section with parking by river,
b) also missing out passing the workers Forest cottages, and more importantly
c) the Forestry Commission have " maintained " the Forest track and is less potholed than most of the Council's road.

MikeP

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
I did it again: I was leaving Romania, where petrol is cheaper and entered Hungary, so I waited quite a long time before deciding to refill. I didn't break my record, this was almost 92 liters, but not bad, I think:
View attachment 7861256
View attachment 7861257

(Price per liter: about 1.5 €/l)
I am sure that you paid for 91.13 liter, but are you sure that you got 91.13 liter? 😂😂😂 That would change the whole equation.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Went for my "12k mile" service. Had the oil changed at about 5k so my first service was off a bit. Mileage taken when I pulled into the dealer. Purchased Jan. 27th of this year.

I would say that 90% of this is Highway, about 9% is surface roads, and the rest is off tarmac. Not as impressive as @OverlandGearGuy but not too shabby.

They actually filled in my Little Rock chip I had in my 2nd windshield. Total 12k mile service with windshield repair and tire rotation/balance was ~$1,375.

IMG_2784.jpeg

OverlandGearGuy

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
Went for my "12k mile" service. Had the oil changed at about 5k so my first service was off a bit. Mileage taken when I pulled into the dealer. Purchased Jan. 27th of this year.

I would say that 90% of this is Highway, about 9% is surface roads, and the rest is off tarmac. Not as impressive as @OverlandGearGuy but not too shabby.

They actually filled in my Little Rock chip I had in my 2nd windshield. Total 12k mile service with windshield repair and tire rotation/balance was ~$1,375.

View attachment 7861274

Right on, you're getting some miles on it, too bad about the rock chips and replacement, I have too many chips to fill in LOL

Well good luck with it and hope you keep enjoy using it.

Rob

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday ...first puncture.
Warning alarm came on......
Wife looking out of the window said "your car's wonky"

Serious note i tried to use the wheel lock socket for the first time but wouldnt move with the factory wheel wrench. Got all other nuts free but no joy with the locknut. Had to call AA. He noted that the key nut was already showing signs of damage from my attempts, but he managed to release with his battery wrench.
Wheel changed but THAT lock nut not replaced .
Decided to get him to check others . 2 Easy 1 F... tight .
All locknuts left off after patrolman said in his opinion 160 torque might be too much for the locknuts.
Perhaps the locknuts are not too crucial given the unusual stud pattern…

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Took another batch of store cattle to the market, the gearbox ratios and programming are really perfectly judged for towing close to 3.5 T of live animals smoothly. The economy takes a 10-12 mpg hit as expected and the return (empty) journey is ridiculously quick.

Back
Top Bottom