The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:46 AM
Reaction score
Quick demonstration of the difference between Break Traction control and Diff Locks
I was just RTFM and it seems that the BTC is activated automatically with center diff lock only, and is deactivated with engagement of the rear ( and front) locker is engaged? I haven't intentionally used the BTC (ETC) because I usually lock the rear diff when encountering any challenging terrain. So, might be better to try it without rear locked, depending on the challenge?
@mr

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
I was just RTFM and it seems that the BTC is activated automatically with center diff lock only, and is deactivated with engagement of the rear ( and front) locker is engaged? I haven't intentionally used the BTC (ETC) because I usually lock the rear diff when encountering any challenging terrain. So, might be better to try it without rear locked, depending on the challenge?
@mr
Left foot braking for traction works perfectly well in all modes, so there's always that (y)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score
Now there’s a thing. Cow Tipping. Tried it a few times on drunken nights out whilst at agricultural college. Nobody as I remember ever managed to tip a cow, but had many a great laugh trying.
We had lots of New Zealand friends.
They like to try sheep tipping over there.
It would be easier if they did it from the side but they seem to like the challenge of doing it from the back.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:46 AM
Reaction score
We had lots of New Zealand friends.
They like to try sheep tipping over there.
It would be easier if they did it from the side but they seem to like the challenge of doing it from the back.
Just helping them cross the fence....

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
@mr
It's a pretty average BTC in my opinion especially coming from Toyota as theirs is far superior. It really depends on the situation. If you have lockers, then it's no problem. If you don't it's a lot of wheel spin for forward momentum

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@mr
Also be aware that BTC is deactivated when the rear locker is engaged which is disappointing

LeonD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This past week we went on a kayaking and mountain biking trip to Lake Superior, Apostle Islands. The trip was a bust; it rained every day with only a few glimpses of the sun. However, everyone stayed dry and warm, and we enjoyed good food, good drinks, good conversation, and fun games. Here are a few notes about the Grenadier and some of the accessories:

1. 2,800-mile road trip pulling a teardrop trailer, mountain bike, gear, two adults, two kids, dog, supplies, water, etc. No issues, and it was a pleasure to drive. In Wisconsin, the premium fuel is ethanol-free. I filled up the tank and was surprised to see the fuel range increase to 330 miles! It did not last long; it dropped back to the expected 280-270 miles (is there a sensor that can detect this?). Overall trip MPG was 16.8, not bad considering the load.

2. Tougher back seat covers - with rain, mud, sand, dog, and two kids, they worked great. If you are considering them, do it.

3. Agile Fox Steering Stabilizer - worked well. As weight is added, it may be less effective. Overall, it worked better than the stock.

4. 1up USA hitch bike rack - Holy sh^! I have owned and used other bike racks; nothing compares. This hitch bike rack is simply the best, rock solid, even when we were off-road.

5. Grenadier dual battery setup - worked great. We moved the NL fridge into the Grenadier when there was heavy rain or at night, and there were no issues. The next morning, the Grenadier started right up.

6. Victron Energy Solar Charge Controller(s) - Even with cloud cover, I was able to deploy the solar panels and charge the batteries in the trailer and the Grenadier.

7. Yakima 10-gallon road shower - This is mounted to the Rhino rack on the roof. In our pre-trip testing, the driving characteristics of the Grenadier changed significantly with the road shower filled with water. Though filled to the max, the water still shifted in the tank, changing the driving dynamics. On this trip, we filled it up at our destination and emptied it when we traveled back.

8. Gen Y Glyder shock absorbing hitch. I needed to extend my hitch by just a few inched (factory was just too close, could not open doors) and decided to purchase this. It did as advertised, it absorbed the bumps in the road for a "smooth steady ride". This was a good buy.

9. Rockie Talkie Mountain Radio and 5 Watt Radio - Outstanding product. When we were able to hit the water, the 5 watt radio had outstanding range, battery life and is IP67 water proof. Back in camp the kids had the mountain radio and we were able to communicate with them while on the water (about two miles).

Lastly, with the Grenadier loaded, it did sag in the back - has anyone installed coil spring air bags? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6881.jpg
    IMG_6881.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9571.jpg
    IMG_9571.jpg
    1,016 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This past week we went on a kayaking and mountain biking trip to Lake Superior, Apostle Islands. The trip was a bust; it rained every day with only a few glimpses of the sun. However, everyone stayed dry and warm, and we enjoyed good food, good drinks, good conversation, and fun games. Here are a few notes about the Grenadier and some of the accessories:

1. 2,800-mile road trip pulling a teardrop trailer, mountain bike, gear, two adults, two kids, dog, supplies, water, etc. No issues, and it was a pleasure to drive. In Wisconsin, the premium fuel is ethanol-free. I filled up the tank and was surprised to see the fuel range increase to 330 miles! It did not last long; it dropped back to the expected 280-270 miles (is there a sensor that can detect this?). Overall trip MPG was 16.8, not bad considering the load.

2. Tougher back seat covers - with rain, mud, sand, dog, and two kids, they worked great. If you are considering them, do it.

3. Agile Fox Steering Stabilizer - worked well. As weight is added, it may be less effective. Overall, it worked better than the stock.

4. 1up USA hitch bike rack - Holy sh^! I have owned and used other bike racks; nothing compares. This hitch bike rack is simply the best, rock solid, even when we were off-road.

5. Grenadier dual battery setup - worked great. We moved the NL fridge into the Grenadier when there was heavy rain or at night, and there were no issues. The next morning, the Grenadier started right up.

6. Victron Energy Solar Charge Controller(s) - Even with cloud cover, I was able to deploy the solar panels and charge the batteries in the trailer and the Grenadier.

7. Yakima 10-gallon road shower - This is mounted to the Rhino rack on the roof. In our pre-trip testing, the driving characteristics of the Grenadier changed significantly with the road shower filled with water. Though filled to the max, the water still shifted in the tank, changing the driving dynamics. On this trip, we filled it up at our destination and emptied it when we traveled back.

8. Gen Y Glyder shock absorbing hitch. I needed to extend my hitch by just a few inched (factory was just too close, could not open doors) and decided to purchase this. It did as advertised, it absorbed the bumps in the road for a "smooth steady ride". This was a good buy.

Lastly, with the Grenadier loaded, it did sag in the back - has anyone installed coil spring air bags? Thanks.
Those are some nice bike racks or rack design. I have been looking for something similar for paddle boards/surf boards. Since my Defender is a soft-top tying to the roof is not an option.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

9. Rockie Talkie Mountain Radio and 5 Watt Radio - Outstanding product. When we were able to hit the water, the 5 watt radio had outstanding range, battery life and is IP67 water proof. Back in camp the kids had the mountain radio and we were able to communicate with them while on the water (about two miles).

The computer works on current average fuel consumption so it will either drop or increase with your driving style/conditions.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From Tague Outdoors in Australia 3 pocket velcro backed storage

Attachments

• 20240628_112338.jpg
    20240628_112338.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
  • 20240628_115305.jpg
    20240628_115305.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 55

OverlandGearGuy

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score

So are you happy with that steering stabilizer?

Yes, those 1 UP bike racks are amazing. I’ve got one for Van and one for the Grenadier.

Good choice

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
From Tague Outdoors in Australia 3 pocket velcro backed storage
MrMike, looks good. Appears you have a top shelf and OEM half height barrier. Can you elaborate a little please as mine could really do with a shelf but I haven't found a solution yet to incorporate the half height barrier.

Tks

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
MrMike, looks good. Appears you have a top shelf and OEM half height barrier. Can you elaborate a little please as mine could really do with a shelf but I haven't found a solution yet to incorporate the half height barrier.

Tks
Absolutely, it has been modified (the shelf) brought forward 40mm to clear the barrier, I still used the captive nuts where the barrier fits in. See attached pictures.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240628_152542_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240628_152542_WhatsApp.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20240628_152518_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240628_152518_WhatsApp.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom