The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
Have a couple of questions.
(2) Sometimes when I go over a bump in the dirt road I get a very loud "Boom" as a result. Anyone else get this happening?

If you’re talking about a “warning” type boom, honk or whatever coming from the internal speaker with a quick notice on the screen that disappears before you can read it, then yes I’ve had that happen half a dozen times on one trip, but because it happens when you’re concentrating on driving (grid, washout, pothole etc) I’ve not been quick enough to see what it says.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you’re talking about a “warning” type boom, honk or whatever coming from the internal speaker with a quick notice on the screen that disappears before you can read it, then yes I’ve had that happen half a dozen times on one trip, but because it happens when you’re concentrating on driving (grid, washout, pothole etc) I’ve not been quick enough to see what it says.
This sounds like the general audio warning for the rear door latch. That also fits in with Les' bumpy road situation.
I think @DaveB had this and it was solved with a door latch sensor adjustment. @DaveB?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This sounds like the general audio warning for the rear door latch. That also fits in with Les' bumpy road situation.
I think @DaveB had this and it was solved with a door latch sensor adjustment. @DaveB?
I had a sporadic faulty rear door it would flash the door open symbol if I was stationary and flash a red warning and alarm bong if I was driving.
Sometimes it would only do it once so by the time you looked over it was gone.
Other times it would do it for 10 minutes straight so I could see what it was.
Initially the dealer said it just needed to be adjusted but after they did that on two separate occasions and still no fix I contacted Ineos direct.
Ineos said it was a faulty sensor and needed to be replaced.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
Called EB to register need for service for the first time. Apparently my AC decided to poop on our first hot day of the year yesterday. My wife got some laughs but if this is the first problem I've had in 6 months, and it's a known issue, I'm happy.

Back to the regularly scheduled program of installing my Black Sheep window MOLLEs and moving things around on the Owl dash mount to try to find the perfect placement. Also trying to find the ideal way to lay out all the extra electric bits for under the rear seat once I get around to my D250 install. Probably on a piece of marine board under the rear passenger side seat with the 3 posts there used as standoffs.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:25 AM
Reaction score
Have a couple of questions.
(1) On occasions the BMW Diesel engine fan continues to operate when the engine is switched off for perhaps 15 minutes, and then shuts down. Is this normal?
(2) Sometimes when I go over a bump in the dirt road I get a very loud "Boom" as a result. Anyone else get this happening?
1) Mine does this on occasion but it's the DPF burn and sounds like it's going to take off. If yours is just running a 'normal' fan then I haven't had that. 15 minutes sounds long for either scenario when engine not running.

2) Have only had the loud boom' once and it really caught me out, almost needed a change of underwear. Was strange as it happened on road going over a nearside pothole. Never had it off road where the terrain was more challenging but perhaps the speed was always much less. Sorry cannot advise what it was but it seemed to come from the rear of the vehicle and maybe uptop - sorry cannot be more specific. Hasn't happened again.

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Spent close to three hours rotating a dozen hose clamps into positions that can now (mostly) be comfortably reached from the engine compartment. Some minor dismantling was required to get my mitts in there but it wasn't extensive. The Mrs. helped a good bit with her smaller hands and with fetching different tools while I was entangled underneath in the steering linkages trying to wrangle things. There are some hoses you'll never reach without serious digging like those to the interior of the vehicle or the ones that run behind the engine (should be aluminium or SS) or into the intake manifold but there's not much you can do while the engine is under warranty🤷‍♂️. I've got a few more to fix and some sleeves to add to prevent chafing, but I feel a little better about dealing with potential burst hoses and the like if I'm on the road.

The routing of the cooling system hoses on the B58 petrol engine really appears like an afterthought. I'd hate to be faced with repairing the system as delivered hundreds (or thousands) of miles from home. I see a number of potential simplifications or more secure routings but I'm not an engineer. I guess there could be a reason for the "tub of guts" arrangement. It would also help if the crew in Hambach was more aware that their assembly processes do affect serviceability. I suspect a good portion of the cooing lines are put together at the bench and then simply dropped in once the engine is seated and radiators are being readied though, in truth, I know nothing about such things.

I seem to remember an factory employee posting here a year or so ago. If anyone remembers who it was maybe you could call their attention to my concerns.

Oh! Yesterday I got a lesson in efficient Grenadier packing for worldwide travel from the @globalgregors. Their vehicle is a study in elegant simplicity.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It would also help if the crew in Hambach was more aware that their assembly processes do affect serviceability.
It is a well known and time honoured phenomenon/rule that engineers and mechanics do not converse during the design process :)

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
Played today a little bit in the dirt, at the offroadwerk beside the Nürburgring.
All lockers worked as they should, and we stucked nowhere. All inside mods stay on their place and our dog Abby the beagle was 100% relaxed at all times. My wife not😎IMG_6749.jpegIMG_6746.jpegIMG_6747.jpeg

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday ...first puncture.
Warning alarm came on......
Wife looking out of the window said "your car's wonky"

Serious note i tried to use the wheel lock socket for the first time but wouldnt move with the factory wheel wrench. Got all other nuts free but no joy with the locknut. Had to call AA. He noted that the key nut was already showing signs of damage from my attempts, but he managed to release with his battery wrench.
Wheel changed but THAT lock nut not replaced .
Decided to get him to check others . 2 Easy 1 F... tight .
All locknuts left off after patrolman said in his opinion 160 torque might be too much for the locknuts.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Serious note i tried to use the wheel lock socket for the first time but wouldnt move with the factory wheel wrench. Got all other nuts free but no joy with the locknut. Had to call AA. He noted that the key nut was already showing signs of damage from my attempts, but he managed to release with his battery wrench.
All locknuts left off after patrolman said in his opinion 160 torque might be too much for the locknuts.
I treated all wheel screws with Molykote 1000 (Thx to @AWo ), that in case of flat tire, I am able to remove.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
Played today a little bit in the dirt, at the offroadwerk beside the Nürburgring.
There is an off road track beside the Nürburgring?! I'm looking forward to a tourist lap there in September, although I don't believe my rental car will be suitable for the dirt

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@anand You have the possibility to drive (guided) with a Grand Cherokee
OFFROADWERK
Jörg M. Sommer
email@offroadwerk.de

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Also a good reason to not use locknuts when off-road. In the case of a locking wheel nut that cannot be removed (or key for same is simply misplaced), “AA” (here in America) will not be able to respond.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All lockers worked as they should, and we stucked nowhere. All inside mods stay on their place and our dog Abby the beagle was 100% relaxed at all times. My wife not😎View attachment 7861012View attachment 7861013View attachment 7861014
Hi- ich wollte heute auch da sein, wie schon öfters. Leider hat sich mein Hund heute morgen verletzt. Das geht vor….. Es ist ein schönes kleines Gelände oder?

Back
Top Bottom