The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
Now there’s a thing. Cow Tipping. Tried it a few times on drunken nights out whilst at agricultural college. Nobody as I remember ever managed to tip a cow, but had many a great laugh trying.
I had nothing to do to my Greandier today. However I thought I'd fact check cow tipping , as it seemed implausible yet interesting.
There is actual research...

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
I didn't do anything outstanding either. I drove with my Grenadier and bought a few care products. I wanted to be back quickly. But a few people approached me and wanted to know a few things about the Grenadier.
At the moment I'm in my workshop preparing my Series 2a for sale. It really hurts to part with a very special vehicle with an outstanding history after such a long time. But decisions have to be made.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
At the moment I'm in my workshop preparing my Series 2a for sale. It really hurts to part with a very special vehicle with an outstanding history after such a long time. But decisions have to be made.
Nooooooo!
I'm repainting my S3.
Nothing fancy. Rattle cans.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
Absolutely, it has been modified (the shelf) brought forward 40mm to clear the barrier, I still used the captive nuts where the barrier fits in. See attached pictures.
Thanks MrMike. Appreciated. Which shelf is that?

LeonD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
So are you happy with that steering stabilizer?

Yes, those 1 UP bike racks are amazing. I’ve got one for Van and one for the Grenadier.

Good choice
Overall yes. It helps. Drastic improvement, probably not. The low cost is worth the benefit provided. I would also consider the the Fox Race series 2.0 stabilizer ATS at Owl.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I haven’t driven my grenny since the 2nd of June, where I spent a wonderful weekend of country road touring where it performed delightfully.
Then I had this done and haven’t driven it since.
I hope to drive in another week or two, where I’ll hopefully drive up to visit the in-laws about 2 hours west.

It still needs a bath.

IMG_5951.jpeg

Healing well now, but the first two weeks weren’t a lot of fun.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I haven’t driven my grenny since the 2nd of June, where I spent a wonderful weekend of country road touring where it performed wonderfully.
Then I had this done and haven’t driven it since.
I hope to drive in another week or two, where I’ll hopefully drive up to visist the in-laws about 2 hours west.

View attachment 7861518

Healing well now, but the first two weeks weren’t a lot of fun.
New ball joint, you'll be back on track and walking precisely very soon.
Heal fast but stay in low range for a while.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
New ball joint, you'll be back on track and walking precisely very soon.
Heal fast but stay in low range for a while.

Top and bottom titanium - Steve Majors’s bionic knee didn’t look this bad on the tele. 😂
Yes I asked my physio today if I could do Carnarvon NP (22km creek walk) in October and she suggested that might be a bit early.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If this helps anyone who needs to drill holes in the plastic trim. I bought some thick material sticky pads, placed over the screw hols under the trim. Use the wife's lipstick (honest), and generously covered them. Pushed trim firmly back on, removed then drilled in center of the print. It worked absolutely perfectly. I hope this helps as i never measure things right and end up.with a bigger hole than required this was exactly the size of the bolt. A first for me.

Attachments

• 20240613_091342.jpg
    20240613_091342.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
  • 20240613_091347.jpg
    20240613_091347.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • 20240613_091356.jpg
    20240613_091356.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • 20240613_091216.jpg
    20240613_091216.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 42

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Top and bottom titanium - Steve Majors’s bionic knee didn’t look this bad on the tele. 😂
Yes I asked my physio today if I could do Carnarvon NP (22km creek walk) in October and she suggested that might be a bit early.
Generally a minimum of 6 months required for significant joint/ bone surgery or injury. Assuming everything else is in order and you are "relatively young".
But you'll knock that or similar walks off well before Easter if you're a good boy for your physio 😃

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
If this helps anyone who needs to drill holes in the plastic trim. I bought some thick material sticky pads, placed over the screw hols under the trim. Use the wife's lipstick (honest), and generously covered them. Pushed trim firmly back on, removed then drilled in center of the print. It worked absolutely perfectly. I hope this helps as i never measure things right and end up.with a bigger hole than required this was exactly the size of the bolt. A first for me.
That's a good trick, also...if you look at the fixing covers on the back, there is a circle that is faint, that coresponds with the captive nut hole.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
I am trying to remove the right part of my plastic front bumper, because I did touch something some weeks ago in Romania, and the bumper is bend. See the picture (the part I want to be dismounted is the left part on the picture,, the part with the grid and the park sensor).
20240628_130817 (002).jpg

Until now no success, I don't find how to dismount it. I already dismounted also my front protection plate, and some more parts, but I don't find the trick to dismount this part. Anyone did it? I looked with the search engine of the forum, but didn't find it.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I could never work this out myself when trying to remount the auxiliary radiators but I think there is a torx fixing at the front of the bumper that you have to access from the back by taking the wheel arch liner out.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's a good trick, also...if you look at the fixing covers on the back, there is a circle that is faint, that coresponds with the captive nut hole.
I did see that but the holes I managed to drill were much smaller/exactly same size as the bolt, so if the shelf isn't there it looks as though the holes should be their

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:49 PM
Reaction score
I did some cosmetics to cheer Shitake up a little 😁
Trying the 3M VHB double sided tape on the door seal so 🤞🏽(not the best finish but that suff is sooo sticky 🙄😳)
Also added the red stickers courtesy of @grenadierboy - awesome work thanks very much, they look the business 👍🏼
Plus added some anti skid tape to the ladder. Getting ready for the roofbox for upcoming ski season 😁👍🏼

Attachments

• IMG_7535.jpeg
    IMG_7535.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7536.jpeg
    IMG_7536.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7537.jpeg
    IMG_7537.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7539.jpeg
    IMG_7539.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7538.jpeg
    IMG_7538.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7534.jpeg
    IMG_7534.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 62

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did remove the wheel arch liner ... Still don't find it, but thanks for the advice.
Jean the side bumpers are screwed under the centre section . There are 2 torx bolts that need to be undone through the holes on the right of where you removed all those screws . You will need an extension to reach them . After that remove the wheel liner then unclip the side indicator and the bumper slides off .

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
Through those holes . Hope it helps
Thanks, I will remember that, but seen too late!

I somehow could rectify the bending by using a manual hoist attached to a tree, and some trial and error bending of another piece. Didn't take enough pictures. The result is not perfect, I did bend it slightly too much.
20240628_165547.jpg
20240628_185856.jpg
20240629_190501.jpg

Back
Top Bottom