The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Heute habe ich mein Auto vom Händler abgeholt und das European Eibach Lift Kit installieren lassen. Es hebt die Achsen nicht an, aber es gibt mehr Platz darunter. Irgendwann werde ich größere Reifen bekommen. Ich bin sehr zufrieden damit.

Attachments

• IMG_9967.jpeg
    IMG_9967.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9996.jpeg
    IMG_9996.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9999.jpeg
    IMG_9999.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0002.jpeg
    IMG_0002.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 32

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:24 PM
Reaction score
Drove out to South Deerfield MA and drove up Mount Sugarloaf for the first time ever. You can also go to the Yankee Candle flagship store and Treehouse Brewery!
Recommend the drive up to Brattleboro or Wilmington , then over Route 9 up Hogback Mtn. I great view at the top and a brewery to boot.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
Today I fitted a small cabin fire extinguisher on the passenger side using this bracket available from @GrenX in Australia. The brackets uses existing hardware under the seat.
The seat is all the way back in these pics.

Edit: Rubbertree floor mat also shown.

Attachments

• PXL_20240621_050449947.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240621_050449947.MP.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20240621_050540147.jpg
    PXL_20240621_050540147.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20240621_050633634.jpg
    PXL_20240621_050633634.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Brandtnm

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
I used my new cup holder
IMG_2113.jpeg
To help fit leitner’s rack rails for our rtt and awning (currently on pinz)
IMG_2137.jpeg
Tip: put on the rubber top strips on 1st, and spray n wash makes em’ go right in but washes right off when in rains.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
I installed the agile offroad stabilizer bar. Holy smokes what a difference! I really like how easy the car drives now!

Last edited:

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Today I fitted a small cabin fire extinguisher on the passenger side using this bracket available from @GrenX in Australia. The brackets uses existing hardware under the seat.
The seat is all the way back in these pics.
I really like that the bracket secures the bottom of the extinguisher, along with the mid-point strap. Many cheaper extinguishers in the U.S. only have the single ‘belt’.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
Have a couple of questions.
(1) On occasions the BMW Diesel engine fan continues to operate when the engine is switched off for perhaps 15 minutes, and then shuts down. Is this normal?
(2) Sometimes when I go over a bump in the dirt road I get a very loud "Boom" as a result. Anyone else get this happening?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
(1) On occasions the BMW Diesel engine fan continues to operate when the engine is switched off for perhaps 15 minutes, and then shuts down. Is this normal?
(2) Sometimes when I go over a bump in the dirt road I get a very loud "Boom" as a result. Anyone else get this happening?
Yes, I have had to move my vehicle because of that, uncomfortably parked so to speak. The fan keeps running if the car is in the middle of a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) process when it is switched off...I had that boom when my vehicle was new and thought it was suspension, springs settling in mine, now close to 25000klm and no more booms for quite a while...pretty shaw there were other things written on here with certain theories (y)

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, this is normal. Believe it occurs when the vehicle is completing a DPF regeneration, which raises temperatures for the duration of the burn.
Is the vehicle heavily loaded (eg hitting it’s bump stops?). Otherwise no, this one is not normal.

Is the boom like a metal on metal thud or a misfire?

I would examine suspension and steering linkages (any play?); steering damper; exhaust hangars; chassis crossmember. Any visible damage underneath? Is the vehicle sitting evenly (fore/aft and left/right) when parked on flat ground?

Could be a mis-seated spring? Hard to say Les.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, the thermo fans continue to operate during a DPF burnoff or when the motor is hot. Owners are calling it helicopter mode. Ronny Dahl discusses it here, with INEOS feedback:

View: https://youtu.be/bFydZe_TB-0?t=852

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
XHQ AUX FUEL TANKS BEING TESTED
The XHQ 30 litre diesel tanks, on both sides, fixed to the XHQ Molle Panels are now filled. I got about 26 litres in each tank, while fixed to the car, before they started to froth. If I tried I could get some more fuel in, but this is a test run to Eromanga (Qld) from Ballina (NSW). I leave Monday morning.

I think the only way you can get in 30 litres is take the tanks off the car and stand them vertical so the filler is at the top (then attach the full tanks to the car). To avoid losing fuel you would need to do the same thing when pumping the fuel out. For my needs 26 litres is enough. Ronny Dahl's video says he got to 27 litres.

The car did not get top heavy with the extra fuel, in fact it drives nicely, with a good distribution of the added weight - better than the two roof rack Jerry cans I used on the Nissan Patrol. The car (aka Wally) is still level and not sitting low even with it fully loaded.
full

Last edited:

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
IMG_4276.jpegIMG_4432.jpegBuilt some mounts for the recovery boards. Made them out of wood and used raptor paint to make them weatherproof. Very light and strong so. I can use 2 oder 4 boards (by changing the screws) and use the ring-screws as fixing points for other stuff.
Surprisingly no additional wind sounds.IMG_4431.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4426.jpeg
    IMG_4426.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4427.jpeg
    IMG_4427.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4429.jpeg
    IMG_4429.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 25

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Today, I installed two arb work lights on the grab handles on each side. Looks pretty legit but it's not dark yet.

Yesterday I installed the agile offroad Baja light as a drop in replacement for my off-road lights. They output an impressive amount of light!

Back
Top Bottom