The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
Not sure of accuracy, but family history is that either my great grandfather, or great great grandfather, and his brother left there in 1800's and came to Australia.
Not as convicts.
That would make sense, that in those days of your great great grandfather people would often be known by the place of origin eg. "(John of Boreland)" and thus account for your surname.

Metricshifter

Production/Transit
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
I’m an Omega Seamaster (daily) and Glashutte Original (dress) guy.
But iif I’m honest my favourite watch is the one that will be most at home in the IG, and that’s my near 30 year old Seiko SK007 diver. You couldn’t kill this thing with a shotgun, and it’s just a great all rounder you can wear anywhere doing anything. Probably my least expensive (unlike the IG) but most loved.
that struck a chord, started wearing my first proper watch, a Seiko 7002-7001 again this year. I bought it in 1990 in Yanbu.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Getting to the roof rack and roof tent...

Bought one of these, not keen on the massive hinge mount thing you can find.

PXL_20240619_171254821.jpg

I spotted this, now they tell me not to put things on the roof!

Note the US spelling of maneuver (manoeuvre is the predominant spelling UK/Canada/Australia and France of course)

PXL_20240619_171431649.jpg

Last edited:

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
Debe ser un auto femenino el que Santana

Con la única intención de contribuir al foro, Santana Motor fue una empresa española ubicada en Linares (Jaén) que tuvo licencia Land Rover desde 1958 hasta 1994, durante todos estos años fabricó Land Rover desde la serie II, hasta los primeros defensores, se llamaban Land Rover Santana, a partir del 94 fue comprado por Suzuki y fabricó el Suzuki Samurai, luego Suzuki se deshizo de Santana, estuvo algunos años construyendo el Anibal que era una especie de Defender para el ejército, les dejo un enlace por si quieres saber más. Saludos Paco
https://matritense20.wordpress.com/...mezo-a-fabricar-los-land-rover-en-espana-ano- 1961/

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
Just with the intention of contributing to the forum, Santana Motor was a Spanish company located in Linares (Cordoba) that had a Land Rover license from 1958 to 1994, during all these years it manufactured Land Rover from series II, to the first defenders, they were called Land Rover Santana, starting in 94 it was bought by Suzuki and manufactured the Suzuki Samurai, after Suzuki got rid of Santana, it spent some years building the Anibal which was a kind of Defender for the army, I leave you a link in case you want to know more. Greetings Paco
https://matritense20.wordpress.com/...mezo-a-fabricar-los-land-rover-en-espana-ano- 1961/

As usual I cannot remember who, but a member here who was a very early owner of a Grenny was stopped by a lorry driver (I think) who told him that his new IG was nothing more than a Santana and was actually made in the Santana factory in Spain.

So for all you experts on here, be told….The Grenny is just a rebadged Spanish Defender, a random lorry driver knows it for a fact !!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
that struck a chord, started wearing my first proper watch, a Seiko 7002-7001 again this year. I bought it in 1990 in Yanbu.

I am a watch lover, and I have a few including the Seiko SKX007, always touted as a poor man’s Submariner but it’s a classic in its own right, think I paid about £90 for mine years ago and now they have been discontinued they sell for 4 or 5 times that amount.

We need a watch thread, similar to what car do you drive.

I might start one !!

pete54

GG-2562
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As usual I cannot remember who, but a member here who was a very early owner of a Grenny was stopped by a lorry driver (I think) who told him that his new IG was nothing more than a Santana and was actually made in the Santana factory in Spain.

So for all you experts on here, be told….The Grenny is just a rebadged Spanish Defender, a random lorry driver knows it for a fact !!
There was a 1976 Santana in the same campsite as I was in Glencoe, Scotland, over the past couple of days. Still looking very smart and going strong (although not much under the bonnet was original). Looked fantastic and obviously lovingly cared for. had the oldest roof tent I have ever seen on a roof rack with wooden slats, also looked good as new. First Santana I have seen in the Uk for many many years. The owner was very impressed with the Grenadier - clear Solihull/Spanish DNA!

Back
Top Bottom