The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
@jeanmercier I think the word you were searching for is “fairlead”. The smooth bit of material that the winch line touches as it goes in and out.
In the past they used to have rollers. Now they’re just considered “Hawse”Fairleads

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
The ABNTR4X4 Rock Sliders were installed today. Very low profile these sliders. From the side they look like the standard under door trim. That mostly finishes the Grenadier build, except a few minor items.

I have removed the rear diesel tanks, so you can see the XSPEC Molle better than before. They will go back on shortly. It takes roughly two minutes to remove/install each tank.

Now preparing for a remote trip to try things out, in Channel Country, Outback Queensland.

View attachment 7858962
View attachment 7858968
@wakeo

Beautiful Doc! Thanks for sharing!!!

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
Not so much what I did with, but for....

Ordered Eibach Euro-spec lift kit (the 30mm, with winch) because I noticed they're back in stock at Eibach. Part #: E30-34-001-02-22

https://eibach.com/search?q=ineos

Also, last week, I ordered the rear overhead cargo rack fold-down separator for my Bison-Gear rack and their roof mount cargo rack, since I already have their molle panels and theirs is likely the only rack that's compatible with the mounting setup.

View attachment 7858996

View attachment 7858995

WOW!!! Your IG is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score

What did you do with your Grenadier today?​

BREAKING NEWS

There has been A Release of Grenadiers sighted in the Blue Mountains :ROFLMAO:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
I succeeded in uploading two pictures, slowly.

Although I have off-road experience, I am certainly not an expert.
:rolleyes:
And it is the first time I have a winch. It is therefore the very first time I really use a winch because I needed it.

I am travelling alone, even my partner isn't with me. I make mistakes, and I learn, I am not ashamed to share my mistakes :cool:

I enjoyed my day. I never was really nervous, but yes a little bit worried. And the day ended in a nice way: met a lovely Romanian family, and are staying alone in their second residence (Small but very decent) while they went back to the village at some kilometres from here. Bit before leaving, we ate together, drunk, chatted. His English was quite OK, her English basic, but fantastic people and nice teenagers kids (3)
Put the winch into natural and attach the rope to a tree/solid object and reverse slowly.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score

And it is the first time I have a winch. It is therefore the very first time I really use a winch because I needed it.

I am travelling alone, even my partner isn't with me. I make mistakes, and I learn, I am not ashamed to share my mistakes :cool:

I enjoyed my day. I never was really nervous, but yes a little bit worried. And the day ended in a nice way: met a lovely Romanian family, and are staying alone in their second residence (Small but very decent) while they went back to the village at some kilometres from here. Bit before leaving, we ate together, drunk, chatted. His English was quite OK, her English basic, but fantastic people and nice teenagers kids (3)
That looks very sticky Jean. Well done to get out. Did you manage to engage the lockers ok while you were stuck or was it a matter of slowly trying to rotate the wheels until they did. Mine take a few rotations to engage so thinking they wont engage if I'm stuck/spinning?

Do like reading about your travels 👍

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hello @Jean Mercier , I really appreciate your reports. Especially because they are honest and authentic. And I mean my comments about your surprises completely seriously and in a positive sense. I'm sure similar things have happened to someone here, but they don't mention them. Please keep up the good work and information! All the best for you! 👍🤞

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Psignore00 ”out of the negative”. That made me laugh. I drive frequently up and down the Garden State Parkway and I could be a submariner for the amount of time I spend below sea level.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Odd thing happened to me today. Started the truck and seatbelt warning came on even though I was buckled. Figured it would go away but just kept beeping at me. I buckled the passenger side just in case but still nothing.

Ended up stopping, shutting it off then starting it back up. That cleared it.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What's the roof rack like, noise/economy etc. I'm looking at theirs as it does look quite good
I've not driven it with just the roof rack, so very hard to say.
Correct it is nicely made. I didn't spot on their website that they do extra flat panels, I would have bought more. Those panels have slots for L track fittings which will be useful.

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
Well, English is not my first language, but what is wrong with “A Gang of Grenadiers”?

I came to “A Gang of …” because

They are named after a pub

They are very thirsty sometimes

They are, each single one of them, unique and individual

They don't always behave as you would expect them to or as they intend

They are like bro’s

They help each other and others

They are strong

They are curious about what’s happening around the next corner

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
That looks very sticky Jean. Well done to get out. Did you manage to engage the lockers ok while you were stuck or was it a matter of slowly trying to rotate the wheels until they did. Mine take a few rotations to engage so thinking they wont engage if I'm stuck/spinning?

Do like reading about your travels 👍
I could engage the lockers, I certainly made the wheels rotate, but spinning.

I have new boots, very professional ones, cheap because got the factory price, the partner of my stepdaughter is engineer in the factory. Several times my leg almost went out of the 👢

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Loctite'd my big boot door opening bolt after fell off at my feet (thongs)!

Attachments

• IMG_1106.jpeg
    IMG_1106.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1107.jpeg
    IMG_1107.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 59

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I could engage the lockers, I certainly made the wheels rotate, but spinning.

I have new boots, very professional ones, cheap because got the factory price, the partner of my stepdaughter is engineer in the factory. Several times my leg almost went out of the 👢
Good to hear.

Engineer in the family is always welcome.

Back
Top Bottom