The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
Loctite'd my big boot door opening bolt after fell off at my feet (thongs)!
I notice your location is the UK, therefore it is a flip-flop, you are not in the land down under. A thong is a very small type of underwear that a female would wear.

I had better check the bolt on my door, thanks

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:25 AM
Reaction score
Well, English is not my first language, but what is wrong with “A Gang of Grenadiers”?

I came to “A Gang of …” because

They are named after a pub

They are very thirsty sometimes

They are, each single one of them, unique and individual

They don't always behave as you would expect them to or as they intend

They are like bro’s

They help each other and others

They are strong

They are curious about what’s happening around the next corner

And they make others look bad - like Wrangler, Defender, Bronco, and G-Wagon...

I LIKE IT!!!

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
Well, English is not my first language, but what is wrong with “A Gang of Grenadiers”?

I came to “A Gang of …” because

They are named after a pub

They are very thirsty sometimes

They are, each single one of them, unique and individual

They don't always behave as you would expect them to or as they intend

They are like bro’s

They help each other and others

They are strong

They are curious about what’s happening around the next corner

Unfortunately, a gang in Aussie means trouble more than pleasure, bikie and street gangs are the naughty boys and girls apparently.

I have thought the owls win with a close second in the world of birds going to a murder of crows and another runner up a gaggle of geese ;)

A group of owls is called a parliament, as they have long been considered to be of a wise disposition. In Greek mythology, the owl is the symbol for Athena, the goddess of wisdom.

What about a group of Grenadiers being called a purpose, considering that is what they are built for?

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What did I do with my Grenadier today? Drove it to Baltimore. What did @anand do to my Grenadier today…

Well we swapped out the stock speakers for new AudioFrog GS62s in the front and GS42s in the rear. Also Installed a baby under-seat Pioneer sub under the passenger seat (Ive moved my tool to under my seat) to wrap up the audio upgrades.

Also installed two Powerwerx ports - a USB A and C fast charger in the front (INT2) and an A and C charger with voltage meter in the rear.

I cannot thank Anand enough. I can turn a wrench pretty well. Electrics, not so much.

IMG_9665.jpegIMG_9668.jpegIMG_9667.jpegIMG_9669.jpeg

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I notice your location is the UK, therefore it is a flip-flop, you are not in the land down under. A thong is a very small type of underwear that a female would wear.
Well that’s a bit sexist, now. My wearing of thong underwear is strictly a comfort thing. 😐🫤🤣

Actually, in Canada, “thongs” were footwear in the 1960s, 1970s, maybe 1980s … and then the meaning switched here so that “thongs” meant minimal skimpy underwear. Which, again, I wear strictly for comfort. You’ll read nothing else into that.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Took a fundamentals class with Overland Experts in Connecticut. Being a newbie to this world of off-roading I wanted to make sure that I started with the basics. Always thought momentum/speed is your friend but now know that momentum doesn’t necessarily equate to speed. Kevin was great and learned more than I will remember…Have a couple of videos but too big to upload.

Edit: “Make sure you use the squishy rubber parts not the hard crunchy parts” Instructor Kevin.

Only four of us and I was the only Grenny. There was an FJ Cruiser, Wrangler Sport with some mods, and a 4Runner with mods. Not one of us was from CT and we were all from different states.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I put on a bison gear molle panel with 2 Jerry can mounts. I think it's rattling a bit so I'm going to put some neoprene behind the Jerry can mounts.

I also put some light blocking film on the passenger seat airbag notification. The one above the rear mirror. Much nicer!

1000000266.jpg

74CampySuperRecord

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score
I was tempted to go Bison Gear all the way for the wagon that I don’t have yet.

I have seen @IG_in_AZ ’s rig and the molle panels are top notch.

That looks awesome!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Took a fundamentals class with Overland Experts in Connecticut. Being a newbie to this world of off-roading I wanted to make sure that I started with the basics. Always thought momentum/speed is your friend but now know that momentum doesn’t necessarily equate to speed. Kevin was great and learned more than I will remember…Have a couple of videos but too big to upload.

Edit: “Make sure you use the squishy rubber parts not the hard crunchy parts” Instructor Kevin.
Kevin is an awesome instructor with a ton of knowledge; glad you had a good time and learned a lot!

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
Well that’s a bit sexist, now. My wearing of thong underwear is strictly a comfort thing. 😐🫤🤣

Actually, in Canada, “thongs” were footwear in the 1960s, 1970s, maybe 1980s … and then the meaning switched here so that “thongs” meant minimal skimpy underwear. Which, again, I wear strictly for comfort. You’ll read nothing else into that.
We see lots.of requests for pictures when information is provided on this forum, but for once I must plead with you to refrain 🤢🤮😱

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not exactly with the grenadier but for the grenadier as I prepare my new camping setup….

After approximately 20 years in service (10 of those years running 24/7) I gave my trusty Engle 45 a deep clean and washed the cover for the first time, ever.

It’s like new!

Probably the single best piece of camping equipment I own. Has never let me down.

Attachments

• IMG_1842.jpeg
    IMG_1842.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1843.jpeg
    IMG_1843.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1844.jpeg
    IMG_1844.jpeg
    595 KB · Views: 38

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
I am having a lot of fun with my car in Romania. But today I got robbed. :eek:

I am around a three country border point, Ukraine, Moldova and Romania. At a certain moment I got a bad advice (most probably unintentionally) and arrived at a dead end on the shore of a river.
And then I got robbed, not by Ukrainians or Romanians, but by Belgians. :mad:

I got a message from my telephone company that I was roaming untill my limit was reached, and the limit was 60 €, reached about 50 minutes later 🤮

I was in fact within the reach of Ukrainian cell phone network. 😱

I searched for a camping or hotel in the zone, but nothing close enough, therefore I camped somewhere at the edge of a small forest, and prepared some nice food. I hope @Logsplitter will not read this, otherwise he will again ask me if I like dog food. 🤬

20240609_201122.jpg
Now, serious subject ...

Since some days, probably since I got seriously stick in the clay, my center diff engages very easily, but it stays sometimes "engaged" ages before it disengages on my central screen, 20 minutes not being an exception. I know the explanation that it is something about calculation of wheel speeds, etc. But I think that in my case it is mechanical, because when I drive in a hole or over a bump it disengages suddenly.

Anyone with an explanation?

Attachments

• 20240609_161649.jpg
    20240609_161649.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 35

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Spent the past week up in Northumberland, staying at Lucker Hall with my wife and mother. Spent time looking at castles, second hand books, beaches, sea and seabirds. Grenadier was faultless but now is slightly overdue it's service in mileage terms, (booked for the 19th June). (The whole trip something around 500 miles, with three adults aboard).

Gren Northumbria 24 - 5.jpeg
Bamburgh from the seaward side, (on the dunes)

Gren Northumbria 24 - 4.jpeg
Bamburgh Castle from Holy Island harbour.

Gren Northumbria 24 - 3.jpeg
Lindisfarne Castle, from about the same vantage point as the previous picture.

And a Grenadier picture, just for giggles,Gren Northumbria 24 - 1.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom