The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
I put on a bison gear molle panel with 2 Jerry can mounts. I think it's rattling a bit so I'm going to put some neoprene behind the Jerry can mounts.

I also put some light blocking film on the passenger seat airbag notification. The one above the rear mirror. Much nicer!

View attachment 7859303
Totally agree on the light blocking film, that warning light, whatever it means, is really distracting on a very dark night.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
I am having a lot of fun with my car in Romania. But today I got robbed. :eek:

I am around a three country border point, Ukraine, Moldova and Romania. At a certain moment I got a bad advice (most probably unintentionally) and arrived at a dead end on the shore of a river.
And then I got robbed, not by Ukrainians or Romanians, but by Belgians. :mad:

I got a message from my telephone company that I was roaming untill my limit was reached, and the limit was 60 €, reached about 50 minutes later 🤮

I was in fact within the reach of Ukrainian cell phone network. 😱

I searched for a camping or hotel in the zone, but nothing close enough, therefore I camped somewhere at the edge of a small forest, and prepared some nice food. I hope @Logsplitter will not read this, otherwise he will again ask me if I like dog food. 🤬

View attachment 7859381
Now, serious subject ...

Since some days, probably since I got seriously stick in the clay, my center diff engages very easily, but it stays sometimes "engaged" ages before it disengages on my central screen, 20 minutes not being an exception. I know the explanation that it is something about calculation of wheel speeds, etc. But I think that in my case it is mechanical, because when I drive in a hole or over a bump it disengages suddenly.

Anyone with an explanation?
I've had this happen on my Discovery 2 on occasion and found that if you swerve left and right a bit (in a controlled manner, of course) this will release the CDL. Pretty sure it will be the same of the IG.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am having a lot of fun with my car in Romania. But today I got robbed. :eek:

I am around a three country border point, Ukraine, Moldova and Romania. At a certain moment I got a bad advice (most probably unintentionally) and arrived at a dead end on the shore of a river.
And then I got robbed, not by Ukrainians or Romanians, but by Belgians. :mad:

I got a message from my telephone company that I was roaming untill my limit was reached, and the limit was 60 €, reached about 50 minutes later 🤮

I was in fact within the reach of Ukrainian cell phone network. 😱

I searched for a camping or hotel in the zone, but nothing close enough, therefore I camped somewhere at the edge of a small forest, and prepared some nice food. I hope @Logsplitter will not read this, otherwise he will again ask me if I like dog food. 🤬

View attachment 7859381
Now, serious subject ...

Since some days, probably since I got seriously stick in the clay, my center diff engages very easily, but it stays sometimes "engaged" ages before it disengages on my central screen, 20 minutes not being an exception. I know the explanation that it is something about calculation of wheel speeds, etc. But I think that in my case it is mechanical, because when I drive in a hole or over a bump it disengages suddenly.

Anyone with an explanation?
Getting robbed is not fun - hope they did not get much or do much damage.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Stone protection for the rear glass. Not sure how much of an issue stones bouncing off the hybrid camper will be with the IG but I'm not taking any chances as I have managed to destroy the rear glass on my Nissan Patrol some years back. Have a short overhang might mean more stones are thrown backwards onto the stone guards of the camper but will find out in the next few weeks. In the meantime, some protective measures have been installed for both rear windows.

20240609_155158.jpg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
Spent the past week up in Northumberland, staying at Lucker Hall with my wife and mother. Spent time looking at castles, second hand books, beaches, sea and seabirds. Grenadier was faultless but now is slightly overdue it's service in mileage terms, (booked for the 19th June). (The whole trip something around 500 miles, with three adults aboard).

View attachment 7859384
Bamburgh from the seaward side, (on the dunes)

View attachment 7859385
Bamburgh Castle from Holy Island harbour.

View attachment 7859386
Lindisfarne Castle, from about the same vantage point as the previous picture.

And a Grenadier picture, just for giggles,View attachment 7859390
Last time I visited Holy Island was about 3 years ago in the middle of August. Full wet weather gear and a wooly hat was required! Beautiful spot and beaches round there.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Last time I visited Holy Island was about 3 years ago in the middle of August. Full wet weather gear and a wooly hat was required! Beautiful spot and beaches round there.
Weather can be a little problematic in the North East; you never know if you need oilskins and big woollies or swimwear and sun cream! We were mostly lucky with the weather, but there was a consistent cold wind. All of us are showing a little sun exposure. Typical for early June!

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
On X. Best $35 a year I spend to find Offroad trails.
I guessing this is US only app not at least seeing it available in the Apple AppStore in my account.

Any idea if the app provides any European coverage?

Local time
Reaction score
Rather then replace the Transfer Cable bracket in its entirety (I also had an issue early on where the transfer case lever was hard to engage and having looked underneath the rubber grommet had dislodged from the Ineos installed bracket) decided to prototype a plate that can be added to the existing bracket.

This one simply comes over the top of the cables and will hold them in place. At least that is the plan when I make the final plate out of stainless or aluminium. The images show a laser cut piece of 1.6mm timber ply and fits very snugly inside the inner diameter of the rubber grommet and sits flush with the wall of the Ineos bracket. One prototype shows only one hole for bolting purposes (maybe even a rivet) and the other shows 2 holes with slightly longer adaptor plate "legs" as I was trying to determine the best location for the hole to be drilled in to the Ineos bracket.

I figure with a small offcut of stainless or aluminium the cost would be less than a few dollars and some time with a drill etc as the plate size is approx 65mm x 28/30mm.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a metal laser cutter only one that does plastics/polymers and timber.

Will post some details of the metal plate adaptor when I have time to get stuck in to working with some metal.

Happy to share the .dwg file or an .ai, adobe illustrator file for those that may want to take this further. Could try 3D printing one as well but.....

Attachments

• IMG_8637.jpeg
    IMG_8637.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8636.jpeg
    IMG_8636.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8635.jpeg
    IMG_8635.jpeg
    785.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8634.jpeg
    IMG_8634.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8633.jpeg
    IMG_8633.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
Rather then replace the Transfer Cable bracket in its entirety (I also had an issue early on where the transfer case lever was hard to engage and having looked underneath the rubber grommet had dislodged from the Ineos installed bracket) decided to prototype a plate that can be added to the existing bracket.

This one simply comes over the top of the cables and will hold them in place. At least that is the plan when I make the final plate out of stainless or aluminium. The images show a laser cut piece of 1.6mm timber ply and fits very snugly inside the inner diameter of the rubber grommet and sits flush with the wall of the Ineos bracket. One prototype shows only one hole for bolting purposes (maybe even a rivet) and the other shows 2 holes with slightly longer adaptor plate "legs" as I was trying to determine the best location for the hole to be drilled in to the Ineos bracket.

I figure with a small offcut of stainless or aluminium the cost would be less than a few dollars and some time with a drill etc as the plate size is approx 65mm x 28/30mm.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a metal laser cutter only one that does plastics/polymers and timber.

Will post some details of the metal plate adaptor when I have time to get stuck in to working with some metal.

Happy to share the .dwg file or an .ai, adobe illustrator file for those that may want to take this further. Could try 3D printing one as well but.....
Well done @wakeo ! If you could upload in the resources and/or share the .dwg or .stp by PN, I will try to print in 3D and share here the result.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Took a fundamentals class with Overland Experts in Connecticut. Being a newbie to this world of off-roading I wanted to make sure that I started with the basics. Always thought momentum/speed is your friend but now know that momentum doesn’t necessarily equate to speed. Kevin was great and learned more than I will remember…Have a couple of videos but too big to upload.

Edit: “Make sure you use the squishy rubber parts not the hard crunchy parts” Instructor Kevin.

Only four of us and I was the only Grenny. There was an FJ Cruiser, Wrangler Sport with some mods, and a 4Runner with mods. Not one of us was from CT and we were all from different states.
I'm schedule for a weekend class down in NC in November - can't wait! Went on a small trek this weekend (being a true novice newbie too) with a group - it was considered to a "moderately challenging" trek - good people put me in the rear with a watcher behind me. I made it through, no significant damage but there were moments of 😬🤔😮☺️. Looking forward to many more and being more knowledgeable!

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Cascade. I keep my sailboat at Tamarack Resort on a mooring. Been a couple years since I've gone to Redfish with the boat in tow, but it may be time soon. Was way too early in the season for that, though.
Yeah Stanley being close to 7,000 takes a min to thaw out. Right on! I miss that part of the world 🤘

Local time
Reaction score
Well done @wakeo ! If you could upload in the resources and/or share the .dwg or .stp by PN, I will try to print in 3D and share here the result.
Can upload both (if I can figure out how to again!). Tried attaching the 2 files but for some reason they are "greyed out: and I' unable to upload, I must be missing something here?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
Ran INT1 up behind the driver side upper dash trim. Mounted a DTP there for easier access.
IMG_9815.jpeg
Then I ran a wire down to the center trim pieces and hooked up a couple USB ports on either side of the center tunnel.
IMG_9817.jpeg
Finally, repositioned my Midland radio under the passenger seat and kept it on INT2. That one also got routed up to the dash trim for easier access. Still need to reinstall the passenger trims because I spent the rest of the evening playing with the Owl dash mount and the various attachments trying to find what I want to go where. Pics of that later once I decide.

Back
Top Bottom