The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:05 AM
Reaction score
My rear Worklight mount arrived. I have never owned a low profile rack like the Rhino and could not find a mount that positioned the light to my liking. So I’ll bend my own from 2x12-inch 3/16 stainless.

IMG_6404.jpeg

Hardware kit en route as well.

IMG_6405.jpeg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
Temperature rose to 15°C and it was sunny till about 2PM.

Therefore I finally did stick my Global Grenadier medallion on my car (as the adhesive should not be sticked at too low or too high temperatures).
Washed only the part where I wanted it glued + supplementary cleaning with alcohol.

20240309_123345.jpg

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For whatever reason the trialmaster has just a dummy instead of a tie-down ring in the upper part of the boot….. where other models do have a tie-down ring.
Why? I do not have a clue…. Must be a clever marketing thing by Ineos….

Anyway, I did have two spare and installed them after modifying the dummy. I like to have enough lashing points…. 😂😂
IMG_3250.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3249.jpeg
    IMG_3249.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3248.jpeg
    IMG_3248.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 66

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For whatever reason the trialmaster has just a dummy instead of a tie-down ring in the upper part of the boot….. where other models do have a tie-down ring.
Why? I do not have a clue…. Must be a clever marketing thing by Ineos….

Anyway, I did have two spare and installed them after modifying the dummy. I like to have enough lashing points…. 😂😂
View attachment 7847340
Where did you find these? I am already a lot of months searching the internet for these! :unsure:

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Temperature rose to 15°C and it was sunny till about 2PM.

Therefore I finally did stick my Global Grenadier medallion on my car (as the adhesive should not be sticked at too low or too high temperatures).
Washed only the part where I wanted it glued + supplementary cleaning with alcohol.

View attachment 7847307
Looks good at that spot 👍🏻
Where did you find these? I am already a lot of months searching the internet for these! :unsure:
I had the two spare tie-down rings after the installation of the freight grid in the boot.

grenexplorer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Didn't exactly do this today....but earlier this week. Took delivery. Trialmaster with most options except the winch. So far so good. I was mentally prepared to work through all the warning lights and leaks but nothing yet. As others have said, the ac/heat is a bit finnicky but eventually does what I want.

Attachments

• IMG_6420.jpg
    IMG_6420.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got my first windshield crack/chip from a rock on the highway. Kicked up by an F150 Lightning in front of me who was driving slow in the left lane. Pulled into the middle lane to pass him since he wouldn’t get over…he sped up as i was passing him but it did no good as the middle lane was wide open for a good 1/2 mile.

Will be going on Monday to get it filled.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score
Shit, doesn't help me 🤬 ;):ROFLMAO:
Could ask around to the dealers. Initially when. I got my car which had the cargo barrier installed, they removed them and held onto them. Only when I asked about them they knew they had them. So at someone else's expense you may score some haha

Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
With the new cargo barrier I installed the inverter that connects to my lithium portable Kickass battery box.
I've put a 120Amp circuit breaker in the circuit as it connects to the unfused 600Amp capable jump start Anderson socket (for the previous AGM , obviously not jump starting with the lithium now). But the box has 50A circuit breakers and we want to run an induction cooker on windy days when gas is sketchy or we're just lazy.
And yes , it's been tested , no wires get hot and the breaker works as intended!
The lithium gets it's juice from the alternator or solar.
View attachment 7847283
That's a good mounting position for the inverter, out in the open with easy access. (y)

A cautionary tale to why I no longer will fit an inverter in a concealed or hidden away. I had a well known green 1000W inverter develop an internal fault and when I powered it there was a bunch of sparks and smoke and the inverter continued to do this until I disconnected the power supply. This was on a trip in a remote area of the Northern Territory. The inverter may of suffered from vibration or had a good knock, I don't know.
I have always fitted high current devices into a vehicle with a quick very accessible disconnect device like an Anderson plug or isolator switch, and in this case it was a cable with an Anderson plug, this is what prevented any other damage to the vehicle. The one thing people forget about with inverters is that the 12V DC supply fuse needs to be a high enough current rating to allow the inverter to be useful however if there is an electrical fault internally on the DC side this fault may not draw enough current to cause the fuse to fail but will continue to draw enough current to destroy other components or generate enough heat to cause a fire.
Have a look at an inverter instruction manual and most will not give a maximum input DC current draw and fuse size and are very vague on bonding/grounding earth leakage.
I am not an electrical circuit board engineer or a 240v electrician but I have added a few photos of the insides of the failed inverter
Inverter 1.jpgInverter 2.jpg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That's a good mounting position for the inverter, out in the open with easy access. (y)

A cautionary tale to why I no longer will fit an inverter in a concealed or hidden away. I had a well known green 1000W inverter develop an internal fault and when I powered it there was a bunch of sparks and smoke and the inverter continued to do this until I disconnected the power supply. This was on a trip in a remote area of the Northern Territory. The inverter may of suffered from vibration or had a good knock, I don't know.
I have always fitted high current devices into a vehicle with a quick very accessible disconnect device like an Anderson plug or isolator switch, and in this case it was a cable with an Anderson plug, this is what prevented any other damage to the vehicle. The one thing people forget about with inverters is that the 12V DC supply fuse needs to be a high enough current rating to allow the inverter to be useful however if there is an electrical fault internally on the DC side this fault may not draw enough current to cause the fuse to fail but will continue to draw enough current to destroy other components or generate enough heat to cause a fire.
Your points are well made.
I will only connect the inverter to 12v when parked up , under my supervision .
And I have the circuit breaker switch easily accessible next to the portable battery box connection.
Nothing hidden under seats or behind panels.
An RCD device between the inverter output and the device.
And always fire extinguishers easily grabbed and fully charged!

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Now over 17,000 miles on the odometer and around 4000 to my next service.

Used the Grenadier to take my mower and recycling bin to my Mother-In -Laws to cut her lawns. Everything just fits.

View attachment Gren green bin - 1 (2).jpeg

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Finished an extended drive and stay on the beaches and sand tracks of K’gari (Fraser Island).

Drove up the beach from Noosa along Rainbow Beach to Inskip Point, then over on the vehicle ferry, and up 75 mile beach. Banked a good 400 km on beach and sand track driving. Exited days later on the vehicle ferry out of Kingfisher Bay area (didn’t stay at Kingfisher).

Vehicle went well. Felt like carpet floating over the tracks. You can feel the weight of the vehicle on the soft sand though, with it being a little sluggish in responding (I went 22 psi for a mix of soft and hard sand, and it worked well for me). More precise steering would be nice, especially if the ‘dead zone’ steering in the centre could be reduced (suits my driving style).

Luv the diesel engine on power. On the RHD with the window down the turbo induction is a sweet note and sooo good when giving it some repeated juice in tricky spots!

IMG_1401.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1396.jpeg
    IMG_1396.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Funny thing happened today. I was on my way home after visiting w/my mom and on the highway. Was cruising in the left lane passing a few vehicles. I saw a new Defender 110 just up ahead. I passed them and moved to the middle lane as a few vehicles were catching up to me. The Defender picked up speed then slowly passed me. As they passed I noticed that a young woman was recording my Grenadier with her phone.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:05 PM
Reaction score
Just hanging out with the family. The best way to use a grenadier.

Attachments

• A1EC5166-7D5B-4BD8-8642-BAFCE62AF53F.jpeg
    A1EC5166-7D5B-4BD8-8642-BAFCE62AF53F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
  • 19024FCF-0657-4B2F-A5BE-A2514D2CD056.jpeg
    19024FCF-0657-4B2F-A5BE-A2514D2CD056.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 60
  • 54D51BE0-BD1A-4A9C-AD30-F6DED8DCEB10.jpeg
    54D51BE0-BD1A-4A9C-AD30-F6DED8DCEB10.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 88

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
New projecta dual battery monitor. Let's me monitor main battery without ignition on and navigating menus. Also there for my 2nd battery which just powers fridge and some little lights to come in rear cargo area. But very happy with my table and the rest now.

Attachments

• PXL_20240311_015137071~2.jpg
    PXL_20240311_015137071~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
  • PXL_20240311_015157607~2.jpg
    PXL_20240311_015157607~2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom