The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
The IG has a 12 year warranty for corrosion, this product (CAT EPS) has a 10 year warranty. They have been proven not to work. I hope yours does. :)
It has a 12 years anti perforation warranty for corrosion with conditions, including "This warranty requires that the vehicle is inspected, and repaired, if necessary, by an authorised INEOS Automotive Approved Workshop. Inspection and repair is required annually after the warranty start date.", look here.

Happy to look at your evidence that CAT does not work. CAT post evidence to state it does and they have clients like mining companies, Aust Army, Navy etc . I am not asking anyone to buy the product, I just decided to give it a try because rust was becoming an issue on the Patrol.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:23 PM
Reaction score
Anyone found a solution to keep those gnawing rodents out of the engine bay? Found a few mice footprints on the engine cover........

Reactions: Max

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone found a solution to keep those gnawing rodents out of the engine bay? Found a few mice footprints on the engine cover........
Cat on a short leash? Eventually it will get hungry.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
It has a 12 years anti perforation warranty for corrosion with conditions, including "This warranty requires that the vehicle is inspected, and repaired, if necessary, by an authorised INEOS Automotive Approved Workshop. Inspection and repair is required annually after the warranty start date.", look here.

Happy to look at your evidence that CAT does not work. CAT post evidence to state it does and they have clients like mining companies, Aust Army, Navy etc . I am not asking anyone to buy the product, I just decided to give it a try because rust was becoming an issue on the Patrol.
If you're happy then that's fine. But I'm sceptical about these types of products.
If it was as good as they say it is it would be on every beach going vehicle in Australia and vehicle manufacturers would be lording their effectiveness.
I know it's developed from the marine industry for ships, but the reason it works well in that application is that the hull is immersed in salt water. There is also evidence that states it needs to be earthed (properly) on a vehicle which is not possible.
The warranty on these systems also states it needs yearly inspection at an authorised dealer. No product is without caveats.
As I said before, if your happy that's all that matters 😊👍🏼

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I put rat poison in my vehicles at night because of that very problem. In the Grenadier I've discovered I don't need to remove it in the morning. I have a washing machine liquid dispenser half full of poison that wedges nicely between the radiator head and the body work.
I have in my wife's car 🚗 a soft cuddly toy placed on the dashboard to remind me to remove the rat 🐀 poison before we use that car.
They go for the foam wiring protection, apparently soya is used in its production and mice love it. The insulation is stripped for there nests.
Years of living in the country, the thought of a canbus wiring being chewed doesn't bear thinking about

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:23 AM
Reaction score
A mate has found that they are climbing up the tyres to gain entry...he puts baits around tyres on the floor and is having success...good luck

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The next job has been booked and the deposit paid. The job includes:
  1. Install Redarc Tow Pro;
  2. Convert 13 pin Euro plug to 12 pin flat used in Australia, with new wiring loom for the 12 pin plug;
  3. Install two Anderson plugs to rear towbar, one for the trailer the other for extra solar;
  4. Install two Anderson plugs at the front and rear inside the car, for the fridge and other accessories;
  5. Install CTEK 250SE;
  6. Install Anderson plug from roof top solar panel down the B pillar to the CTEK 250SE's solar inputs;
  7. Supply and install CLEVERSHADE 270-degree awning.
I have booked XHQ on the Gold Coast to do the work. I am now preparing to go to Ballina to visit family and visit XHQ during that trip. The first shake down trip in the car.

The Anderson plug to the rear jack location will be plugged into this panel. I will move the existing rear fridge socket into the panel when installing it (replacing the unwired socket you see in the image). That way I have two separate circuits supplying power to the panel. The panel will be installed into the drawers surrounds or the plastic Jack cover, depending on the height of the surrounds. The Anderson plug allows me to remove the jack if I need it:
IMG_8850.jpgIMG_8851.jpg

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The next job has been booked and the deposit paid. The job includes:
  1. Install Redarc Tow Pro;
  2. Convert 13 pin Euro plug to 12 pin flat used in Australia, with new wiring loom for the 12 pin plug;
  3. Install two Anderson plugs to rear towbar, one for the trailer the other for extra solar;
  4. Install two Anderson plugs at the front and rear inside the car, for the fridge and other accessories;
  5. Install CTEK 250SE;
  6. Install Anderson plug from roof top solar panel down the B pillar to the CTEK 250SE's solar inputs;
  7. Supply and install CLEVERSHADE 270-degree awning.
I have booked XHQ on the Gold Coast to do the work. I am now preparing to go to Ballina to visit family and visit XHQ during that trip. The first shake down trip in the car.

The Anderson plug to the rear jack location will be plugged into this panel. I will move the existing rear fridge socket into the panel when installing it (replacing the unwired socket you see in the image). That way I have two separate circuits supplying power to the panel. The panel will be installed into the drawers surrounds or the plastic Jack cover, depending on the height of the surrounds. The Anderson plug allows me to remove the jack if I need it:
View attachment 7846138View attachment 7846139
Enjoy the trip!(y)

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:23 AM
Reaction score
I installed a phone mount in my truck. I ordered the mount system from 67 Designs.

This is what came in the box:
PXL_20240227_233232091.jpg
And on the inside:
PXL_20240227_233543066.jpg

There are holes for three screws to attach the mount base along with double sided tape. I pre-drilled two of the holes, but my drill would not allow clearance to the wind screen for drilling the third hole. So, I only used two of the screws. Seems very solid.

Front (driver) view:
PXL_20240301_181859317.jpg

Side View:
PXL_20240301_181929754.jpg

Works great. The second mount allows for the installation of a dashcam.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Registered the new van yesterday evening and today we are doing a shakedown trip, now at a foreshore camp about 50km south of home. We've intuitively worked out how it all works , had dinner and now relaxing on a queen size bed to the sound of the D'Entrecasteux channel lapping a few metres away.
Admiral Bruni D'Entrecasteux discovered the channel leading around Bruny Island opposite in 1792.
He didn't think to claim unclaimed Tasmania for France. A few years later the British did.
1000015712.jpg1000015720.jpg

Back
Top Bottom