The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
2,200km Melbourne to Brisbane over 4 days using mainly secondary backroads where ever possible. Only saw one other grenny during the trip (MM), near Molesworth in Victoria.

I did find a sign along the way that gave me the perfect name for my grenadier which has many characteristics in common I think.

IMG_5525.jpeg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:07 PM
Reaction score
2,200km Melbourne to Brisbane over 4 days using mainly secondary backroads where ever possible. Only saw one other grenny during the trip (MM), near Molesworth in Victoria.

I did find a sign along the way that gave me the perfect name for my grenadier which has many characteristics in common I think.

View attachment 7847569
Love the name, It's Perfect.
DaBull

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:07 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7847569
Naked or hairy nosed one? :unsure:

Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7847569
Wombats.jpg

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Love the name, It's Perfect.
DaBull

Yep, he’s not fast and he’s not sexy, but he’s cute and tough as, and nothing stops him. As you say, perfect.

My wife wondered why on earth I bought it after 30 years of toyotas. It’s ugly she said.

But after four days driving between 6 and 10 hours each day in the saddle, her biggest complement was how comfortable it was, and whilst both of us have crook backs we felt great at the end of each days drive. As far as she’s concerned it’s still a truck, but she doesn’t hate it, and she never liked my lifted 200 landcruiser. Time will tell I suppose.

Hey it might be ugly, but it has personality. A bit like it’s owner. 😉🤪🤪

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Finally did something and took photos the same day!

I finally added my Bison-Gear NATO fuel can carriers and Wavian cans to my molle side panels. Tomorrow, I will complete the build with a Bison-Gear overhead rear cargo shelf.

If anyone is on the fence, considering Bison-Gear, I'm very pleased with both the ease of installation and the quality.

1000009164.jpg

1000009165.jpg

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi IG, this looks fantastic, the red simply suits the MM best 🤩. i have ordered the Bison Gear overhead rear cargo shelf and am waiting impatiently for it to arrive.

OverlandGearGuy

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
10:07 PM
Reaction score
DaBull and his wife, Debbie Took Delivery today, March 7, 2024

March 7, 2024 What an amazing sunny day or so we thought. We took delivery of DaBull, our new Shale Blue Trialmaster Grenadier, and also had our first adventure. We arrived at Rusnak Ineos Grenadier in Pasadena at 10:30 thanks to our friends, Suzette and Freddie, who drove us down from Silver Strand Beach to Pasadena.

A special note of thanks to our sales consultant, Javier Chacon, who always kept in communication with us and came in on his day off to hand off the Grenadier. We would also like to thank Quincy Armstrong, Barby Mates, Trevor Weigel, Varawut Sangthonekum and the rest of staff at Rusnak Ineos Grenadier for their help and assistance. The hand off and test drive was great and went smooth.

As we drove off to meet family to celebrate, we connected up Apple Car Play and were soon listening to our favorite surf music from Honk, who did the sound tract for the surf movie 5 Summer Stories. We all met at Don Cuco Mexican Food Restaurant in Burbank for an incredible lunch.

After lunch, we started towards home and saw the sky start to turn black. Our phones started warning of flash floods and imminent danger. We were caught in a El Nino onslaught of torrential rain, lightening and thunder, all of which we experienced through the overhead safari windows. Soon, portions of the streets were flooded in 1’ deep water. The noise of rain was deafening, reminding me of the monsoon rains at Subic Bay in the Philippines. We soon realized DaBull was being christened and we were on our first adventure. We felt secure in the storm knowing we were in a Grenadier. Soon the dark clouds opened to sunny skies as we finished our drive back home.

It was an amazing eventful day that ended with the Grenadier boot wash at the end of the day, as the Grenadier decided to christened us too. DaBull & DebbieView attachment 7847176View attachment 7847177View attachment 7847178View attachment 7847179

I also posted a link to it in my build;
Here's a link to our Delivery and Adventure.
DaBull

Congratulations

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
3800kg GVM upgrade from SLRV Gold Coast using Eibach springs/35mm lift
Rear side brackets from SLRV (solid plate 5mm rather than frame = less nuts n bolts to come loose)
Pantry also from SLRV
x4 maxtrax and Kaon maxtrax mount - can fully open rear door.
Loaded for touring and 2 occupants vehicle came it at 3360kg. With van on hitch 3630kg. GCM 6460kg so some kg's to spare.

pantry2.jpg

pantry1.jpg

maxtrax1.jpg

slrv kaon maxtrax.jpg

slrv side bracket.jpg

Attachments

• maxtrax2.jpg
    maxtrax2.jpg
    718.9 KB · Views: 26

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Rear side brackets from SLRV (solid plate 5mm rather than frame = less nuts n bolts to come loose)
Pantry also from SLRV
Loaded for touring and 2 occupants vehicle came it at 3360kg. With van on hitch 3630kg. GCM 6460kg so some kg's to spare.

View attachment 7848233
View attachment 7848234
View attachment 7848235
View attachment 7848237
View attachment 7848238
How did the ride change with the lift and GVM upgrade?

I am booked in next Wednesday at XHQ. Mainly electrical work.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pantry also from SLRV

View attachment 7848233
View attachment 7848234
View attachment 7848235
View attachment 7848237
View attachment 7848238
Well that stuff looks really nice. Have to find out if the have a dealer for Germany

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How did the ride change with the lift and GVM upgrade?

I am booked in next Wednesday at XHQ. Mainly electrical work.
No change in ride noticeable. Certainly nothing negative. I had expected it to be a little stiff but it’s not and rides well. Came from an LC100 with constant 400kg rear springs and although this towed very well was way too stiff for corrugations without the van hitched. Heading off for 4 or 5k trip with van next week and will see how it compares with the standard set up I had - red front and rear. Quality of components from SLRV is very good indeed.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:07 AM
Reaction score
I did up my second row leather grab straps. Worked like a charm - brilliant idea and thanks for the shared file for the printable plugs. I used 1-1/4 length countersunk hex-drive bolts and put washers on each side to (maybe) help support the leather when pulled. Did not take photos since they've been posted many times - however will do if anyone wants a look.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did up my second row leather grab straps. Worked like a charm - brilliant idea and thanks for the shared file for the printable plugs. I used 1-1/4 length countersunk hex-drive bolts and put washers on each side to (maybe) help support the leather when pulled. Did not take photos since they've been posted many times - however will do if anyone wants a look.
Hi Krabby, Lets see some photos both in the car and out of the car. I need to get some of these made up. DaBull

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well that stuff looks really nice. Have to find out if the have a dealer for Germany
I'm sure they can get these to you. It's the same group as Expedition HQ who got me the bullbar in the US. Great team.

Back
Top Bottom