The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
Hit some country roads during the heavy rain yesterday. Sort of a random route along the Delaware River that we were always fond of driving our ‘96 D1 during inclement weather. Next hit some local State Park two-track and ran through all the diff locks. There wasn’t any difficulty engaging center/front/rear, and the t-case shifting is much smoother than my D1 or RRC. Great drive…

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I power washed about 100 pounds of Pocono Mountain mud from under neath. Then tidied up the exterior.

I added some decorations. A few decals, my club badge, and one to rep my Alma mater.

IMG_9327.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9326.jpeg
    IMG_9326.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9325.jpeg
    IMG_9325.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 92

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Collected 8 bags if carpet tile chipped waste to top up the riding arena.
Are the carpet pieces not contaminated with harmful substances? I only mean because you use them for the riding arena.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
Are the carpet pieces not contaminated with harmful substances? I only mean because you use them for the riding arena.
No they are polypropylene heavy duty carpet tiles used for commercial offices world wide the offcuts are cut up into 1" square. Most of the outdoor riding arenas in this part of Scotland (and nationally) use them on deep bed silica sand. When we built the arena it was free including the 1cu m dumpy bags, but then the Americans took over the company, now they charge £5 per bag to offset the cost of the dumpy bag and fork lift loading and admin.

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No they are polypropylene heavy duty carpet tiles used for commercial offices world wide the offcuts are cut up into 1" square. Most of the outdoor riding arenas in this part of Scotland (and nationally) use them on deep bed silica sand. When we built the arena it was free including the 1cu m dumpy bags, but then the Americans took over the company, now they charge £5 per bag to offset the cost of the dumpy bag and fork lift loading and admin.
Ok, thanks for the information. We often use wood chips here.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
Today I discovered that the Grenadier fits on my Hook Loader. This has and will save me loads of time.

Attachments

• IMG_5072.jpeg
    IMG_5072.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5071.jpeg
    IMG_5071.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5070.jpeg
    IMG_5070.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 94

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
In anticipation of the imminent deliveries, what did you do with your Grenadier this weekend?

Tell the community and share the love, and pictures, lots of pictures.

This thread will remain locked until the first member tells me they have taken delivery.

DaBull and his wife, Debbie Took Delivery today, March 7, 2024

March 7, 2024 What an amazing sunny day or so we thought. We took delivery of DaBull, our new Shale Blue Trialmaster Grenadier, and also had our first adventure. We arrived at Rusnak Ineos Grenadier in Pasadena at 10:30 thanks to our friends, Suzette and Freddie, who drove us down from Silver Strand Beach to Pasadena.

A special note of thanks to our sales consultant, Javier Chacon, who always kept in communication with us and came in on his day off to hand off the Grenadier. We would also like to thank Quincy Armstrong, Barby Mates, Trevor Weigel, Varawut Sangthonekum and the rest of staff at Rusnak Ineos Grenadier for their help and assistance. The hand off and test drive was great and went smooth.

As we drove off to meet family to celebrate, we connected up Apple Car Play and were soon listening to our favorite surf music from Honk, who did the sound tract for the surf movie 5 Summer Stories. We all met at Don Cuco Mexican Food Restaurant in Burbank for an incredible lunch.

After lunch, we started towards home and saw the sky start to turn black. Our phones started warning of flash floods and imminent danger. We were caught in a El Nino onslaught of torrential rain, lightening and thunder, all of which we experienced through the overhead safari windows. Soon, portions of the streets were flooded in 1’ deep water. The noise of rain was deafening, reminding me of the monsoon rains at Subic Bay in the Philippines. We soon realized DaBull was being christened and we were on our first adventure. We felt secure in the storm knowing we were in a Grenadier. Soon the dark clouds opened to sunny skies as we finished our drive back home.

It was an amazing eventful day that ended with the Grenadier boot wash at the end of the day, as the Grenadier decided to christened us too. DaBull & DebbieDaBull and Debbie.jpegSuzette and Freddie.jpegDaBull.jpegHonk - 5 Summer Stories.jpeg

I also posted a link to it in my build;
Here's a link to our Delivery and Adventure.
DaBull

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

March 7, 2024 What an amazing sunny day or so we thought. We took delivery of DaBull, our new Shale Blue Trialmaster Grenadier, and also had our first adventure. We arrived at Rusnak Ineos Grenadier in Pasadena at 10:30 thanks to our friends, Suzette and Freddie, who drove us down from Silver Strand Beach to Pasadena.

A special note of thanks to our sales consultant, Javier Chacon, who always kept in communication with us and came in on his day off to hand off the Grenadier. We would also like to thank Quincy Armstrong, Barby Mates, Trevor Weigel, Varawut Sangthonekum and the rest of staff at Rusnak Ineos Grenadier for their help and assistance. The hand off and test drive was great and went smooth.

As we drove off to meet family to celebrate, we connected up Apple Car Play and were soon listening to our favorite surf music from Honk, who did the sound tract for the surf movie 5 Summer Stories. We all met at Don Cuco Mexican Food Restaurant in Burbank for an incredible lunch.

After lunch, we started towards home and saw the sky start to turn black. Our phones started warning of flash floods and imminent danger. We were caught in a El Nino onslaught of torrential rain, lightening and thunder, all of which we experienced through the overhead safari windows. Soon, portions of the streets were flooded in 1’ deep water. The noise of rain was deafening, reminding me of the monsoon rains at Subic Bay in the Philippines. We soon realized DaBull was being christened and we were on our first adventure. We felt secure in the storm knowing we were in a Grenadier. Soon the dark clouds opened to sunny skies as we finished our drive back home.

It was an amazing eventful day that ended with the Grenadier boot wash at the end of the day, as the Grenadier decided to christened us too. DaBull & DebbieView attachment 7847176View attachment 7847177View attachment 7847178View attachment 7847179

DaBull
Hi DaBull , I'm happy for you. Especially that everything went well and that you are satisfied.

Reactions: PBD

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
Did the 500km round trip to the agent.
En route at hwy speed a large piece of gravel came off the top of a loaded double B truck about 50m ahead and whacked into the Gren...we thought the windscreen must be cracked but no - nothing. I checked later and can't see any external damage. Literally dodged a bullet.
The agent had Gimli from 9.30 until 5pm
1. Installed the cargo barrier (it has no lock)
2. The spare wheel box (no lock...) mistakenly left off the original order
3. Oil & filter @¬6000km
4. Software update - yay , now everything works (previously no compass, attitude screen , android auto - microphone didn't work - now I can actually communicate with outsiders)
5. Still to sort : Main odometer not showing (requires hooking up to Ineos mainframe) , fuel gauge calibration unchanged, steering wheel still 6 degrees off centre

I can no longer find the "software version" on the screen

We were given a loaner - a diesel Scotish white SW - much noiser than our petrol TM.
Did a 5km loop up a local gorge and checked out the old hydro power station (decommissioned in 1955)
Lovely smooth evening drive home.
The Grenadier is brilliant and we both love it to bits :love:
A shout out to the guys at the service dept who worked hard to get it all done and now better than before.

20240308_112517.jpg20240308_112037.jpg

Attachments

• 20240308_115843.jpg
    20240308_115843.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score

It was an amazing eventful day that ended with the Grenadier boot wash at the end of the day, as the Grenadier decided to christened us too. DaBull & DebbieView attachment 7847176View attachment 7847177View attachment 7847178View attachment 7847179

DaBull
Wow, they rolled out the red carpet. I got a “you know more about this car than we do, here’s the winch controller, speak soon.” All in the rain. I did get to stand under a Bentley umbrella for a moment though, so I felt somewhat posh ;) congratulations DaBull

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Did the 500km round trip to the agent.
En route at hwy speed a large piece of gravel came off the top of a loaded double B truck about 50m ahead and whacked into the Gren...we thought the windscreen must be cracked but no - nothing. I checked later and can't see any external damage. Literally dodged a bullet.
The agent had Gimli from 9.30 until 5pm
1. Installed the cargo barrier (it has no lock)
2. The spare wheel box (no lock...) mistakenly left off the original order
3. Oil & filter @¬6000km
4. Software update - yay , now everything works (previously no compass, attitude screen , android auto - microphone didn't work - now I can actually communicate with outsiders)
5. Still to sort : Main odometer not showing (requires hooking up to Ineos mainframe) , fuel gauge calibration unchanged, steering wheel still 6 degrees off centre

I can no longer find the "software version" on the screen

We were given a loaner - a diesel Scotish white SW - much noiser than our petrol TM.
Did a 5km loop up a local gorge and checked out the old hydro power station (decommissioned in 1955)
Lovely smooth evening drive home.
The Grenadier is brilliant and we both love it to bits :love:
A shout out to the guys at the service dept who worked hard to get it all done and now better than before.

View attachment 7847187View attachment 7847185

The software update makes a big difference. 🙂

Re the steering wheel being off centre … My agent fixed this for me, and I’m much happier now, so it would be worth asking again next time you're there.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Re the steering wheel being off centre … My agent fixed this for me, and I’m much happier now, so it would be worth asking again next time you're there.
SImple alignment?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I’m not sure what they did to fix it. The job card just says “Carried out wheel alignment adjustment”.
Sounds like simple alignment. Centre the wheels then adjust toe angle.
And be damned what the screen says!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
With the new cargo barrier I installed the inverter that connects to my lithium portable Kickass battery box.
I've put a 120Amp circuit breaker in the circuit as it connects to the unfused 600Amp capable jump start Anderson socket (for the previous AGM , obviously not jump starting with the lithium now). But the box has 50A circuit breakers and we want to run an induction cooker on windy days when gas is sketchy or we're just lazy.
And yes , it's been tested , no wires get hot and the breaker works as intended!
The lithium gets it's juice from the alternator or solar.
20240309_183921.jpg

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My rear Worklight mount arrived. I have never owned a low profile rack like the Rhino and could not find a mount that positioned the light to my liking. So I’ll bend my own from 2x12-inch 3/16 stainless.

IMG_6404.jpeg

Hardware kit en route as well.

IMG_6405.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom