The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
seems par for the course.... our regular postie was saying last week that they (Qld Aus. Post) are desperately short staffed and he's been taking extra shifts while he can before Uni begins late Feb. (he's a part time law student!!)
Finally Global Grenadier medallions arrived yesterday - 9 days US to Brisbane - 18 days for the last 50 odd kms! Apparently they had a trip to Darwin in the meantime. 🤬🤮

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:58 PM
Reaction score
Finally Global Grenadier medallions arrived yesterday - 9 days US to Brisbane - 18 days for the last 50 odd kms! Apparently they had a trip to Darwin in the meantime. 🤬🤮
Hopefully the medallions didn’t make you barf?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score
Hopefully the medallions didn’t make you barf?
Hi Krabby, Are these the original ones or the ones that have been painted or enameled or the ones to fit where the compass goes? I have 2 of the original ones. If these are the painted or enameled ones, I will take one.
Thanks, DaBull

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Krabby, Are these the original ones or the ones that have been painted or enameled or the ones to fit where the compass goes? I have 2 of the original ones. If these are the painted or enameled ones, I will take one.
Thanks, DaBull
Still the original all metal engraved one. We're waiting on a sample of the painted ones before moving forward. There's a bit of a greater upfront cost on those and we need to make sure they're perfect before we can sell them.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
new toys:
- viton OR ø 41x2,78 and ø 40,95x2,62 for oil steering reservoir. the original NBR ø42x2 oozes
- selfmade kit for axles breathers with ø 8mm polyurethane tube

Attachments

• tempImagexkhhiI.jpg
    tempImagexkhhiI.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I dug out the INT1 wires which were taped so far down I had to remove the dead pedal. Had the dash half open at that point anyway so I cleaned up the Wolfbox wiring.
IMG_9199.jpeg
At the end I had an extra screw. Can't figure out where it went. Big guy like the one holding the bonnet lever. Will be opening it up at some point again to wire something in, so I'll save the exploration for another day.

IMG_9200.jpeg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
I dug out the INT1 wires which were taped so far down I had to remove the dead pedal. Had the dash half open at that point anyway so I cleaned up the Wolfbox wiring.
View attachment 7843372
At the end I had an extra screw. Can't figure out where it went. Big guy like the one holding the bonnet lever. Will be opening it up at some point again to wire something in, so I'll save the exploration for another day.

View attachment 7843371
Yes, there is one screw behind the lever itself, you only need to remove again the lever to see it if I remember well.

[EDITED] Found a picture I made in June last year, but as the trim is clipped, it doesn't matter:
20230619_123201.jpg

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, there is one screw behind the lever itself, you only need to remove again the lever to see it if I remember well.

[EDITED] Found a picture I made in June last year, but as the trim is clipped, it doesn't matter:
View attachment 7843383
I have one there but maybe it should be the long one making my extra one of the small ones. I think it goes into the bottom trim somewhere. The one I have is longer so it should affix to either the left wall or the floor.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:58 AM
Reaction score
Taped an tied the selector so pin stays put - I hope. Thanks to those who had flagged it's wandering ways 👍

Attachments

• IMG_0396.mov
    2.9 MB

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:58 AM
Reaction score
Today I fitted a fire extinguisher in the passenger footwell.

IMG_1284.jpeg

It’s easily grabbed from the driver’s seat, and following a test fitting with my preferred passenger/navigator I can confirm it doesn’t impinge too badly on her personal space.

IMG_1286.jpeg

To fit it, I punched holes in the flooring and used bolts with washers behind the flooring to ensure the mount is nice and secure.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer ( who is relatively local) and they had just done the one, but he said may not be as straightforward as putting the pin back in and may need new selector. So giving it to him to sort.
So "Adam" from NA had this happen on his drive from WA state across country back to the east Coast. He used a zip tie to keep it in place. I don't think the selector was replaced. Message him for more details.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I used
Taped an tied the selector so pin stays put - I hope. Thanks to those who had flagged it's wandering ways 👍
I used black tubeless rim tape (for my fat bike wheels). It's thin, unobtrusive, and more than strong enough to keep the pin from coming out.

I also topped up my coolant in both reservoirs. My heat has worked fine, but yesterday I checked the coolant and found it just below MIN. Checking the owners manual it says to fix it up to MAX, which I did. I want to stay on top of this as many are posting heat and bleed issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom