The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
How many pies did you manage to get in the boot?

I reckon you must be one of the owners with the highest ODO presently. Nicely run in. You Derv or Petrol?
No pies were hurt (or delivered) during my journey.
It's a diesel Grenadier and still a bit of a new toy. My wife won't drive it as she says it is too big. (Her usual drive is a Fiat 500C).

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
It's a diesel Grenadier and still a bit of a new toy. My wife won't drive it as she says it is too big. (Her usual drive is a Fiat 500C).
You beat me by 3000 km or 1800 miles. (I have nearly 23000 km)
I think we have the same wife ... not totally, she drives a Nissan Micra :ROFLMAO:

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
You beat me by 3000 km or 1800 miles. (I have nearly 23000 km)
I think we have the same wife ... not totally, she drives a Nissan Micra :ROFLMAO:
My wife will happily drive the Morgan or the MX5, (both bigger than the Fiat 500C), but after she demolished her Father's garden fence with the LR110CSW, she's shied away from driving the bigger vehicles.

Local time
Reaction score

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
Did you see this video? It looks like the tire treads aren't kicking out the snow which I guess is typical of mud tires. Also the driver is just fooling around, or very inexperienced.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdntzd5dyMc
Looks like a bit of messing around and comes close to bogging it when reversing. But the Grenadier climbs out well with no drama showing it’s pedigree ….fantastic vehicle 👍

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife won't drive if I'm in the vehicle. Nothing to do with either vehicle 🙄 it's me, she says I critise her driving when she drives 🚗

Local time
Reaction score
Looking at the shackles you are using, are they rated? Here in Oz, shackles that look like that are not rated for shock loads and can become missiles! Please double check that they are proper, rated shackles which have markings as per the attached image.

View attachment 7843792View attachment 7843791
How many people have damaged and dangerous rated shackles in their kits? A shackle is designed for a working load limit (WLL) when a constant load is applied, they are not intended for severe shock loading. If the pin cannot be easily undone and wound into a clean shackle by hand with no tools the shackle has become deformed, threads damaged and should be discarded. Don't swap pins, if the shackle is damaged so is it's pin discard both.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I added some 4mm elastic cord to the @Bison-Gear roof rack. From the holes from right to left and back. So the stuff up there is fixed a little more.
I have some 6mm elastic cord and some hooks, maybe I have an idea for this...

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Today I added some 4mm elastic cord to the @Bison-Gear roof rack. From the holes from right to left and back. So the stuff up there is fixed a little more.
I have some 6mm elastic cord and some hooks, maybe I have an idea for this...
I would be very happy to see photos of this. Thanks in advance. ;-)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I played around a bit further with some useful or useless stuff, depending on personal opinions.

Although I have already 23000km without loosing the pin of my transfer case gear lever, I decided to follow the advice of many others, and did put some "cable manager tape" around it. It is some soft tissue, that sticks together like Velcro.
20240213_135416.jpg

And then I found some days ago some eyelet screws (M8) in one of my boxes (4 of them), and without explanation, look at my pictures. All materials come from my boxes with spares and other useless stuff (according to my wife). Cost: zero cent!
20240213_141924.jpg
20240213_142632.jpg

And I tested something else (final test) that I implemented this weekend, but this will be posted in another section, don't know yet which.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today I played around a bit further with some useful or useless stuff, depending on personal opinions.

Although I have already 23000km without loosing the pin of my transfer case gear lever, I decided to follow the advice of many others, and did put some "cable manager tape" around it. It is some soft tissue, that sticks together like Velcro.
View attachment 7843938
That is a great solution.

Back
Top Bottom