The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
So "Adam" from NA had this happen on his drive from WA state across country back to the east Coast. He used a zip tie to keep it in place. I don't think the selector was replaced. Message him for more details.
I think what happened last time the dealer probably phoned Ineos for a fix, and Ineos not allowing a botch (dab of solder or super glue) said replacement required. But I wonder what they do to stop it happening again?

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
I think this happened with mine. I've tried several times (on a downhill as well) to move the selector to low and nothing...The selector just won't budge. When I feel around the collar I feel a hole on the center console side and nothing in it.

Attachments

• IMG_2516.jpeg
    IMG_2516.jpeg
    647.6 KB · Views: 127

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
I think this happened with mine. I've tried several times (on a downhill as well) to move the selector to low and nothing...The selector just won't budge. When I feel around the collar I feel a hole on the center console side and nothing in it.
Maybe he can help

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe he can help
Thanks...I can't see a pin in my pic and no pin lying around the gear sector area or floor. I'm wondering if it had fallen out prior to my pick-up and during the detailing process it was vacuumed up.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't do anything exciting. Just tidied my boot. I once built an aluminium box for the Defender. I attached this removable box to the airline rail. That's where I put my recovery equipment. Including the good UNION shovel from the USA. I've only used it a couple of times so far. Before that, I had a German military folding spade that bent when I was digging.
And when I put something in the boot, I'm always reminded of my Defender. This rubber mat is robust and has never stunk like the cheap material you can buy today.

Attachments

• IMG_3557.jpg
    IMG_3557.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3558.jpg
    IMG_3558.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3559.jpg
    IMG_3559.jpg
    676.9 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't do anything exciting. Just tidied my boot. I once built an aluminium box for the Defender. I attached this removable box to the airline rail. That's where I put my recovery equipment. Including the good UNION shovel from the USA. I've only used it a couple of times so far. Before that, I had a German military folding spade that bent when I was digging. I expected nothing less from this club. They also have tanks that don't drive and helicopters that can't fly.
And when I put something in the boot, I'm always reminded of a Defender. This rubber mat is robust and has never stunk like the cheap material you can buy today.
I love the box bolted to the airline rails!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today I also walked around my Grenadier, and looked at all the exposed fasteners. Between the front grill, headlight surrounds, door bump pads (in place of airline track), snorkel mount cover plates, and the roof rack, I find dozens of black oxide T30 and T40 fasteners. This finish does not do particularly well when exposed to moisture, and road salt in particular. I decided to put a drop of Triflow on each one, also adding the wheel-well-liner fasteners to the list.

Last edited:
Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
I have the same issue w/my iPhone. I take my pics in RAW format do they have the .dng file extension. If you have an iPhone U need to crop them a little and then save as “most compatible”. This will convert them to .jpg and then u can upload them.
Thanks mate, I’ll give that a shot.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So "Adam" from NA had this happen on his drive from WA state across country back to the east Coast. He used a zip tie to keep it in place. I don't think the selector was replaced. Message him for more details.
It has not been replaced - part is on order.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
Drove Melton Mowbray to Colchester and return to see my Mother and sort some things out for her as she is not long out of hospital. 248 miles; no issues. I now have 16,200+ miles on the clock.
How many pies did you manage to get in the boot?

I reckon you must be one of the owners with the highest ODO presently. Nicely run in. You Derv or Petrol?

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
I didn't do anything exciting. Just tidied my boot. I once built an aluminium box for the Defender. I attached this removable box to the airline rail. That's where I put my recovery equipment. Including the good UNION shovel from the USA. I've only used it a couple of times so far. Before that, I had a German military folding spade that bent when I was digging.
And when I put something in the boot, I'm always reminded of my Defender. This rubber mat is robust and has never stunk like the cheap material you can buy today.
Looking at the shackles you are using, are they rated? Here in Oz, shackles that look like that are not rated for shock loads and can become missiles! Please double check that they are proper, rated shackles which have markings as per the attached image.

20240213_082738.jpg20240213_082733.jpg

Back
Top Bottom