The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
Happy New Year All.

Over the last few days and for my first time, I've gotten a chance to get the beast a little dirty and wet. Had a great time playing with engaging and disengaging the diffs, entering wading and off-road mode and getting used to the various operations of the vehicle. I was lucky enough to have a visit from my mate who first told me about the Grenadier over 2 years ago and is the reason why I started following all the early videos and ended up joining this forum, long before Stu revamped the site. Back then I was able to keep up and follow every thread, whereas today I read what I need to improve my knowledge as best as I can.

Here are a few pictures from the last few days. Can't wait for many more adventure s.

20231228_082835.jpg
20231228_101721.jpg
20231228_101820.jpg
20231230_133038.jpg

Thanking you all for your contributions and wealth of information over the past 2 years.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
Today we mounted our soft top RTT with its quick release clamps, practised setup/packup , adjusted a few items.
The Gren is tall, even on standard tyres. You need to be nimble and happy climbing on the roof rack, esp if like us you also have a side awning. On a rainy day much care is required.

Later I played around with making storage compartments. This may change over time. For now I've made a barrier with thin ply attached to the side cargo bolt holes with 8mm threaded rod. The box is removable and there is room for soft storage behind. levelling ramps or whatever on top and a little space in front for whatever.
I'll add some extra tie down eyes for light items.
received_396694566112878.jpeg
20240101_114801.jpg
20240101_183304.jpg

Last edited:

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
Went for a drive yesterday right before sunset, through Gunsite Pass south of Tucson. Despite having lived and worked in that area for 20 years, I've never driven it until yesterday. Susan also got to drive our Grenadier - for the first time, off-road, center diff locked and off-road mode on, more that anything else just to try it out. Forgot to use off-road mode on the center screen until after the fact. It was awesome using On-X Off Road to navigate unfamiliar, and sometimes counter-intuitive mountain & canyon roads

I must say the auxiliary / working lights are nice. She drove home on pavement, she her comment was that all the hype about the steering is much ado about nothing.

Edited for anti-word salad, autocorrect from my phone and clarification. Ugh!

20231231_173640.jpg20231231_173928.jpg20231231_174226.jpg20231231_184134.jpg

Last edited:
Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
What did I do with my Grenadier today? - nothing.

I'm still in discussions with Ineos to get a fair price for the 'unsatisfactory' and quite frankly not market-ready vehicle that I have rejected back to them. Funny how Customer Service only pay attention to you after you reject a vehicle.
Had a great weekend - I bought a brand new Defender. For anyone who thinks that the slow, flaky, and basically retarded Grenadier central screen is ok - try the Defender. The software is fast and flawless, and brilliant. Everything on the car works, not just most stuff like my Grenadier. I am so happy that I have bought this vehicle. Guys - if you are unhappy with Ineos taking the piss with the not-market-ready Grenadier - then change!

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
Had a great weekend - I bought a brand new Defender. For anyone who thinks that the slow, flaky, and basically retarded Grenadier central screen is ok - try the Defender. The software is fast and flawless, and brilliant. Everything on the car works, not just most stuff like my Grenadier. I am so happy that I have bought this vehicle. Guys - if you are unhappy with Ineos taking the piss with the not-market-ready Grenadier - then change!
I sold my HSE Defender that was well optioned with all the off road packs for the Grenadier and couldn’t be happier. There is a great Defender forum that’s fairly active -

Just depends on what you’re looking for I suppose. Loved my Defender but the two headlights that were replaced under warranty (at $4,000 each) made me question the long term reliability. Would still have the Defender though if the Grenadier wasn’t an option.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Glad you found your solution! That is what everyone is after.

The rest of us are here for different reasons, namely nothing in the market that meets our needs.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi shawtrav, Congratulations on the New Defender. I have a New 2020 Defender, which is the First Edition Model. It is an amazing vehicle, incredibly refined and has robust 0-60 in 5.8 sec performance too. Best vehicle I have ever owned. For me it's time for a new adventure, so waiting for my New Grenadier to arrive in April. If I ever grow dissatisfied with the Grenadier, then I will be back to a New Defender. Both vehicles are a win-win for those adventured minded and a bit eccentric too. DaBull

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I sold my HSE Defender that was well optioned with all the off road packs for the Grenadier and couldn’t be happier. There is a great Defender forum that’s fairly active -

Just depends on what you’re looking for I suppose. Loved my Defender but the two headlights that were replaced under warranty (at $4,000 each) made me question the long term reliability. Would still have the Defender though if the Grenadier wasn’t an option.
Hi Andiamo, I love my New Defender too. I also had my two front headlights replaced because the LED daytime running lights component failed. Thank God it was under warranty, as cost for each was over $4,000. You would think they would have designed it with just a simple led strip to replace instead of the whole headlight assembly.
Even still $4000 per headlight is crazy expensive. Would I still buy a New Defender after owning one for 3 years, Yes, however it's time for a new adventure with my New Grenadier arriving in April. DaBull

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank God it was under warranty, as cost for each was over $4,000. You would think they would have designed it with just a simple led strip to replace instead of the whole headlight assembly.
I’m not being a hater, but that is utterly ridiculous. I don’t care which brand you support, they all make questionable decisions, but expecting someone to pay 8 grand to replace their headlights is plain dumb. I dare say criminal.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m not being a hater, but that is utterly ridiculous. I don’t care which brand you support, they all make questionable decisions, but expecting someone to pay 8 grand to replace their headlights is plain dumb. I dare say criminal.
Hi Krabby, I completely agree with you. That's why I am only keeping my New Defender while under warranty. Same maybe for the New Grenadier, however instead of 4 years and 50,000 mile warranty on the New Defender, I get 5 years and 60,000 miles on the New Grenadier. Yea! DaBull

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@shawtrav Stop, just stop. Indont know the year of your new defender but I got one when they rolled off the ship. Let me tell you the software experience. Multiple warnings from driver aids. Multiple emergency braking no longer active, no cruise control, couple engine warnings that turned out to be nothing. The worse was when on a ferry ready to drive off, the car was in drive and the car decided to put on the emergency brakes which are electronically control. Apparently the car thought I had on the car in drive for to long and it should have emergency brakes on. What car didn't tell you is that the emergency brakes were on. It took me 5 minutes of trying to move forward with the ferry crew yelling at me to figure out the emergency brakes were on. Finally popped the brakes and error codes lite up the dash. ABS inactive, brakes no longer worked. Tol me to drive slowly to a LR CENTER. I was stuck on a island with closes LR center a ferry ride and a 15 mile drive. You know how I cleared the codes. I gunned the engine and slammed on the brakes which were already at the floor with no resistance. Then I put it in reverse and did the same thing. Cleared everything up and I could use the brakes again.
Your new defender had had over 15 software updates over the last 4 years to get you where you are today.
So instead of saying LR has done a amazing job. Maybe taken account that LR did a not so okay job and it has taken over 3 years to get a stable system. Grenadier os on its first update and you should have waited 4 years before buying one

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Krabby - I have a 2017 Honda Ridgeline as my commuter. It has the most brilliant, flame-thrower LED headlights I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy! I found out they dropped these for the 2019 model, in favor of a very poor bulb light. Now I can suspect why - replacement cost! For utility I'll add the RL beats the ND hands down ;)

Last edited:

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:03 PM
Reaction score
Hi Krabby, I completely agree with you. That's why I am only keeping my New Defender while under warranty. Same maybe for the New Grenadier, however instead of 4 years and 50,000 mile warranty on the New Defender, I get 5 years and 60,000 miles on the New Grenadier. Yea! DaBull
Exactly my thoughts too, and in NZ the warranty is only three years! Already sold mine two months ago, so at least it had some warranty remaining for the next owner. Loved it and at times hated it too. (Windscreens, turbo ventilation issues and a complete system failure in the first few months that my partner had to deal with as I was overseas) . Sadly they never made up after that 😞😆
Now I have Lottie until Shitake arrives hopefully in March 🤞🏽👍🏼

Local time
Reaction score
@shawtrav Stop, just stop. Indont know the year of your new defender but I got one when they rolled off the ship. Let me tell you the software experience. Multiple warnings from driver aids. Multiple emergency braking no longer active, no cruise control, couple engine warnings that turned out to be nothing. The worse was when on a ferry ready to drive off, the car was in drive and the car decided to put on the emergency brakes which are electronically control. Apparently the car thought I had on the car in drive for to long and it should have emergency brakes on. What car didn't tell you is that the emergency brakes were on. It took me 5 minutes of trying to move forward with the ferry crew yelling at me to figure out the emergency brakes were on. Finally popped the brakes and error codes lite up the dash. ABS inactive, brakes no longer worked. Tol me to drive slowly to a LR CENTER. I was stuck on a island with closes LR center a ferry ride and a 15 mile drive. You know how I cleared the codes. I gunned the engine and slammed on the brakes which were already at the floor with no resistance. Then I put it in reverse and did the same thing. Cleared everything up and I could use the brakes again.
Your new defender had had over 15 software updates over the last 4 years to get you where you are today.
So instead of saying LR has done a amazing job. Maybe taken account that LR did a not so okay job and it has taken over 3 years to get a stable system. Grenadier os on its first update and you should have waited 4 years before buying one
Thanks, I hear your pain with your Defender. Mine is brand new, and so far is faultless.
My problem with Ineos is that they have charged me top dollar for a substandard vehicle. It is inconceivable that Ineos did not know of the many flaws as they despatched the cars to their new owners. And my point is that - as they knew the cars were defective and did nothing, they cannot care about their customers.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, I hear your pain with your Defender. Mine is brand new, and so far is faultless.
My problem with Ineos is that they have charged me top dollar for a substandard vehicle. It is inconceivable that Ineos did not know of the many flaws as they despatched the cars to their new owners. And my point is that - as they knew the cars were defective and did nothing, they cannot care about their customers.
That same argument was said by many who bought, like me a 2020 land rover defender. Go on to the LR forum and start with the early posts. You will find me on the forum, same user name as here. Keep in mind LR has been making cars since 1948. Ineos from my experience is ahead of LR in terms of quality of product when delivered. I would say Ineos has done a better job of keeping people up to speed versus LR. That is my opinion based off of the number of times Ineos leadership has stepped in to make things right. Jerry leaves you hanging at LR.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was a bit damp today and my son and I travelled through some wet uk roads. Went a bit deeper than I was happy with but we got through. We even got a recovery in.. He’s done a YouTube video of it..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwrdT7gYjE4

I checked under the floors to see if any water had got in and was chuffed to see it was gobi dry. It’s a bloody good wading machine and towing a V12 Mercedes S Class that had hydro locked, required low and diffs as there wasn’t enough purchase without.

Back
Top Bottom