The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
For those that have bought these glow in the dark ignition rings, how much life do they have? My experience with anything like this other than what’s on a rolex submariner is that it goes dull and useless fairly quickly.
i thought buying me a chunk of radium, and drop that in the footwell. That should do the job. I bet it will keep glowing eternally. :p

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
You are right. But it turned out quite tricky to attach the Rolex without destroying it. I gave up after the third watch as it got to dark 🌓

Yeah you’re right. Should use something more versatile like the omega seamaster. 😂

Although @bemax you and @Voader - Oudersopzwier would probably prefer the Glashütte. 😉

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
Yeah you’re right. Should use something more versatile like the omega seamaster. 😂

Although @bemax you and @Voader - Oudersopzwier would probably prefer the Glashütte. 😉
We've established no religion or politics here - let's not start a watch war 🤣

Besides, we all know this is the epitome of watch design.

1704367160288.png

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For the second time I did dare to drive my car with zero, "0" red stripes on my fuel gauge:
20240104_131904.jpg
20240104_132339.jpg
I took the "voluntary" risk because I was very close to my house and there are several gasoline stations in the neighborhood.
The first time was even worse, I filled it with 90.94 l, but that was sweating, I posted it too "somewhere". I always fill it till the automatic "shut off" of the filling nozzle goes off. Not more.
It is quite consistent: 0 stripes means you can put at least 90 liters in it! And with one stripe you can drive, with zero stripes too, but I don't know yet how long ;)

Yesterday I passed by at my workshop, because "Arno" (the Ineos after sales guy) was back from Holidays, and I asked him what he plans to do with my water infiltrations, missing recall actions, and "maintenance warning" that keeps popping up while driving, see below:
20240104_131901.jpg
His answer: all cars who got the software update have now this "feature". Ineos knows this and this will be solved in a next software update.
I was not so happy with the answers I got concerning my analysis of the leaks: "we will have to analyze ourselves first", but after insisting he promised me to ask some questions to Ineos. Not sure that he will do it.
Anybody else who did have a periodic maintenance after getting the new software version (version 1946) has this very annoying feature?

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:42 AM
Reaction score
For the second time I did dare to drive my car with zero, "0" red stripes on my fuel gauge:
View attachment 7838450
View attachment 7838449
I took the "voluntary" risk because I was very close to my house and there are several gasoline stations in the neighborhood.
The first time was even worse, I filled it with 90.94 l, but that was sweating, I posted it too "somewhere". I always fill it till the automatic "shut off" of the filling nozzle goes off. Not more.
It is quite consistent: 0 stripes means you can put at least 90 liters in it! At with one stripe you can drive, with zero stripes too, but I don't know yet how long ;)

Yesterday I passed by at my workshop, because "Arno" (the Ineos after sales guy) was back from Holidays, and I asked him what he plans to do with my water infiltrations, missing recall actions, and "maintenance warning" that keeps popping up while driving, see below:
View attachment 7838451
His answer: all cars who got the software update have now this "feature". Ineos knows this and this will be solved in a next software update.
I was not so happy with the answers I got concerning my analysis of the leaks: we will have to analyze ourselves first, but after insisting he promised me to ask some questions to Ineos. Not sure that he will do it.
Anybody else who did have a periodic maintenance after getting the new software version (version 1946) has this very annoying feature?
I like these zero fuel posts Jean. Gives me great anxiety just reading them but very entertaining. Can anyone break Jean's 90.94l (petrol) with first auto cut-off strictly employed???

It won't be me (I hope) as I have severe FORO (fear of running out - apologies Jean) syndrome.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Jean - The software-update-related issues are unfortunate. I fear we have an entirely different (software) vehicle in North America. Hopefully not facing similar future issues...

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7838450
View attachment 7838449
It is quite consistent: 0 stripes means you can put at least 90 liters in it! And with one stripe you can drive, with zero stripes too, but I don't know yet how long ;)

View attachment 7838451
I was not so happy with the answers I got concerning my analysis of the leaks: "we will have to analyze ourselves first", but after insisting he promised me to ask some questions to Ineos. Not sure that he will do it.
Hope you carry a spare fuel can in the vehicle. I presume that with it being a petrol it will auto prime after running out of fuel.
Mine was built with the updated software version 1946 so up to date no bings or bongs (fingers crossed and touching wood as I type). But it will be interesting how the service indicator is reset - OBD reader I presume. My wife's Fiat has a work around to set the service indicator - Ignition on don't start, press the accelerator to the floor 3 times then ignition off. Bet the Grenadier isn't that helpful

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the SW Updat 1946, no bings, bongs or false warnings. Service in 16.000km or June 2024
With 0km to go on the fuel gauge, I fill up 85l

Local time
Reaction score
For those that have bought these glow in the dark ignition rings, how much life do they have? My experience with anything like this other than what’s on a rolex submariner is that it goes dull and useless fairly quickly.
I have a buddy that s AD he is going to Basel world in april ill see if he can procure for some chroma light paint

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I don't ware watches. A bit useless, you can find the time everywhere these days. Laptop, car, cellphone, clocks everywhere, and my wive. She also tels me how late it already is... and that I have to stop doing what I am doing and start doing the other stuff that she wants that I need to do. :cautious:

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7838450
View attachment 7838449

View attachment 7838451
Hi Jean

I got the software update approx 4 month ago. In this time I drove approx 8000 km with the car. So far there have been no false „maintenance warnings“ and also no other false warnings anymore.
So, therefore I assume that the answer from your dealer „all cars with the new software have this feature „ is likely more an „I have no idea why and what that is“. 😉

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jean

I got the software update approx 4 month ago. In this time I drove approx 8000 km with the car. So far there have been no false „maintenance warnings“ and also no other false warnings anymore.
So, therefore I assume that the answer from your dealer „all cars with the new software have this feature „ is likely more an „I have no idea why and what that is“. 😉
Yes, but did you have your periodic maintenance in that interval?
I agree that my dealer often told me bullshit, (and still yesterday and today) but now it is: "people who had their service maintenance AFTER the software update can't get a proper reset of the maintenance interval warning". If you had a periodic maintenance the last 8000 km, then you are right, and I can confront Hedin with this fact. That's why I post my question.

Anyway: thanks for your reaction! (y)

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree that my dealer often told me bullshit, (and still yesterday and today) but now it is: "people who had their service maintenance AFTER the software update can't get a proper reset of the maintenance interval warning". If you had a periodic maintenance the last 8000 km, then you are right, and I can confront Hedin with this fact. That's why I post my question.

Hi Jean - sorry I didn‘t got you right in the beginning. My mistake.
No- so far I did not have the regular service. That will be in Feb.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jean,
have they/ the dealer changed your Safari Windows and door seals yet?
I have the Same Problem with water intrusion driver Site.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't ware watches. A bit useless, you can find the time everywhere these days. Laptop, car, cellphone, clocks everywhere, and my wive. She also tels me how late it already is... and that I have to stop doing what I am doing and start doing the other stuff that she wants that I need to do. :cautious:
Sure your wife is the sister of mine. :eek:
I don't need a watch anymore for the same reasons. (y)

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

@Jean Mercier - I had my 12,000 mile service some time subsequent to the software update and can confirm a proper reset of the maintenance interval without any continuing warnings. It sounds as though Hedin are continuing to feed you BS! I don't expect any such warnings to commence again until the odometer reaches at least 22,800 miles, probably sometime in March in my case.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jean,
have they/ the dealer changed your Safari Windows and door seals yet?
I have the Same Problem with water intrusion driver Site.
No, especially the Safari windows: as I did my own repair they don't think it is a priority anymore :mad:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier - I had my 12,000 mile service some time subsequent to the software update and can confirm a proper reset of the maintenance interval without any continuing warnings. It sounds as though Hedin are continuing to feed you BS! I don't expect any such warnings to commence again until the odometer reaches at least 22,800 miles.
OK, that is what I thought! Now I can go back to Hedin, and get angry again! (y):mad:

Back
Top Bottom