The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

pete54

GG-2562
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
My son's girlfriend's mother is the manager of a local, popular BBQ restaurant. Unfortunately, the owner is having health issues, forcing the closure of two locations. He called me while I was getting gas and said to come get free meat for us to split. I have a smoker and a garage upright freezer, so allegedly I get half in exchange for cooking it.

View attachment 7837798View attachment 7837799

100# of pork ribs and 90# of pork butt, and 2 beef brisket. 25# of rub, 2 gal of mustard (for the binder) and a few gallons of sauce.
Epic first grocery run, worthy of the Grenadier.
If only we were neighbours. Or on the same continent. Good luck with your bonanza.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Just spent a happy day driving to Newcastle Upon Tyne and back, so 181 miles there and 192 miles back, with wife, son, 40 bog rolls, son's packing and his Christmas presents. Grenadier was faultless and comfortable, despite the rubbish weather we are having.
On the way back, we diverted to the National Glass Centre in Sunderland for coffee, sticky bun and a free demonstration of glass blowing - making a large glass bowl. https://sunderlandculture.org.uk/our-venues/national-glass-centre/
(Maria and I were students at Sunderland University - not glass blowing though).

Started driving at 0800, back home by 1830, including a wander around Eldon Square and the Glass Centre.

vandrarhenrik

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
Great photo.
Do you have extra heating installed for better starting the car in this cold climate: Webasto, Calix or Defa?
No, I only go here a few times I the winter. Normally I live in Malmö. I don't have 230 V in my cabin here. But if I would live here, definitely.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thinking of a Webasto, but it should heat the engine.
Thank you.
You have a petrol Grenadier, where a Webasto won’t heat the Engine, do you?
Mine is a diesel and I am thinking about a Webasto although an electric Calix or Defa would do with my usecase. They are also cheaper. Still thinking about it.

vandrarhenrik

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you.
You have a petrol Grenadier, where a Webasto won’t heat the Engine, do you?
Mine is a diesel and I am thinking about a Webasto although an electric Calix or Defa would do with my usecase. They are also cheaper. Still thinking about it.
Diesel. 2 seater, basically TM. I'm going to look into it, but I have no experience. Have a Webasto heater in my Defender 110. Don't know if it heats the engine or not.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh, I see. Had a Webasto in my Defender too, it heats the engine and the inner space. Used it in the winter in Austria often and now I am accustomed to it and want a heater in the my Grenadier Utility also.
Installing the Webasto is very complex, the workshop needs 2 days and the tank must be nearly empty because they have to remove it. That is why I don‘t have a heater yet - and I have to look for a workshop that is willing to do it. I asked two Bosch-Services and they refused to install it, no experience with this new car.

Local time
Reaction score
What did I do with my Grenadier today? - nothing.

I'm still in discussions with Ineos to get a fair price for the 'unsatisfactory' and quite frankly not market-ready vehicle that I have rejected back to them. Funny how Customer Service only pay attention to you after you reject a vehicle.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today …

Months go I bought a cheap Chinese invertor (about 100 €), before getting my Grenadier.

https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/dc-to-ac-power-inverter.12411293/

After playing around and getting some “negative” (I mean constructive) comments on my first installation, I continued today to improve and prepare it: dismounting, removing the switch and small screen and power outlet. Goal: extending the wires - on/off switch and screen - so that I could mount these on the trim in the back of my car.
20231231_204104.jpg

Result? The small screen is saying that I have 220V, but my multimeter (and a lamp that I connected later on, on the power outlet) says: … almost nothing. I don’t mind. I will solve it, or buy a more decent invertor, also made in China but from a Western brand?

Still playing around with my Grenadier, and enjoying it.

Happy New Year everybody.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today …

...... so that I could mount these on the trim in the back of my car

I thought it was agreed months ago it is NOT a car, the US and Aus are allowed to call it a truck, but we Europeans should refer to it as a " vehicle " 😉

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My better half calls it the bus.
I just say I’m going a run and taking my Granny, earns me extra Brownie points.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
Today …

Months go I bought a cheap Chinese invertor (about 100 €), before getting my Grenadier.

https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/dc-to-ac-power-inverter.12411293/

After playing around and getting some “negative” (I mean constructive) comments on my first installation, I continued today to improve and prepare it: dismounting, removing the switch and small screen and power outlet. Goal: extending the wires - on/off switch and screen - so that I could mount these on the trim in the back of my car.
View attachment 7837916

Result? The small screen is saying that I have 220V, but my multimeter (and a lamp that I connected later on, on the power outlet) says: … almost nothing. I don’t mind. I will solve it, or buy a more decent invertor, also made in China but from a Western brand?

Still playing around with my Grenadier, and enjoying it.

Happy New Year!!!

Back
Top Bottom