The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
Was a bit damp today and my son and I travelled through some wet uk roads. Went a bit deeper than I was happy with but we got through. We even got a recovery in.. He’s done a YouTube video of it..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwrdT7gYjE4

I checked under the floors to see if any water had got in and was chuffed to see it was gobi dry. It’s a bloody good wading machine and towing a V12 Mercedes S Class that had hydro locked, required low and diffs as there wasn’t enough purchase without.
That was awesome! You're quite the gentleman. Good to see the Grenadier in real world use, wading and recovery.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
That was awesome! You're quite the gentleman. Good to see the Grenadier in real world use, wading and recovery.
We felt really sorry for the driver.. it was obviously his pride and joy and he told us he’d only popped to the shop for some bread. Repair of a Mercedes v12 won’t be cheap and it’ll probably mean his insurance will write it off.
I should’ve add3d that I didn’t get my feet wet. I used the side rails to “walk” to the back of the truck like a gunwale and my young lad was in the back handing the towing strap and shackle over.. I have to say that the vehicle does feel invincible…

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
Hi @Highwayman
thank you very much for this great how to!!!
One question. How did you dismount the side panel in the trunk?

Thank you very much…
Hello @Pat-Ard

Thank You for the kind words and I hope your installation goes well

To remove the side panels, I followed the helpful guide by @rovie earlier in this thread.

Post in thread 'What did you do with your Grenadier today?'
https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...your-grenadier-today.12411127/post-1333186235

My recollection is that it you need to take your time and be patient. The hardest clips to remove are the three metal clips at the top of the panel (I bent one in the process). I found easing out all the plastic clips around the panel first, and then giving the upper part a good “pull”.

Hope that makes sense!

Good luck

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Was a bit damp today and my son and I travelled through some wet uk roads. Went a bit deeper than I was happy with but we got through. We even got a recovery in..
I've had an afternoon like that - Melton Mowbray to Bourne and return. It is not far but the roads were wet to 1ft deep in places. I pulled a broken BMW to a place of safety, (it's always a BMW around here, often an X5, they have a safe wading depth of about 5" at 5-10mph and drown at much more), there might be something useable on the dashcam.

The Grenadier does give you a feeling of invincibility, (which could easily lead to a massive fall).

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
Was a bit damp today and my son and I travelled through some wet uk roads. Went a bit deeper than I was happy with but we got through. We even got a recovery in.. He’s done a YouTube video of it..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwrdT7gYjE4

I checked under the floors to see if any water had got in and was chuffed to see it was gobi dry. It’s a bloody good wading machine and towing a V12 Mercedes S Class that had hydro locked, required low and diffs as there wasn’t enough purchase without.
Nice work. Ive heard that midlands is a bit damp. I remember in 1998 I was in Stoke Goldington when the Ouse flooded. Sounds like its happening again.

Reactions: PBD
Local time
Reaction score
I collected my Grenadier at 11:00AM this morning. no hitches on the handover, was gifted a signwritten tyre cover, two fancy keyrings, a dealer branded baseball cap and more diesel than I expected.

The trip home had a little more drama than anticipated as Maria had a puncture in Charlie our 2002 Vauxhall Aglia. She drove over a pothole, the rim and tyre are destroyed, so we proved the hands free phone works really well and changed to the spare tyre.

The afternoon ws a little less fraught, with a trip to Burghley House, 20ish miles away for a mooch around the stately home and a gawk at the pictures. We will have to go again, as the house promises much more than we saw. There is now 109 miles on the Grenadier; it needs a name, it already has a Leicester Tigers sticker.

A few pictures, the better ones taken by Maria, my wife.

View attachment 7809230View attachment 7809227View attachment 7809231View attachment 7809228

Local time
Reaction score
I collected my Grenadier at 11:00AM this morning. no hitches on the handover, was gifted a signwritten tyre cover, two fancy keyrings, a dealer branded baseball cap and more diesel than I expected.

The trip home had a little more drama than anticipated as Maria had a puncture in Charlie our 2002 Vauxhall Aglia. She drove over a pothole, the rim and tyre are destroyed, so we proved the hands free phone works really well and changed to the spare tyre.

The afternoon ws a little less fraught, with a trip to Burghley House, 20ish miles away for a mooch around the stately home and a gawk at the pictures. We will have to go again, as the house promises much more than we saw. There is now 109 miles on the Grenadier; it needs a name, it already has a Leicester Tigers sticker.

A few pictures, the better ones taken by Maria, my wife.

View attachment 7809230View attachment 7809227View attachment 7809231View attachment 7809228
I USED TO LIVE IN LEICESTER, ON UPPERTON RD IN1965, THEN MOVED TO CANADA IN 1973, IAM WAITING FOR MY GRENADIER, THEY ARE NOT HEAR YET, U GUYS ARE LUCKEY TO HAVE ONE, ENJOY

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:17 PM
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing four Teralume X1 rooftop lights. These are sold as “Underbody Rock lights” but they can be mounted just about anywhere. Wired them into Ext 2 and 3 which allows me to turn just the one over the driver’s side (RHD) door and/or add in the other three. I used one of the top mounting screws for the grab rails to mount a STEDI light bar bracket. I made 4 Aluminium brackets to which the X1 lights bolt onto which allows adjustment up and down (no side-to-side though). I ferreted the cabling through rubber grommets behind the black plastic grab-handle moulding to avoid wires flailing around when off-road. They do not project above the roofline, nor over the gutters.

My next project is to mount two X1 lights under the bonnet, wired into Ext 1 to allow me to work in the engine bay after dark.

Attachments

• IMG_3352.jpeg
    IMG_3352.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3341.jpeg
    IMG_3341.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3342.jpeg
    IMG_3342.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3339.jpeg
    IMG_3339.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3331.jpeg
    IMG_3331.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3330.jpeg
    IMG_3330.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3323.jpeg
    IMG_3323.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 87

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For those that have bought these glow in the dark ignition rings, how much life do they have? My experience with anything like this other than what’s on a rolex submariner is that it goes dull and useless fairly quickly.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For those that have bought these glow in the dark ignition rings, how much life do they have? My experience with anything like this other than what’s on a rolex submariner is that it goes dull and useless fairly quickly.
Probably not indefinite, but pretty cheap and just stick on, so easy to remove and replace from time to time.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
You are right. But it turned out quite tricky to attach the Rolex without destroying it. I gave up after the third watch as it got to dark 🌓

Back
Top Bottom