The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vehicle mounted twin air compressor

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:44 AM
Reaction score
I watched the video again and it looks like there isn’t room under the seat for tank.

-Can you attach a small tank inline with the 1/4NTP(?) fittings as an ad-hoc add on when using tools? Just make that part of the tool kit?
Maybe you can fit a thin air tank in the rear footwell, mounted on the back edges of the seat brackets (something like the TJM 5 litre.) Depends how often the rear seats are occupied, I have a Maglite 6D mounted there which is a bit longer but is not intrusive.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:44 PM
Reaction score
Just put an air tank under the body between the frame rails.
I was starting to wonder about that. Are there pre-existing holes you can re-purpose ?

For this mount, getting the seat out of the way doesn’t seem that bad- but how often does an ARB twin need maintenance?

Local time
Reaction score
I was starting to wonder about that. Are there pre-existing holes you can re-purpose ?

For this mount, getting the seat out of the way doesn’t seem that bad- but how often does an ARB twin need maintenance?
I have not investigated in detail an under body mounting location for an air tank. But a small one gallon model like that sold by ARB should be quite easy to find a location for. I have done this on my other vehicle which is a Jeep. I like having a tank if only because it acts as a buffer in the system, reducing the amount of on-off cycling by the compressor. When I get around to installing a compressor in the Grenadier the first place I will investigate for the air tank is the location used for the urea tank in the diesel models.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have not investigated in detail an under body mounting location for an air tank. But a small one gallon model like that sold by ARB should be quite easy to find a location for. I have done this on my other vehicle which is a Jeep. I like having a tank if only because it acts as a buffer in the system, reducing the amount of on-off cycling by the compressor. When I get around to installing a compressor in the Grenadier the first place I will investigate for the air tank is the location used for the urea tank in the diesel models.
How far from the pumps can the tank be? I assume a few feet doesn’t matter?

Local time
Reaction score
How far from the pumps can the tank be? I assume a few feet doesn’t matter?
The distance between the compressor and the tank is not an issue. In the setup on my Jeep the compressor is under the hood (an engine driven AC style compressor) and the air tank is mounted above the rear axle on the underside of the body. The air line connecting them is approximately 8 feet.

Back
Top Bottom