The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Unacceptable build quality issues on delivery?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
Ok. Then please let me know what Hedin did. I am curious.
OK, but next time I will go to the dealer will probably be end of August or September, hoping that they have the airco pipe, and will fix definitely my water leak at the safari roofs, because next week, Wednesday, I will again drive to Hungary for visiting my son, and perhaps push further and do a small trip in Romania (not sure yet). In the mean time I will try to fix the leak myself temporarily with the glue I ordered (should arrive today).

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
OK, but next time I will go to the dealer will probably be end of August or September, hoping that they have the airco pipe, and will fix definitely my water leak at the safari roofs, because next week, Wednesday, I will again drive to Hungary for visiting my son, and perhaps push further and do a small trip in Romania (not sure yet). In the mean time I will try to fix the leak myself temporarily with the glue I ordered (should arrive today).
All right. Thank you. Have a good trip and, above all, have fun in Hungary. I once was in Bank and Vac for a while. There we often drove the Lada Niva through fields, forests and meadows.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Looking at this thread, I seem to have got off quite lightly. Certainly I haven't had @PBD's nightmare. Some 5600 miles in, the sticky driver's door is now closing well without slamming, the crying wolf from the touch screen is not persisting beyond 2 minutes after ignition and everything else seems to work. The parking sensors don't make sense to me, but that may be a feature not a bug.

Assuming the software fixes cover the wolf calls and the infotainment going blank at awkward moments, I'm left with 3 dodgy door seals and a random cup of water in the driver's mat. The dodgy door seals have a slightly alarming symptom after a rainy night:- View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eIP9NgFrFtI

The water in the driver's footwell I'm putting down to the AC condensation, until I have evidence to the contrary.

Apart from the missing workshop manual, inability to buy a ladder and L-track as OE parts and the issues above, it is close to perfect!

Last edited:

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
The dodgy door seals have a slightly alarming symptom after a rainy night:- View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eIP9NgFrFtI

The water in the driver's footwell I'm putting down to the AC condensation, until I have evidence to the contrary.

Aprat from the missing workshop manual, inability to buy a ladder and L-track as OE parts and the issues above, it is close to perfect!
Yeah, but look how nice and clean the sidestep is!

• Haha
Reactions: Fab

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
You should worry, my front bumper is an inch lower on the drivers side! Wife recons its pissed!! :ROFLMAO:
Are you living with this or has it been remedied?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi mate,
pit is one of the many thing to be rectified, when the updates are available it will go in and have the lot done in one go. 👍
👍

It's one of my *slight* concerns ~ everyone (myself included) "saving" up their snagging lists until the software update is available and then presenting at the agent's with a long shopping list.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
👍

It's one of my *slight* concerns ~ everyone (myself included) "saving" up their snagging lists until the software update is available and then presenting at the agent's with a long shopping list.
I don’t know how the agents will fit all the work in. A big agent like Harwoods with one technician and still doing PDI’s and as we go down the line there will be servicing and repairs to do to. The backlog will take ages to clear all the faults and snags plus do all the software updates for already delivered vehicles.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
👍

I know what you mean, but I am told they are preparing for mine, including all the parts it needs to bring it up to spec and they are sorting me a replacement grenadier whilst mine is being done.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know what you mean, but I am told they are preparing for mine, including all the parts it needs to bring it up to spec and they are sorting me a replacement grenadier whilst mine is being done.
Hi mate when’s is your Grenadier going in for refurbishing and snag list. I imagine it will be in for a while. Good luck with it all 🤞🏼

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
👍

Never thought about this, but you have a very valid point, I am doing exactly the same as everyone else by the sound of it. it is going to slow the update process down in my opinion as well, not sure how many agents have two technicians at this time but I think they might need them soon.

Or maybe not when IA can’t keep up with the parts backlog.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Never thought about this, but you have a very valid point, I am doing exactly the same as everyone else by the sound of it. it is going to slow the update process down in my opinion as well, not sure how many agents have two technicians at this time but I think they might need them soon.

Or maybe not when IA can’t keep up with the parts backlog.
Counting myself very lucky that my issues are things I can happily live with till end of the year if needed. Most annoying thing was the bong every time I moved on from stationary. Cured, thanks to this site and someone suggesting I check the settings on my speed warning.

Local time
Reaction score
I may be cynical, but the much anticipated software update is talked about as if it will fix ALL the issues. I have never known a software update in a complex device to do that.... so often a fix un-fixes some other item that is obscurely connected to it in the code.

Chris

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I may be cynical, but the much anticipated software update is talked about as if it will fix ALL the issues. I have never known a software update in a complex device to do that.... so often a fix un-fixes some other item that is obscurely connected to it in the code.
Very true, there is always a second update shortly after!!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, it's been discussed before that this software update seems to have very broad shoulders.

denym_

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
Not really cynical. I am lead software engineer.... If aaaallll the issue do not come down to one simple bug, they won't be fixed all together that easy. If it comes down to just one bug it should have been delivered already. My guess is that all the electrical gremlins are more on the embedded software side and those won't be fixed that easy with OTA.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The false warnings are a pain and I desperately want to get them fixed. However, apart from that I can say the vehicle is performing fantastically.

Just a shame, it was released like this, as I am sure it is affecting sales.

However, would I recommend a Grenadier to my friends - HELL YES!

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would recommend INEOS Automotive to a friend. I have now been without working Air Con for 3 months. I have annoying erroneous rear parking sensors when reversing and erroneous rear seatbelt warnings. And still no sign of my roof bars. I have had to make 4 trips to my agent to try and resolve the various issues and INEOS no longer answer my emails.

Back
Top Bottom