The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tool kit

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:39 PM
Reaction score
Good choices. Shame they skimped on the quality, I will certainly add some extra kit for our truck!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good choices. Shame they skimped on the quality, I will certainly add some extra kit for our truck!
Assuming the tools they supply are thought through and helpful in a number of ways. I might swap out the pliers, screwdriver and single spanner for something of a higher grade. Need to add a decent head torch also.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Assuming the tools they supply are thought through and helpful in a number of ways. I might swap out the pliers, screwdriver and single spanner for something of a higher grade. Need to add a decent head torch also.
In fairness, having just had a careful look at what tools are supplied with the Grenadier. They are a little bit crude looking but fit for purpose. Might change out the tool roll for something a little more accessible and something able to accommodate the little extra's I have added.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Facom. Very nice. Have a love of their tools and Wera tools.
Actually these ones are Sealey.

I think both the Sealey ones and the Facom ones are bought in parts from the same factory ~ just different labelling, and significantly different prices. The Facom ones were possibly north of £30, whilst these were £12.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Need to add a decent head torch also.
I've been impressed with my original Fenix headtorch (on the right), I bought a second one for the vehicle.
IMG_20230625_160544141.jpg

Bought initially for taking the dog out in the dark hours, but used for so many different jobs, where some extra light is required but you don't have a spare hand.

Both flood and spotlights, and several different power levels.

Original used daily for 3 or more years without an issue, other than headband going a little slack and being replaced.

And it has a handy bag to keep it in:
IMG_20230625_160721141.jpg

Makers52129

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
I've been impressed with my original Fenix headtorch (on the right), I bought a second one for the vehicle.
View attachment 7817884

Bought initially for taking the dog out in the dark hours, but used for so many different jobs, where some extra light is required but you don't have a spare hand.

Both flood and spotlights, and several different power levels.

Original used daily for 3 or more years without an issue, other than headband going a little slack and being replaced.

And it has a handy bag to keep it in:
View attachment 7817885
Fenix makes a good light. Bright and good quality. Never thought I would use a head lamp but once I got accustomed to it now can’t go with out it!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes exactly the same. Resisted for years and wouldn't swap over from my large Maglite. Now I have, I certainly wouldn't go back.

Reactions: PBD

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes exactly the same. Resisted for years and wouldn't swap over from my large Maglite. Now I have, I certainly wouldn't go back.
Likewise. From buying a Petzl Tikka many years ago I now have several around the house and sheds. Some have red leds which handy for reading in bed when the wife has turned off the reading lamp. Or on a boat at night. Have cheaper chinese ones in each vehicle with batteries removed. Very handy piece of kit, and as you say, no way back.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Since i had the tools out for the oil change this seems like the best time to post them . So i tried to build a robust kit that will potentially be able to cover 90% of things i will need to do to my Gren . Any time i wrench on my gren i make it a point to use this kit . In case i need something that is not in the kit /or does not work as i want then i will add it / remove it as time goes on . This is just the tool kit no it does not contain any spares. It will only be carried on trips ( not on a daily basis , since the Gren is my daily driver ) .
The kit it is in a kind of a tool roll . Laid out looks like this :
IMG_5884.jpeg
Each pocket has a theme to it so i know what i expect to find in there in a glimpse .
First pocket has pliers , squeeze things and cutting things (ignore the marker its just in case i need to draw a mustache on someone) :
IMG_5880.jpeg
Second pocket is the persuader along with all the poky bits and we cannot forget the thumb detecting nut f*cker (adjustable wrench) :
IMG_5879.jpeg
Third pocket we have sockets . I tried to find all the types on the Gren and here is what i came up with . External torx , torx , normal( hex 6 point deep and shallow ) . I know the seats are held in with tamper proof torx but I decided not to include them , they can work on normal torx also but the hole in the middle makes them more susceptible to failure so they are not included .
IMG_5878.jpeg
Pocket 4 is everything screw related plus a tire valve stem tool ( one in the car at all times with extra valve stems , if you know you know )
IMG_5881.jpeg
Last pocket is the miscellaneous: allen keys , test light , epoxy paste , random hose clamps and a pair of strippers.
IMG_5883.jpeg
On the reverse side is a full set of combination spanners .
IMG_5885.jpeg
All packed up looks like this :
IMG_5887.jpeg

Hope it gives someone ideas . Show us your tool kit and what you have in it !!!

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Since i had the tools out for the oil change this seems like the best time to post them . So i tried to build a robust kit that will potentially be able to cover 90% of things i will need to do to my Gren . Any time i wrench on my gren i make it a point to use this kit . In case i need something that is not in the kit /or does not work as i want then i will add it / remove it as time goes on . This is just the tool kit no it does not contain any spares. It will only be carried on trips ( not on a daily basis , since the Gren is my daily driver ) .
The kit it is in a kind of a tool roll . Laid out looks like this :
View attachment 7819708
Each pocket has a theme to it so i know what i expect to find in there in a glimpse .
First pocket has pliers , squeeze things and cutting things (ignore the marker its just in case i need to draw a mustache on someone) :
View attachment 7819709
Second pocket is the persuader along with all the poky bits and we cannot forget the thumb detecting nut f*cker (adjustable wrench) :
View attachment 7819710
Third pocket we have sockets . I tried to find all the types on the Gren and here is what i came up with . External torx , torx , normal( hex 6 point deep and shallow ) . I know the seats are held in with tamper proof torx but I decided not to include them , they can work on normal torx also but the hole in the middle makes them more susceptible to failure so they are not included .
View attachment 7819711
Pocket 4 is everything screw related plus a tire valve stem tool ( one in the car at all times with extra valve stems , if you know you know )
View attachment 7819712
Last pocket is the miscellaneous: allen keys , test light , epoxy paste , random hose clamps and a pair of strippers.
View attachment 7819713
On the reverse side is a full set of combination spanners .
View attachment 7819714
All packed up looks like this :
View attachment 7819715

Hope it gives someone ideas . Show us your tool kit and what you have in it !!!
Great looking tool kit - who makes that bag for carrying everything?

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't forget to add you your kit - hammer, large plastic tarp, tie wraps, duct tape, bone saw, lime or sulphuric acid. Oh, wait, thats for something else.....
For a moment there i was like those are some nice recommendations…….. just in case you know . Ahahhaha :)

Reactions: PBD

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:39 PM
Reaction score
+1 for wera, knipex, duck tape and some bits or wire. Oh and a lump hammer
After "stopping" my engineer career, I swapped as a paid hobby to interpreting for justice, police, social inspection and so on ...
About a year ago, I had to do some interpreting job (Portuguese) for a car jacking, where they kidnapped the car owner and left him alive in a remote place ...
Judge to car jacker: "who does carry duct tape in his car?"
Car jacker: "euh ..."
Me, my thoughts, but I didn't say it: "I always have duct tape in my car" :ROFLMAO: '
(And I also had always wire and some other tools in the car)

Last edited:

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After "stopping" my engineer career, I swapped as a paid hobby to interpreting for justice, police, social inspection and so on ...
About a year ago, I had to do some interpreting job (Portuguese) for a car jacking, where they kidnapped the car owner and left him alive in a remote place ...
Judge to car jacker: "who does carry duct tape in his car?"
Car jacker: "euh ..."
Me, my thoughts, but I didn't say it: "I always have duct tape in my car" :ROFLMAO: '
(And I also had also always wire and some other tools in the car)
Obviously the judge has AAA ( road assistance) and never changed a tire in his life . Ahhaahh

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
(And I also had always wire and some other tools in the car)
I find zip ties work efficiently and quickly. Colours don't matter but gauge/length is important 😉

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
Some fancy and extremely clean tookits on this thread!

Back
Top Bottom