The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tool kit

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
OK, excuse me my ignorance, really ignorance, I admit, what is it for? I could Google, but wanted to admit here my limited knowledge of car technical stuff, because some people here in this forum over estimate it ....

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:00 PM
Reaction score

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't know this even existed, never needed one and yet looking on Ebay & Amazon right now. 🤷‍♂️
I’ve got ordinary trim removal tools but not the pliers type so may get if they are any good

Reactions: PBD

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have to admit I didn’t know some tools before being active on this forum and in the meantime I am ordering some. Often, but not always cheaper Chinese stuff, but I bought recently some Wera tools, and Knipex and some other good brand I forgot right now. Facon is indeed also a top brand.
Happy to be on this forum :love:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @DCPU. have you tried that trim removal tool yet and what’s the verdict.
No not used it in anger yet so can't really comment, other than to say it feels a fairly decent tool and the leverage is good.

I usually buy a new tool like this to do the job I've just completed but found difficult or know I had the wrong tools for; rather than the next job I need to do. So it can sit in the toolbox for a while. I don't think I'm alone on doing it this way ~ it must have a name or law named for it?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No not used it in anger yet so can't really comment, other than to say it feels a fairly decent tool and the leverage is good.

I usually buy a new tool like this to do the job I've just completed but found difficult or know I had the wrong tools for; rather than the next job I need to do. So it can sit in the toolbox for a while. I don't think I'm alone on doing it this way ~ it must have a name or law named for it?
I completely understand 👍🏼😂

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, the trick is to remember you bought the tool next time you do that job again, not struggle again, curse, decide to buy a new tool, and then finally find it as you're putting your tools away.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
Wheel nuts are 22mm (well at least the steel ones are). The wrench provided seems heavy duty enough for the task, but I find that style have a tendency to roll off the nuts when applying real force.
Did you mean 22mm? 21mm is mentioned earlier and your Wera socket is labelled 21mm.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
Hope it’s 21mm as I have the Wera 17/19/21 set, was grumpy when you had it as 22mm

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wish I could go back to edit ~ maybe admin can ~ 22mm is a mistake. My apologies ~ good job I don't read what I write of I would have ordered the wrong socket.😬

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
yeah, I didn‘t check and put my 22mm nut and the 22mm „cross“ in my holiday luggage…. But if we need we have the 21mm Ineos tool.
I will change at home, will try this one:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Save yourself money and accept the Grenadier supplied kit. I had a look at it today while checking out the bottle jack which incidentally works as advertised.

View attachment 7817731
Thing is, those tools feel as budget as you can get. I added a small Wera socket set and some Facom spanner’s along with Knipex long nose pliers, snips and a selection of tie wraps. Oh, and a roll of Duct tape. 😊
Hopefully, never need any of them.

Back
Top Bottom