The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tool kit

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:10 AM
Reaction score
Is the tool roll washable , after you get a load of old wheel bearing grease on it? 😁
You mean street cred ? Why the hell whould i wash it ? People might think i am a wannabe :) ahahahah .

But to answer the question i cannot see it being hurt from a round in the washer .

:)

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
Something i have that I can recommend is a plastic dipped 10mm for battery nut removal. I keep one in my defender incase I need to disconnect the battery

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Since i had the tools out for the oil change this seems like the best time to post them . So i tried to build a robust kit that will potentially be able to cover 90% of things i will need to do to my Gren . Any time i wrench on my gren i make it a point to use this kit . In case i need something that is not in the kit /or does not work as i want then i will add it / remove it as time goes on . This is just the tool kit no it does not contain any spares. It will only be carried on trips ( not on a daily basis , since the Gren is my daily driver ) .
The kit it is in a kind of a tool roll . Laid out looks like this :
View attachment 7819708
Each pocket has a theme to it so i know what i expect to find in there in a glimpse .
First pocket has pliers , squeeze things and cutting things (ignore the marker its just in case i need to draw a mustache on someone) :
View attachment 7819709
Second pocket is the persuader along with all the poky bits and we cannot forget the thumb detecting nut f*cker (adjustable wrench) :
View attachment 7819710
Third pocket we have sockets . I tried to find all the types on the Gren and here is what i came up with . External torx , torx , normal( hex 6 point deep and shallow ) . I know the seats are held in with tamper proof torx but I decided not to include them , they can work on normal torx also but the hole in the middle makes them more susceptible to failure so they are not included .
View attachment 7819711
Pocket 4 is everything screw related plus a tire valve stem tool ( one in the car at all times with extra valve stems , if you know you know )
View attachment 7819712
Last pocket is the miscellaneous: allen keys , test light , epoxy paste , random hose clamps and a pair of strippers.
View attachment 7819713
On the reverse side is a full set of combination spanners .
View attachment 7819714
All packed up looks like this :
View attachment 7819715

Hope it gives someone ideas . Show us your tool kit and what you have in it !!!
Nice kit.

As the PB Swiss look relatively new, can I ask where did you source since the old UK importer shut down sometime last year I think. I've been looking for some more of them but amazon and ebay ones are way over priced (and they were expensive in the beginning!)

Tks

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Something i have that I can recommend is a plastic dipped 10mm for battery nut removal. I keep one in my defender incase I need to disconnect the battery
Now that is a good idea !!! I am on it !! Thank you !!

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice kit.

As the PB Swiss look relatively new, can I ask where did you source since the old UK importer shut down sometime last year I think. I've been looking for some more of them but amazon and ebay ones are way over priced (and they were expensive in the beginning!)

Tks
yes only quality tools was a good place to buy all sort of tools sad day when they closed not sure why though, or what happened to their stock .
Most of these might look new but i had them for a few years , same as you had difficulty finding them in the uk . So what i did i found the german dealer and ordered from them essentially half the catalogue and asked them to ship everything to me . They couldn’t say no :) anything i am missing here and there i try and get off ebay or any time i travel to eu i visit a few took shops . Let me see if i can find the dealers name i used .

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
yes only quality tools was a good place to buy all sort of tools sad day when they closed not sure why though, or what happened to their stock .
Most of these might look new but i had them for a few years , same as you had difficulty finding them in the uk . So what i did i found the german dealer and ordered from them essentially half the catalogue and asked them to ship everything to me . They couldn’t say no :) anything i am missing here and there i try and get off ebay or any time i travel to eu i visit a few took shops . Let me see if i can find the dealers name i used .
Excellent. Tks Tinki 👍

Perhaps if @emax @bemax etc ever come to UK then a UK group buy (plus tax for their courier service) could materialise!!

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
CTBS, or (compulsive tool buying syndrome), common among mechanics, L/R owners, and classic car enthusiasts
I knew there was a diagnosis somewhere in there !!! Ahhaha!! But yes this is exactly what i have . Now that i know i can continue buying tools with out guilt . Its not me it’s because of my syndrome ;)

Back
Top Bottom