The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tool kit

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:23 PM
Reaction score
Ooh, jeez - one of the great debates. I prefer Milwaukee 12V to carry in the vehicle - the stubby impact will whip off a wheel nut with ease.
What torque is your Milwaukee driver

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:23 PM
Reaction score
That's a drill where I live.
My language skills are limited. But it has a torque limiter. Not a typical drill feature.

But I think it is what one uses it like. Last job I did with it was building a wall made of beams and OSB chipboard. 150 screws, no drilling. :)

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great quality. I have one in my boat, it has been perfect in every occasion and no rust at all although working in a salty environment...

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
For vehicle use on the road, I "crack" the initial torque with a breaker bar then use a 1/2" 20V brushless Aldi /Ferrex impact wrench. I also use a brushless Adli/Ferrex impact driver to screw tent pegs into rocky/compacted soil! I've given both a heavy workout ...excellent value for the "purpose":sneaky: .

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My language skills are limited. But it has a torque limiter. Not a typical drill feature.
Wasn't having a pop.

I have the DHP481 myself - had to look it up as all the various numbers can be quite confusing!

If you're driving multiple screws then it's a bit of a heavy unit - the dinky impact drivers are absolutely stunning bits of kit. Team it up with some Wera Impaktor bit holders and bits and you're off to the races.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I love the Makita stuff as well. I even have their job-site radio 😁. But even the radio is top notch. DAB, FM, perfect reception. Internet Radio and podcasts as well, WLan. Stunning sound, fat bass, if you want (equalizer). It's the DMR115
I had to buy two of these as the Mrs took the first one for her potting shed:
WP_20230513_163.jpg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I had to buy two of these as the Mrs took the first one for her potting shed:
View attachment 7811622
So I don't have to be ashamed to have bought a job-site radio. 😁

How I came to this: We had the painters for an extensive renovation in our house. The boss of the guys had a Makita radio with him and played terrible music all day (Wildecker Herzbuben and the like ... look on youtube youself o_O), which was sheer horror for me. But this terrible music was reproduced with an amazingly good sound.

So I looked at the (then) current models, and found mine. I had to buy it. And for the next three weeks, it sat hidden under my desk - until the day I had to do some work outside and used it for the first time.

My wife came out and remarked, "Nice music you have!" and took no further notice of the radio. Since then, it has been an accepted item - no questions asked ...

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
makmw001gz_111.jpg

The Makita Microwave!! around £720 in the UK

google_h_t_httpswww.tradecounterdirect.commediamakita_img_importdcm501z.jpg

Makita Coffee Maker around £70

MAKITA_DCW180Z_1.jpg

and Makita Fridge £270\ish

I just need a toaster!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
And I'm still looking for a good cordless vacuum cleaner (just to clean the stairs).

Makita has one but I don't know how loud and how efficient it is.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And I'm still looking for a good cordless vacuum cleaner (just to clean the stairs).

Makita has one but I don't know how loud and how efficient it is.
I have the small 18v Makita one, I use it for cleaning up after mounting TV's so sheetrock / plasterboard / brick dust. It works, it also does water, but it's not amazingly powerful my Dyson at home is far better for general cleaning. It is very portable and the fact it uses the same batteries as my drills and drivers is a big +

725KG_P

Back
Top Bottom