The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tool kit

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:08 PM
Reaction score
Now I’ve got tool envy. I must admit I’m a bit of sucker for tools and kit. I’ve just had a Machine Mart catalogue through door, that’ll keep me occupied for days drooling over that 😂
dont't venture over to Axminster Tools then!

My socketry is all King Dick.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
dont't venture over to Axminster Tools then!

My socketry is all King Dick.
I use Axminster for my woodwork tools and have a nice wood lathe and tools from them

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The thing is with tools and equipment I like doing things myself and not relying on other people or borrowing tools from people. I can turn my hand to most things and enjoy doing so. I also find if I buy a piece of kit for a job it often works out cheaper than employing someone to do the job. I then have that kit/tool for further jobs. Looking in the machine mart catalogue you can buy a basic sheet metal bender for around £90 if you have various brackets or parts to make up for the grenadier it may work out far cheaper to buy that than buy ready made parts. I imagine the BlackSheep bracket for the dual battery Ctek 250se would cost a pretty penny.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:08 PM
Reaction score
I dare say that Makita is currently the best manufacturer of (electric) tools that a consumer can afford. When I had tradesmen here, or in an auto repair shop, many of them used Makita. I asked them if they were satisfied with it. The answers were like so: "We change our 'Bosch Blau' tools every four years or so. But the Makita tools basically don't need to be replaced, at least not in the eight years I've had mine."

So I tried it and never regretted it.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
I'll be impressed by the first report of someone doing an actual repair on their new Grenadier with their fancy shiny toolkit 😁

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Another recommendation.

I have always had problems with electric jigsaws. They are imprecise, the cuts run away, or the saw blades break, most are quite big crap. If you buy one of these at the hardware store for 29 euros, you can save yourself the fuel, the time and the money: Something like this is only good for chopping up the Christmas tree.

After years of struggling with my own, I finally bought a Mafell P1CC (which hurt really a lot). That put an end to the horror. It is worth every penny.

I can make 45° miter cuts as straight as a pole in, for example, 40mm kitchen boards. Guided on the rail, you can often do without a table saw. It's extremely precise for curvy cuts and you can to a degree even cut metall sheets with it. So if you want to expand your Grenadier with wood, I strongly recommend this jigsaw. Our carpenter has already envied me for it.

The price seems scary. But after some ruined wooden panels or kitchen boards it gets relative.

And it's not an expense, it's an investment: I bought mine five years ago. Today, the price is over 22% higher, and used prices are almost non-existent because no one sells it.

I would call it a value investment.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I'll be impressed by the first report of someone doing an actual repair on their new Grenadier with their fancy shiny toolkit 😁
I'll be impressed if I don't have to use my fancy shiny tools for the Grenadier.

Having is better than needing.

BTW: My wife never understood that a new tool must be on my lap while we're watching TV.
And she still does not understand that it then must as well be on my nightstand for a night or two.

Women.

🙃

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
BTW: My wife never understood that a new tool must be on my lap while we're watching TV.
And she still does not understand that it then must as well be on my nightstand for a night or two.
Just added to the list of strange fetishes I've encountered in 4 decades as a Dr 😉

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll be impressed if I don't have to use my fancy shiny tools for the Grenadier.

Having is better than needing.

Women.

🙃
A tool with a torch is most important on the night stand... 😎

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Someone showed their Wera wrench set here a while ago, after seeing that I went deep, deep down the Wera rabbit hole. If you bide your time and know your product there are amazing deals to be had on Amazon.
If you keep an eye on Mektronics they have good discounts periodically…

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I dare say that Makita is currently the best manufacturer of (electric) tools that a consumer can afford. When I had tradesmen here, or in an auto repair shop, many of them used Makita. I asked them if they were satisfied with it. The answers were like so: "We change our 'Bosch Blau' tools every four years or so. But the Makita tools basically don't need to be replaced, at least not in the eight years I've had mine."

So I tried it and never regretted it.
Ooh, jeez - one of the great debates. I prefer Milwaukee 12V to carry in the vehicle - the stubby impact will whip off a wheel nut with ease.

Back
Top Bottom