The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tool kit

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
For wheels, battery, winch bumper, panel screws, cargo devider, and pliers for everything else. Seems to be the cheapest tools Ineos could find. I think they should have done better. Or they presume the Grenadier buyer has a complete toolkit at home anyway.
Thank you, Jean.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
Thank you my friend ! NOthjnig wrong with spanish tools , Acesa makes some good tools , even made snap on eurotools undre lisence for a few moons. ( I know we all hoped for fancy german tools but i think this is good also ) Despite that i bet the majority of people already have tool boxes / rolls they will get in the car anyway on longer trips . I am a total tool snob but car companies everywhere have lowered the bar so much that even the inclusion of a " tool kit " makes me happy . ahhaha

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Somewhere in the beginning of this thread there is also a picture of the tools, but this is what I got in my production car, and it isn't clear if the bag is Spanish or also the tools!
View attachment 7805021
One step up from a Gerber and Swiss Army Knife, except no tool for "taking a boy scout out of horses hooves"

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now that people are starting to get their Grenadiers, do we know yet what specific tools may be needed for maintenance of the Grenadier. I notice @DCPU mentioned size 30 + 40 star drives, it would be useful to compile a list of tools required that come outside the scope of the average tool set, such as over size sockets and spanners etc.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I should have added that there's a T40 key in the Ineos toolkit, why that one and not the T30 for the bumper wing ends, or the T25 to remove the wing air intake...:

WP_20230512_066.jpg
Wheel nuts are 22mm (well at least the steel ones are). The wrench provided seems heavy duty enough for the task, but I find that style have a tendency to roll off the nuts when applying real force.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Are they referred to as torx bits?
I may invest in a 1/2” impact nut driver. I already have Makita kit so probably will get a Makita 18v impact wrench to suit the batteries I already have. Do you have any clue what torque I would need

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Are they referred to as torx bits?
I may invest in a 1/2” impact nut driver. I already have Makita kit so probably will get a Makita 18v impact wrench to suit the batteries I already have. Do you have any clue what torque I would need
When you say referred to - where? It's what they are, albeit, I think there are subtle differences with tool heads, naming, etc.

What are you wanting an impact wrench for? Ones big enough to handle wheel nuts, chassis cross member nuts, etc, are quite expensive and will spend alot of time sat on a shelf/in a drawer. A long 1/2" breaker bar would be my first investment, if I was starting from nothing.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When you say referred to - where? It's what they are, albeit, I think there are subtle differences with tool heads, naming, etc.

What are you wanting an impact wrench for? Ones big enough to handle wheel nuts, chassis cross member nuts, etc, are quite expensive and will spend alot of time sat on a shelf/in a drawer. A long 1/2" breaker bar would be my first investment, if I was starting from nothing.
I always seem to hurt my back with wheel nuts even with a breaker bar. Maybe I’ll try a longer one

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I always seem to hurt my back with wheel nuts even with a breaker bar. Maybe I’ll try a longer one
A length of scaffold pole or some stainless steam pipe helps; although there will be times that this may cause catastrophic failure to the breaker bar bolt.

If you've already invested in the Makita 18v platform, then the DTW1002 would be my prime selection - with 1600Nm of nut-busting torque:

* I have to declare to being a bit of a Makita fanboy.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I should have added that there's a T40 key in the Ineos toolkit, why that one and not the T30 for the bumper wing ends, or the T25 to remove the wing air intake...:

View attachment 7811405
Wheel nuts are 22mm (well at least the steel ones are). The wrench provided seems heavy duty enough for the task, but I find that style have a tendency to roll off the nuts when applying real force.
I have a 6 sided long reach socket from Halfords onto a long handled torque wrench, no slippage. I just checked the manual for the torque setting and it says 160 NM or as near as dam it 120 ft lbs, which is lucky because that's what I tightened mine up to😎

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have yet to check my wheel nuts for torque - I'm still in shock at how small they look...closer to my Smart than the old Defender.

What are you using to undo them?

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have yet to check my wheel nuts for torque - I'm still in shock at how small they look...closer to my Smart than the old Defender.

What are you using to undo them?
Long bar with an extension and same socket. I will change all the nuts to capped ones soon, I just have to source a better set of locking nuts to match. The Ineos ones are rubbish!

Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
For the little things I bought this set:

View attachment 7811411
For the other, bigger work I have a complete set of tools in my Defender and may transfer some to the Grenadier
LOVE my Wera. It's an addiction. Here in the US, we have a few online stores located stateside (and also Amazon Germany, etc).

Anyhow, every year I get their advent calendar. Last year it sold out before I could snag one. Luck have it, I had a trip planned for Oktoberfest with travel also planned to Koln, Frankfurt, and Stuttgart. I was able to place an order on Amazon to have it shipped to my hotel in Frankfurt.

Great to know about the auto set.

Too bad we can't get stuff direct in the US from https://toolrebels.de/

Edit:. I checked thisset on the store, KC Tools on the Wera Automotive 1 set theirs is $125 vs. $90 Amazon Germany (both shipped to the US).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom