The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tech Specs

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:14 PM
Reaction score
I do not need a higher speed. The revs however are a concern.

I hope, the highest gear is kind of an overdrive for constant cruising. Shouldn't be a big sacrifice with an eight-gear transmission, I guess.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
There hasn't been a lot of information about the brakes. This is a very heavy vehicle and stopping it from 130kmh in an emergency is going to take some good braking capacity. 

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
The Brembo system will be very effective. It has to stop a fully loaded vehicle, and pass safety standards in many countries.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:14 PM
Reaction score
The reason why they can't mount 16" rims is that the brakes are too big. So I guess this is not a bottleneck.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Tazzieman said:
The Brembo system will be very effective. It has to stop a fully loaded vehicle, and pass safety standards in many countries.
One of the things that impressed me is that they are using components from companies like Brembo & Recaro etc.  

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
emax said:
The reason why they can't mount 16" rims is that the brakes are too big. So I guess this is not a bottleneck.
Yes 16" steelies would be a good option. I have selected 17" steel rims with BF Goodrich tyres as a starting point. 

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
Tazzieman said:

Do we have confirmation that brakes are by Brembo?  I know Ineos has been taking a best-of-breed approach to parts, but hadn't yet seen anything naming the braking provider.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:14 PM
Reaction score
d1rty said:
Do we have confirmation that brakes are by Brembo?  I know Ineos has been taking a best-of-breed approach to parts, but hadn't yet seen anything naming the braking provider.
 yeah we do

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Great spot and great news.  This thing really is the best of breed.  At this point I hope they don't over reach on pricing.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
d1rty said:
Great spot and great news.  This thing really is the best of breed.  At this point I hope they don't over reach on pricing.

I think the term for that has to be "Doing a Rivian!"

??

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
d1rty said:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I've attached the rest of the document.

PL1

Local time
Reaction score
One of the most interesting supplies that I didn't know about is , Eaton - Front & Rear diff locks. 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I saw one expert reviewer who said "I hope the dif locks don't come from Eaton" .  I have not decided 100% if I will get them has anyone heard of any issues/problems?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
DaveB said:
I saw on expert reviewer who said "I hope the dif locks don't come from Eaton" .  I have not decided 100% if I will get them has anyone heard of any issues/problems?

Nothing wrong with eaton lockers. You'll hear opinions on all makes, but in reality they all throw a few bad ones here and there. I'll be 100% getting them as it's so much easier to spec them from factory and have them warrantied, as opposed to fitting aftermarket and affecting the rest of the diff warranty 

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
More great stuff in there beyond Brembo brakes and Eaton lockers:

Eibach springs
Bilstein dampers
Spicer/Dana driveshafts

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes that document is great and tipped me over the edge to reserve one. 
My wife just came into my office and told me she wants a black roof instead of the white one I had chosen. 
She just worked through the configurator with me and can't wait for a test drive

Local time
Reaction score
DaveB said:
Yes that document is great and tipped me over the edge to reserve one. 
My wife just came into my office and told me she wants a black roof instead of the white one I had chosen. 
She just worked through the configurator with me and can't wait for a test drive

where do you live? Anywhere with heat/intense sun your roof is going to act as a large heat absorber if black. Imagine that’s why so many IGs and LRs in the past had white roofs. 

Back
Top Bottom