The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sticking door handle button?

Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
I've had my Grenadier since Dec'23, have the same problem and its occurred on all the doors. I move the button back and forth to unstick. I had hoped that wear over time would lessen the issue, but that isn't the case. Seems to happen more frequently when the weather changes. Dealer (Danbury) suggested a dry lubricant but haven't tried it yet.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
OK - I just dropped mine off at Knauz Ineos (Chicago area) and they’re going to hit it with graphite - but as I mentioned, I haven’t noticed sticking in the last month or so - it kind of seemed to “break in” after a few months, but I’ll be interested to see what happens after the graphite and the weather starts to change

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Probably around four months. Occasionally the front would stick, then a weekend of the rear doors sticking every single time. Then perfect ever since. Now 6-months of ownership.
Last week (Aug. 7-9) I need to drive people around from work and the rear door button stuck every day. It was extremely wet (humidity & rain). Didn’t stick at all over the weekend.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
OK - I just dropped mine off at Knauz Ineos (Chicago area) and they’re going to hit it with graphite - but as I mentioned, I haven’t noticed sticking in the last month or so - it kind of seemed to “break in” after a few months, but I’ll be interested to see what happens after the graphite and the weather starts to change
There's a TSB for this.. see in the Resources section and have them follow the TSB. Had the same problem with right rear door and they did the same temporary fix that worked for a while.... I'll have the problematic door button replaced next service.

STATEFARMer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
I had it happen today.... 3 out of 4 doors at the same time! - Taking my family to lunch, and everyone got in - and each door did the same thing....2 back doors and my drivers door. Mines is February delivery with 6,000 miles on it in Southern California. I notice it is almost always after i detail it ... so the car wash is my common thread. Power sprayer is my theory.... something about the water getting in there..... will call dealer tomorrow. also noticed my door seals are all pulling away from the metal...

BUT - doesn't faze me - i am still a happy owner!

STATEFARMer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
Research rewarded.... IT IS THE CAR WASH. Every time i go to the car-wash for the next 2-3 days i get the button sticking issue.... on all 5 doors. Moving forward i will work hard not to spray the handle, but we'll see.

airbrake60

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We are experiencing the sticking/interference on the passenger rear door. Going to shoot some silcone spray in tomorrow. Ive also noticed that the passenger door needs to be slammed pretty hard if you want the latch to completely catch. (reminds me of the old days when you tried slamming the door on a beetle with all the windows up) Nothing major.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
Ive also noticed that the passenger door needs to be slammed pretty hard if you want the latch to completely catch. (reminds me of the old days when you tried slamming the door on a beetle with all the windows up) Nothing major.
Just an adjustment methinks. 2 bolts, but it takes a bit of confidence to get it spot on.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
We are experiencing the sticking/interference on the passenger rear door. Going to shoot some silcone spray in tomorrow. Ive also noticed that the passenger door needs to be slammed pretty hard if you want the latch to completely catch. (reminds me of the old days when you tried slamming the door on a beetle with all the windows up) Nothing major.
The outer door seals need to be repositioned. Try this test. Leave open the rear door and slam the door with the issue. Does it close properly? If the answer is yes then it’s the seal. If the door still needs slamming then latch. But also check the door gaps to see if the door alignment is good and flush.

Back
Top Bottom