The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Leaking Safari Roof and Door Seals Flooding The Car And other Leaks and Problems

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:01 AM
Reaction score
Simple answer is yes with heavy rain.
Mine filled up the gap between the inner and outer sills which then overflowed into the cabin. A layer of water across the whole floor.
Thank you for the mutual support 👍🏼
Sad we both have same issue and local weather,
I’m going to go for a personal attempt at resticking the seal. 🤞🏽

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
Thank you for the mutual support 👍🏼
Sad we both have same issue and local weather,
I’m going to go for a personal attempt at resticking the seal. 🤞🏽
Mine is booked in next week for new seals on all doors. They are all coming unstuck in a similar place where they have curved the seal tightly.

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am due to collect my beastie next weekend. This does scare me a little bit. The dealer has told me a number of rectification procedures need to be carried out and these have all been done over the past week. He will go through them all with me when I collect.

I know that Ineos were replicating the Defender with this vehicle, and all this reminds me of the 110 I had which actually came with an additional manual called "Defender Water Ingress - Service Rectification Procedures".

Firstly it sets out the 11 *known* sources of water ingression and then details how to fix them. Quite incredible that a new vehicle would be delivered in this condition! I wonder if Ineos have gone a bit too close...! For those interested, the manual can be found here. State of the art reprographics throughout...

The new LR Discovery 5 has a known reputation for dowsing the driver's right arm and all the door electrical switchgear with rainwater if you open the window after it's been sitting in a heavy shower... Seems humankind can do a trip to the moon, but not seal a car door.. :)

Best of luck nodric - I hope you can come back and tell us once it's all sorted.
Yes seemingly Sir Jim did a great job as I had both Lottie (D90) and Shitake doing the “doors open let the wind dry everything out” Routine yesterday 😆😆😆

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can say from experience that it is only due to the loose seal. I had it once last summer. I looked at the seal and some parts of them were no longer glued on. I fixed them with 3M Power Tape. Nothing has happened since then. The punching out that INEOS and the dealers do does not eliminate the cause. That's why I specifically told my dealer not to follow INEOS' instructions and cut out the seal. Then I'll get uncomfortable.
Thanks rovie I remember you mentioning this. I was just hoping to be able to heat and restick but this is failing so far. Will look out for some of the 3M power tape 💪🏼👍🏼

Icgreen3

Production/Transit
Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
This would drive me mad. Sorry to hear about all the issues. I have safari windows and have not had leaks. I also noticed that my lower door seals have holes punched in them to avoid water collection perhaps during the dealer prep process?
Chad going to look at one today do you mind sending a photo of what those holes look like?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The factory cuts I’ve seen are a similar size to the above images but they were semi circles on the ones I’ve seen. More aesthetic in my opinion but still undesirable, and WAY bigger than a whole punch hole!
Edit
To be honest I’m pretty sure these were a dealer “fix” but as per the instruction document that is posted somewhere here.

Last edited:

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So my most recent attempt at a door seal fix with 3M BGB tape at three locations was an utter failure 😞
My dealer is now ordering in new replacements so it hopefully gets resolved soon 🤞🏽😁

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
Welcome to the club of Ineos doesn’t care. And the dealer network needs work.
I’m glad I didn’t get safari roof glass. But my A/C leaks, my truck fails to start, the door handles don’t work well, the software is clunky for sure,

I’ve gotten nowhere with ineos. There is Zero urgency to resolve issues.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The post literally above you says he tried to fix it himself with no success and that the dealer is ordering the parts to repair it... That certainly sounds like his dealer network is working :)

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m glad I didn’t get safari roof glass. But my A/C leaks, my truck fails to start, the door handles don’t work well, the software is clunky for sure,

I’ve gotten nowhere with ineos. There is Zero urgency to resolve issues.
Absolutely no complaints about my dealer. They have been both supportive and honest about parts supply etc. (sadly Aus are the main parts distribution centre and initially the whole infrastructure was under early pressure as a new company)
I am “lucky” enough to be 2.5-3 hours from my dealer and have had endless trips before with my JLR “project”. So all manufacturers seem the same to me 🙄
“You should have bought a Toyota” doesn’t sit well with my stubborn and individual personality 😆
I’m very happy so far but seriously feel for others who are trying to live busy lives around their less than dependable work vehicle! 😞

Back
Top Bottom