The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bad week of ownership

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
Would I be incorrect is saying, that when you bought the car, a brand new model from a brand new company, you lived on an island in a large sparsely populated country, with two dealers, neither local, no local service centers and no repair manuals?

I understand what you feel shouldn't be happening and these issues do suck, but, ignoring the specifics because you can't predict the exact future, under these circumstances you really didn't prepare for any of this as if something was an eventuality?
Right cause standard operating equipment like auto start stop should just not work when in every bmw it works fine. Yeah ok bud

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
If that’s your thing, that’s cool. But here’s mine. I get in and out 100’s of times a day. I don’t want a pre flight routine to drive my car. I don’t have one with any other vehicle I own. I get in them and I drive.

With this Grenadier its
Get in
Start truck
Turn of Auto Start/Stop
Turn off ASDS sometimes Fav works sometimes it doesn’t
Cycle through “service over due”
Than drive iff

Franklyn IT’s FUCKING RIDICULOUS!

My M2, Get In DRIVE
MY M4 Get In DRIVE
MY Mini Paceman Get In DRIVE
MY R1250GSA Get On DRIVE
MY RNineT Get On DRIVE
My Lawn Tractor Get On DRIVE

In what world should I have to shut off features to make my vehicle safe to drive?
The Auto Start Stop should not need to be disabled so that it fails to start and cause an accident.

Why is it everyone that own one of these trucks seems so happy to accept a pre flight routine.

This isn’t my Float plane, I shouldn’t have to do an entire pre flight just to drive off.
Clearly you should never have purchased the vehicle for 100's of variance reasons particular to yourself and your use case.

Assuming you work a long 12 hour day, that is 720 minutes.
Even if you only get in or out 100 times a day that is every 7.2 minutes.
If it was 100 or 200 you would generally not use the term 100's, it would be 100 or a couple of hundred.
So let's assume at least 300 times.
Every 2.4 minutes you get in or out of the vehicle.

Based on this you could only drive a maximum of about 15 kms every hour if you really pushed it.
Depending on how long you are out of the vehicle for.

Unless you are hand delivering the local mail that is not very productive.

Once again an assumption, but I would think you must be doing this in an offroad situation, so why not just leave the engine running?
Hit off road mode cancels a lot of functions

With the float plane and all the other vehicles you own you are obviously doing well financially.
Seems to me if you sell a few of them you could easily afford a chauffeur, which would solve the problem.

Clearly you would drink less and drive more if you sold the vehicle and purchased something more suited to your unique use case.

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Clearly you should never have purchased the vehicle for 100's of variance reasons particular to yourself and your use case.

If it was 100 or 200 you would generally not use the term 100's, it would be 100 or a couple of hundred.

Based on this you could only drive a maximum of about 15 kms every hour if you really pushed it.

Once again an assumption, but I would think you must be doing this in an offroad situation, so why not just leave the engine running?

With the float plane and all the other vehicles you own you are obviously doing well financially.
Seems to me if you sell a few of them you could easily afford a chauffeur, which would solve the problem.

Clearly you would drink less and drive more if you sold the vehicle and purchased something more suited to your unique use case.
Dude, I’m an airport falconer, I spend my time driving around airfields flying falcon, over vineyards flying falcons, over food crops flying falcons. We drive and move a lot! Don’t tell me what I’d do or don’t do. It’s obvious you’ve all got your “acceptable” stupidity tolerance. So do I but this truck is behaving stupidly for no reason that should. I purchased what was supposed to be a rugged useable work truck since my 3 year old gladiator had 200 000km and was wore out. So before you start telling me what I do or how many times I do it, maybe ask before leaping to your own forgone conclusion. Just because I make money, doesn’t mean I want a chauffeur. I work for my money. FFs

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score

And as a follow up just so I understand you. And what you’re telling me.

I shouldn’t have purchased a vehicle marketed and sold to me as rugged, user serviceable, and capable. I should have purchased something else.

Because a grenadier should be a weekend only garage queen?

Is that what you’re saying? I’m truly curious what you think this vehicle is supposed to be?

Should it be like my dads 68 Cutlass that only comes out on Sundays with blue skies?

Who in the world buys these trucks? People who go to the grocery store?

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
Dude, I’m an airport falconer, I spend my time driving around airfields flying falcon, over vineyards flying falcons, over food crops flying falcons. We drive and move a lot! Don’t tell me what I’d do or don’t do. It’s obvious you’ve all got your “acceptable” stupidity tolerance. So do I but this truck is behaving stupidly for no reason that should. I purchased what was supposed to be a rugged useable work truck since my 3 year old gladiator had 200 000km and was wore out. So before you start telling me what I do or how many times I do it, maybe ask before leaping to your own forgone conclusion. Just because I make money, doesn’t mean I want a chauffeur. I work for my money. FFs
Many of us work for our money.

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Many of us work for our money.
Well as per Dave I’m a silver spoon rich kid who has too many nice things and should pay shit wages and take advantage of people and have them drive me around as a cheuffeur. I guess working for a living and having nice things aren’t compatible with Grenadier ownership.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
I agree that these vehicles are/can be a handful but I knew the job was dangerous when I took it as did everyone in North America. I'm sorry yours has issues but my real sympathies lie with the 1st year buyers. They were the real guinea pigs.

Respectfully, you should probably set a date after which you should move on if the vehicle isn't acceptable.

Oh, @DaveB That couldn't have been a real Thunderbirds clip. I didn't see a single string!

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why is it everyone that own one of these trucks seems so happy to accept a pre flight routine.

You’re not alone. It’s stupid that this feature was not implemented as a driver preference.

It’s unfortunate the start-stop feature is exposed with what *could* have been a toggle switch (mechanically “remembering” one’s preference) but instead the same amount of space was used for a momentary push button and software controlled, software-reset LED. 🤦🏻‍♂️

JP4

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I have developed a similar startup routine that I had for last 5 years in my Mercedes.
In Mercedes case it was
  1. Key in ignition and start the vehicle.
  2. Gearbox to sport mode
  3. Suspension to dynamic mode
  4. Parking sensors off
  5. Stop Start off.
In Grenadier it is easier
  1. Key in ignition and start the vehicle
  2. Parking sensors off (front is permanently off)
  3. Stop start off
Two steps less to do so my life is easier in the Grenadier.
U forgot #4. Speed sensor shut off

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And as a follow up just so I understand you. And what you’re telling me.

I shouldn’t have purchased a vehicle marketed and sold to me as rugged, user serviceable, and capable. I should have purchased something else.

Because a grenadier should be a weekend only garage queen?

Is that what you’re saying? I’m truly curious what you think this vehicle is supposed to be?

Should it be like my dads 68 Cutlass that only comes out on Sundays with blue skies?

Who in the world buys these trucks? People who go to the grocery store?
Absolutely not.
What I am saying is we all make purchases that we later regret.
Usually we either put them down the back of the shed or replace them.
You made a purchase which didn't work out the way you wanted.
Sell it and move on.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree that these vehicles are/can be a handful but I knew the job was dangerous when I took it as did everyone in North America. I'm sorry yours has issues but my real sympathies lie with the 1st year buyers. They were the real guinea pigs.

Respectfully, you should probably set a date after which you should move on if the vehicle isn't acceptable.

Oh, @DaveB That couldn't have been a real Thunderbirds clip. I didn't see a single string!
Yes, that used to crack me up that you could see the strings
But then again it was 55 years ago

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Absolutely not.
What I am saying is we all make purchases that we later regret.
Usually we either put them down the back of the shed or replace them.
You made a purchase which didn't work out the way you wanted.
Sell it and move on.
Oh yeah let’s take a total bath on a new truck. I’m not that stupid Dave. You do you bud. I intend to get this thing resolved. But whatever you like, just because I have the means doesn’t mean I’ll take a bath because ineos has convinced folks like you to accept crap. I intend to get crap resolved. But again I’m not a Sunday driver that takes my off road rig to the shopping mall.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh yeah let’s take a total bath on a new truck. I’m not that stupid Dave. You do you bud. I intend to get this thing resolved. But whatever you like, just because I have the means doesn’t mean I’ll take a bath because ineos has convinced folks like you to accept crap. I intend to get crap resolved. But again I’m not a Sunday driver that takes my off road rig to the shopping mall.
I truly wish you the best of luck getting your issues resolved.

My vehicle is also my work truck having done 18,000 kms in the last 8 months and 90% of those for work.
I rarely go to the mall if I can avoid it, I order my groceries online for home delivery, or my wife does the shopping.

I also rarely drive on Sundays as I live in paradise and like to rest and enjoy friends and family, particularly on Sundays.

Thankfully we didn't get that stupid ADAS system, which I believe is compulsory in Europe and was asked for by Ineos US (probably not as stupid as they got ).
It is now fitted to Australian deliveries sadly.

Just don't end up all bitter and twisted, like the people who demand Ineos change the front end to independent suspension and rack and pinion steering.
Under warranty!!

Local time
Reaction score
Would I be incorrect is saying, that when you bought the car, a brand new model from a brand new company, you lived on an island in a large sparsely populated country, with two dealers, neither local, no local service centers and no repair manuals?

I understand what you feel shouldn't be happening and these issues do suck, but, ignoring the specifics because you can't predict the exact future, under these circumstances you really didn't prepare for any of this as if something was an eventuality?
Agree with your post now (vs a year+ ago) but should people that live in remote areas need to look at more reliable brands? I know that sounds snarky but I thought it was “purpose built” for the back country adventurer.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
Well it’s been 5 days of “Well this sucks”
Since Monday this week

1 My A/C is now dripping all over the driver and passenger floor and it’s only mid 20C
2 My rear Door Handle Broke
3 My Rear Passenger door handles both jammed.
4 My Auto Start stop now “Stops” but won’t “Start”
5 My Drivers Side Door Seal decided to come off 2/3 of the way around.

Just a frustrating week all wrapped in to one. Doesn’t help that the rear door handle broke when I had an eagle in the back. And of course the access to the bird enclosure was facing backwards. No pliers or vice grips on hand!

Anyway just another week with Grenadier 1.0 and a Dealership that doesn’t return calls or seem to care.

Happy Canada day gang!
Wow. I don’t know what to say. Time to call it a lemon and the dealer gives you a new one.

Back
Top Bottom