The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Stereo bass causes buzzing noise in roof/headliner?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
I've noticed that when I play music with some bass/beat, there is a buzzing I hear above my head in the roof. If I press up against the headliner, it seems to alleviate the buzzing sound. I enjoy classical and soft music too, but occasionally like to listen music with some bass. Anyone else have this issue? Any remedy to it? I'm on the fence about telling the dealer to troubleshoot on my next visit because I don't want them to pull off the safari roof trim while investigating and possibly introduce leak issues (so far no leaks and want to keep it that way). Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
Maybe a loose clip in the headliner or the wiring harness in the overhead panel. Does it go away when you put your hand on the headliner? Can you locate the spot?

Did you add small subwoofer? This guys’ roof buzzes a little too :) check out minute 1:45

View: https://youtu.be/HQkHI92ICaE?si=a27UYOY3P0W62RSr
Hahahah! I have the stereo upgrade option but did not add anything else. The buzzing goes away when I press up against the headliner, but not when I press the round clips. The clips seem secure.

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:31 AM
Reaction score
I had a similar issue and just adjusted the subwoofer. You can do it either through the head unit or turn the volume down on the subwoofer itself..

Back
Top Bottom