The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Steering improvement with more positive caster?

Local time
2:01 AM
Reaction score
What does heavy duty mean? Is there an engineering formula to use to be graded “heavy duty”?

And LandCruiser. What does that mean? An LX 600 doesn’t have any of the features of my fj40, But you tell me that’s a Landcruiser when it’s not labeled a LandCruiser, so I guess the fj40 isn’t a LandCruiser even though it’s the original LandCruiser? What about my fj60 and 62? They are defiantly slower, lighter, and have less payload than a new LandCruiser. My 100 most defile NOT LandCruiser in the eyes of LandCruiser fanatics when I bought it. Back then NO LandCruiser could have IFS. It’s WEAK.

It’s marketing. And it’s not just that. You are telling me YOUR view of the marketing.

I shopped these two because their specifications fit in the parameters I’m shopping for, they are that similar. They both have versions that meet all the capability numbers, so it came down to wanting barn doors on the back, the defender ish shape, the red frame, and exclusivity.

And I ignored what doesn’t happen to “landcruisers”, and that’s about every single complaint in this forum.

The LC is a better truck. It’s a better design from a company with a history of reliability and durability. I just like the Grenadier. And because personal cars are a marketing luxury to humanity, that’s really all that matters to me. (I see your million miles, raise it with 8 owned, and still have 4)

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:01 AM
Reaction score
The LC is a better truck. It’s a better design from a company with a history of reliability and durability. I just like the Grenadier.
As much as I hate to admit it; I agree with every part of this statement, including the last sentence.

And I've owned every series of Land Cruiser (as well as the GX470 and 460) except the 60 and the 100.
Still own a 200, 55, and two 70 series.

PS: It could be argued that "real Land Cruisers" (depending on how one defines it) ended when the 60 changed to the 62.

Reactions: Max
Back
Top Bottom