The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
Great kit. Not experienced the software glitches yet but some will occur. Not surprising given it’s all new etc. Got used to self centring the steering after a few miles but had a LR 110 years ago so memory May have helped. Overall very pleased.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I may have missed that but does anyone, by chance, keep some sort of list to check at takeover? If not, it might make sense to start a thread to just collect all these items.
I’m sure one of our Belgian or German colleagues left a helpful check list on here.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So
After 2200 miles (750 miles in one day) I am loving the car. I have no idea what the supposed steering issues are outside of a wide turning circle. The footrest has caused me no issues although I would prefer it to be narrower thus allowing me to comfortably stretch out my left leg occasionally.
Once software update clears the spurious alarms along with rogue PDC warnings and the annoying ’bong’ every time I move off from stationary. And my front diff is made to work. There should be nothing to complain about and I can look to improvements such as better USB positioning etc.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score
So
After 2200 miles (750 miles in one day) I am loving the car. I have no idea what the supposed steering issues are outside of a wide turning circle. The footrest has caused me no issues although I would prefer it to be narrower thus allowing me to comfortably stretch out my left leg occasionally.
Once software update clears the spurious alarms along with rogue PDC warnings and the annoying ’bong’ every time I move off from stationary. And my front diff is made to work. There should be nothing to complain about and I can look to improvements such as better USB positioning etc.
Have you checked what your speed warning is set to? Someone found it was set at 15 km/h and that was why they had the "takeoff bong". Apologies if it was you and it's not changeable!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Once software update clears the spurious alarms along with rogue PDC warnings and the annoying ’bong’ every time I move off from stationary.
You'll miss them!
Sad Fight GIF by Top Rank Boxing

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
I’m sure one of our Belgian or German colleagues left a helpful check list on here.
here the list - indeed I have also copied it a while ago as I find it very useful. I do not recall who compiled that list.
  1. Order: Does the car match the order?
  2. Inside: Check for transport paper in the car to preserve arrival date at transport company.
  3. Check for "transfer box" notes in the car
  4. Check ODO distance.
  5. Check for trim gaps in general and in particular at B-pillar and covers in front of the seats.
  6. Check for scratched plastic parts in general.
  7. Are there any bent or distorted plastic parts?
  8. Check for scratched door sills.
  9. Outside: Check for paint scratches.
  10. Are the recesses behind the door handles scratched?
  11. Check for scratched plastic, e.g. of the spare-wheel cover/box, bumpers etc.
  12. Check for damages of the door edges (e.g. from recklessly opening them and touching neighpor cars)
  13. Check towing plate for damages (damaged power coating)
  14. Is the ladder scratched (e.g. from climbing it with dirty boots)?
  15. Is there any rust around the wheel centers
  16. All dust caps are mounted on the tire valves?
  17. Accessories: Bag for safari windows
  18. Hydraulic Jack,
  19. Tools under passenger seat including hydraulic jack lever extensions
  20. First aid box
  21. Warning vest
  22. Warning triangle

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you checked what your speed warning is set to? Someone found it was set at 15 km/h and that was why they had the "takeoff bong". Apologies if it was you and it's not changeable!
Thanks Bruce. Will check that out and get back.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
here the list - indeed I have also copied it a while ago as I find it very useful. I do not recall who compiled that list.
  1. Order: Does the car match the order?
  2. Inside: Check for transport paper in the car to preserve arrival date at transport company.
  3. Check for "transfer box" notes in the car
  4. Check ODO distance.
  5. Check for trim gaps in general and in particular at B-pillar and covers in front of the seats.
  6. Check for scratched plastic parts in general.
  7. Are there any bent or distorted plastic parts?
  8. Check for scratched door sills.
  9. Outside: Check for paint scratches.
  10. Are the recesses behind the door handles scratched?
  11. Check for scratched plastic, e.g. of the spare-wheel cover/box, bumpers etc.
  12. Check for damages of the door edges (e.g. from recklessly opening them and touching neighpor cars)
  13. Check towing plate for damages (damaged power coating)
  14. Is the ladder scratched (e.g. from climbing it with dirty boots)?
  15. Is there any rust around the wheel centers
  16. All dust caps are mounted on the tire valves?
  17. Accessories: Bag for safari windows
  18. Hydraulic Jack,
  19. Tools under passenger seat including hydraulic jack lever extensions
  20. First aid box
  21. Warning vest
  22. Warning triangle
This is the list I have put together for me from reading the forum.
Grenadier Delivery Checks

• rubber seals around doors
  • Aircon working
  • stoppers on seat rails
  • Paint and dings and interior trim gaps
  • Wheel arch trims correctly assembled
  • Wires under car
  • Roof strips present and firmly attached
  • Rear door lock aligned properly
  • Jack - check that it is operational and intact
  • Various hoses rubbing
  • wipers

Oscar01

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
Well, they finally delivered mine, a Utility Wagon, diesel, 5 seats, with almost all the extras, they delivered it to me on 13/06/2023, the delivery was very good, Royal Crown is a very serious and professional company, besides, they gave me the car full of diesel.

They warned me that the car would probably have some software bug´s, which I knew thanks to this forum, but not to worry that when I was going to mount the tailgate table and the two roof bars that were not yet, the software update would be done.

And promise kept, the next day the bugs in the central screen appeared, and one more while driving.

sHOuva.jpg

It stayed in engine protection mode, wouldn't let me go above 1500 rpm, although it did let me get to my destination.

So, unless I missed something on the forum, I think I had the “honour” of being the first to use the technical support service, on 15/06/2023.

The service is based in France, but they speak English no problem, and fortunately, also in Spanish, they confirmed that I was the first, they had to check the policy, but in no time they sent me the tow truck.
7E1yUE.jpg

It is very sad to see the car in a tow truck.

By the way, another thing, which I reported to INEOS; is that the morning of the 15th when the tow truck came, I took the car out of the garage, and almost did not climb the garage ramp, the engine was limited to 1,500 rpm, but the engine failure light was not on, even so undoubtedly the system was in engine failure, this is something that necessarily have to check.

I have to say that, as it could not be otherwise, the treatment of both Ineos Automotive Iberia and the Royal Crown dealer has been very professional.

The fault was an intake sensor, in a couple of days they returned the car, which I have used every day since then, and I have even made a long trip of 1,178 km in the day, without any problems, except for the bugs already mentioned in the forum by other users, mainly “transmission failure”, which is currently the only one that appears sometimes when starting up in the morning, but disappears immediately..

For those who say it handles badly.

xPlQwc.jpg

It's true, it's not very manoeuvrable, I really thought the first day that I wouldn't be able to park it without getting on top of my wife's car,... but nowadays it's not a problem, if anything, I do one or two more manoeuvres than with my Mercedes V-Class.

As there is already a lot of good information and opinions in the forum, I'm going to highlight only the most striking ones, for me of course.

Kaoywm.jpg

- There is almost no storage space in the cabin.

- I can't explain why there is no grab handle on the driver's side, when I can I will see if I can fit the passenger grab handle from the LHD model.

- The side mirrors, especially the left one, don't cover the area as well as they should.

- The folding handle on the driver's side roof is totally useless, I hope some accessory manufacturer will come up with a glasses holder to fit it here.

- The climate control doesn't deserve to be called that, its operation is, to be kind, erratic.

- They could have put a light in the centre console to see what's inside, but then again, when you consider how they've placed the USBs inside, they might as well not add anything else.

- And as someone else also said, I don't know how they could have passed the key fob approval, because the lock and unlock symbols are pretty much the same.

By the way, I have double battery electric preparation, and activating the switch of the second battery, the power socket in the boot stays connected even when the engine stops, it comes in handy for the fridge.

I am delighted with the car, in the absence of testing it in the field, which unfortunately still take time, I think I made a great purchase, provided that:

- They solve the software BUGS soon.

- Fulfil their promise to publish the complete manual so that we can work freely on our cars.

The car handles on the highway very well, when you get the hang of the steering it is very reliable, and I found the seat to be very comfortable.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, they finally delivered mine, a Utility Wagon, diesel, 5 seats, with almost all the extras, they delivered it to me on 13/06/2023, the delivery was very good, Royal Crown is a very serious and professional company, besides, they gave me the car full of diesel.

They warned me that the car would probably have some software bug´s, which I knew thanks to this forum, but not to worry that when I was going to mount the tailgate table and the two roof bars that were not yet, the software update would be done.

And promise kept, the next day the bugs in the central screen appeared, and one more while driving.

sHOuva.jpg

It stayed in engine protection mode, wouldn't let me go above 1500 rpm, although it did let me get to my destination.

So, unless I missed something on the forum, I think I had the “honour” of being the first to use the technical support service, on 15/06/2023.

The service is based in France, but they speak English no problem, and fortunately, also in Spanish, they confirmed that I was the first, they had to check the policy, but in no time they sent me the tow truck.
7E1yUE.jpg

By the way, another thing, which I reported to INEOS; is that the morning of the 15th when the tow truck came, I took the car out of the garage, and almost did not climb the garage ramp, the engine was limited to 1,500 rpm, but the engine failure light was not on, even so undoubtedly the system was in engine failure, this is something that necessarily have to check.

I have to say that, as it could not be otherwise, the treatment of both Ineos Automotive Iberia and the Royal Crown dealer has been very professional.

The fault was an intake sensor, in a couple of days they returned the car, which I have used every day since then, and I have even made a long trip of 1,178 km in the day, without any problems, except for the bugs already mentioned in the forum by other users, mainly “transmission failure”, which is currently the only one that appears sometimes when starting up in the morning, but disappears immediately..

xPlQwc.jpg

It's true, it's not very manoeuvrable, I really thought the first day that I wouldn't be able to park it without getting on top of my wife's car,... but nowadays it's not a problem, if anything, I do one or two more manoeuvres than with my Mercedes V-Class.

As there is already a lot of good information and opinions in the forum, I'm going to highlight only the most striking ones, for me of course.

Kaoywm.jpg

- I can't explain why there is no grab handle on the driver's side, when I can I will see if I can fit the passenger grab handle from the LHD model.

- The side mirrors, especially the left one, don't cover the area as well as they should.

- The folding handle on the driver's side roof is totally useless, I hope some accessory manufacturer will come up with a glasses holder to fit it here.

- The climate control doesn't deserve to be called that, its operation is, to be kind, erratic.

- They could have put a light in the centre console to see what's inside, but then again, when you consider how they've placed the USBs inside, they might as well not add anything else.

- And as someone else also said, I don't know how they could have passed the key fob approval, because the lock and unlock symbols are pretty much the same.

By the way, I have double battery electric preparation, and activating the switch of the second battery, the power socket in the boot stays connected even when the engine stops, it comes in handy for the fridge.

I am delighted with the car, in the absence of testing it in the field, which unfortunately still take time, I think I made a great purchase, provided that:

- Fulfil their promise to publish the complete manual so that we can work freely on our cars.

The car handles on the highway very well, when you get the hang of the steering it is very reliable, and I found the seat to be very comfortable.
Oscar
Glad to see the Grenadier is behaving itself following your unfortunate introduction. Your observations are almost exactly the same as mine regarding lack of storage and door mirrors as well as silly place for USB and lack of light in the compartment. At least many of these faults can be remedied by the aftermarket or some good imagination. You have chosen a very nice colour and I hope you enjoy your Grenadier as much as I am enjoying mine.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

sHOuva.jpg

7E1yUE.jpg

xPlQwc.jpg

Kaoywm.jpg

Excellent colour choice. It reminds me of an old Land Rover colour combination.

Looks great.

Reactions: PBD

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

sHOuva.jpg

7E1yUE.jpg

xPlQwc.jpg

Kaoywm.jpg

I have been rescued twice by the AA with a power steering fault caused by a faulty gateway control sensor. You are maybe right in being the first to get rescued but my vehicle broke down on Sunday 11 June was due for AA collection on the 12 th June which didn’t happen as AA were useless I then had to go to work and the vehicle was finally recovered on Friday 16th to take to the dealership. I then had a further power steering fault on Friday 30th June and was collected again by the AA on the 1st July. So had the AA collected me on time I would be able to lay claim to the first to be rescued 😂😂😂IMG_1807.jpegIMG_1947.jpeg

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been rescued twice by the AA with a power steering fault caused by a faulty gateway control sensor. You are maybe right in being the first to get rescued but my vehicle broke down on Sunday 11 June was due for AA collection on the 12 th June which didn’t happen as AA were useless I then had to go to work and the vehicle was finally recovered on Friday 16th to take to the dealership. I then had a further power steering fault on Friday 30th June and was collected again by the AA on the 1st July. So had the AA collected me on time I would be able to lay claim to the first to be rescued 😂😂😂View attachment 7819767View attachment 7819768
Respect your tenacity. :)

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos has time to get their issues fixed before release in the US market. If they fail to do that, this will turn into litigation hell for them when they start selling into states like CA, NY, MA and many others where suing everyone is a hobby...

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The fault was an intake sensor
Thank yoy for the great write up. Pleased to read your experiences.

I dread the engine limitation / limited revs mode. Suffering same on the D4 lots. Lately because of a cracked manifold but prior to that a dirty sensor. Hoping to hell that the IG does not have the same bloody default limp mode for non-emergency issues like emissions!!!

Sure I don't want to blow the thing up but certain things are not requiring safety mode.

Back
Top Bottom