The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
It is incredible that a car as big as the Grenadier has such limited storage space in the cabin. I think this is the only thing that really disappoints....it's a bit of a miss for a car with it's intended purpose.
I hope Goose Gear is coming along nicely with the rumored rear seat delete kit!

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
6 weeks in and the Donny Grey elephant on the driveway has a convert.
First drive today by wife.
A step up ( well 5 steps up) from her mini Cooper, we started on the large concrete roads and tank tracks of Salisbury Plain . For those not local, this is an area of some 60,000 acres of military playground. Areas of limited access to the public and where she wanted to go . Not used to auto driving she mastered the steering, three point turns and reversing very quickly. Then a bit of gentle bouncing on the rougher tracks - but not needing Low range. She had been with works driver for 20 mins at an IA test drive event after I'd ordered Balou.
Did not need any persuading to drive the 12 miles home via a roadside cafe where it was much admired as we sat outside with bacon sandwiches.
Result - high praise to her.

MilesD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
Some thought it could've been better placed directly inline with the hitch and not off to the side under the spare. Do you have trouble reversing up to the trailer straight on so that there's not a lot of steering adjustments when it gets closer to the hitch?
No issues at all Mark, with reversing from any angle…..but my point of reference is coming from no camera and 20 yrs of playing with boats/trailers up to 45ft (yup I know those are road illegal :)) so perhaps not the most objective of my points

Bärenhunger

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

here are our first impressions with some photos after about 4000 km of driving with the Grenadier. We were in the Carpathian Mountains in Romania for 2 weeks and also drove some off-road routes there. Up until now, fuel consumption (petrol) has averaged 15 liters per 100 kilometers. We achieved the best value at a speed of approx. 80 km/h with 12.5 liters per 100 kilometers.

bad:
- initially irritating error messages, then they eventually disappear and also become less frequent
- After a while, the steering wheel is no longer centered and deviates slightly to the left - but the steering works normally
- Air conditioning knows no intermediate tones between warm and cold

good:
- very comfortable driving on and off-road
- Comfortable seats, no disturbing noise
- so far no shortcomings in off-road driving, and we have not exhausted everything by far

All in all a very positive overall impression, the small errors mentioned above will certainly be rectified. Ultimately the wait was worth it.

IMG_6032.jpg

Bildschirmfoto.png
IMG_5963.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6032.jpg
    IMG_6032.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 57

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Which roof rack and -tent is this?

Bärenhunger

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, but it was not that easy as it maybe looks like, to get this 70 kg tent on the roof rack. 3 of my neighbors were needed to get it finally done :)

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

here are our first impressions with some photos after about 4000 km of driving with the Grenadier. We were in the Carpathian Mountains in Romania for 2 weeks and also drove some off-road routes there. Up until now, fuel consumption (petrol) has averaged 15 liters per 100 kilometers. We achieved the best value at a speed of approx. 80 km/h with 12.5 liters per 100 kilometers.

bad:
- initially irritating error messages, then they eventually disappear and also become less frequent
- After a while, the steering wheel is no longer centered and deviates slightly to the left - but the steering works normally
- Air conditioning knows no intermediate tones between warm and cold

good:
- very comfortable driving on and off-road
- Comfortable seats, no disturbing noise
- so far no shortcomings in off-road driving, and we have not exhausted everything by far

All in all a very positive overall impression, the small errors mentioned above will certainly be rectified. Ultimately the wait was worth it.

View attachment 7819485

View attachment 7819491
View attachment 7819492
I find it strange how it looks like SW in the first pic and MM in the second.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

RobP

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
There could be more stowage space in the driver area but it takes after the defender on that score!
I can't comment on the old Defender but the new one has a ton of interior storage. Will definitely miss that.

Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
All these Grenadiers that are now on the road and hardly a few words put together describing first impressions. Photographs are all very well but we want to hear how it makes one feel. What is ones impressions compared to recent journalistic reviews. We are hanging on every word but unfortunately, no words are coming throu

Back
Top Bottom