The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
First time green laning on my usual evening route. Must say how amazing it is on rocky roads. The ride is composed, no jingle jiggle from side to side like my daily Suzuki Jimny (gen4). The steering damper did its job perfectly, no kick back on the steering wheel. It was honestly a breeze driving over rocky terrain. Also no squeaks, rattles from the interior. However, did hear the drivers door rubber squeal a couple of times so Im wondering how strong/rigid the body is? I will put some silicone dressing on the door seals to prevent this.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
@amglounge 17l/100km? sounds a lot, I have the petrol too, now nearly 5000km on the odometer, max. 15l/100km, min 12.5l/100, average 13.8l/100km

mix of motor way(oK, in UK only 70miles, but germany ~130km/h), country roads and light offroad

amglounge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
@amglounge 17l/100km? sounds a lot, I have the petrol too, now nearly 5000km on the odometer, max. 15l/100km, min 12.5l/100, average 13.8l/100km

mix of motor way(oK, in UK only 70miles, but germany ~130km/h), country roads and light offroad
So far only short distance trips and slow drives in the forest. On long distance it might become better. Hopefully

Reactions: PBD

MilesD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up a Gren last week from Endeavour Automotive in Chiswick. DG Petrol, station wagon loaded with all options :).

So far have only launched boats, family uber (droping kids at thier proms etc) and a couple of city visits so just getting used to its foibles in a large environment.

Impressions much the same as many (predominantly based around reasoned superlatives). However my half penny’s worth.

5 main observations:
(1) steering takes only a little time to adapt to, and I am using at the mo in london streets (yes, I know not it’s natural habitat), you learn quickly to put the power down after the manoeuvre rather than midway through :)
(2) the ‘footrest’, yes it is an issue for a long legged 6ft 2 fat northern bloke, but ultimately will live with
(3) towing/launching. Crikey this is a surprisingly good vehicle given its specs. FYI Current launch/tow is a 2005 disco (tight turn radius (necessary on Thames slips in town), variable height, air suspension to make trailer loading easy, 1/2 split doors to stand on in v deep water/steep slips :) etc etc. The IG is different but equally as good. It betters the disco due to its height/pulling power It’s turning radius is no hinderance (I was nervous of this), ride is very stable given springs, the reversing camera is very well placed to target the tow hitch precisely, and the split door great for limited access, as is the ladder to avoid ‘feet wet syndrome’.
(4) safari windows, I thought a gimmick, but actually work really well, and no sunburn yet :), suspect gives the modern ‘desert rats’ an alternative shooting position :)
(5) I’m not an off-road nut, but the Gren has the power to get me interested in seeking out its limitations as oozes capability.

And finally a shout to Nouman @ Endeavour. The agent model clearly needs to be improved from Ineos side, but compared to the ‘slippery’ landrover sales team I experienced @ a well known london dealer, it is refreshing to deal with a non salesmen led simple pickup & play service from a dealer who kept us in the loop despite the very poor IG UX.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up a Gren last week from Endeavour Automotive in Chiswick. DG Petrol, station wagon loaded with all options :).

So far have only launched boats, family uber (droping kids at thier proms etc) and a couple of city visits so just getting used to its foibles in a large environment.

Impressions much the same as many (predominantly based around reasoned superlatives). However my half penny’s worth.

5 main observations:
(1) steering takes only a little time to adapt to, and I am using at the mo in london streets (yes, I know not it’s natural habitat), you learn quickly to put the power down after the manoeuvre rather than midway through :)
(2) the ‘footrest’, yes it is an issue for a long legged 6ft 2 fat northern bloke, but ultimately will live with
(3) towing/launching. Crikey this is a surprisingly good vehicle given its specs. FYI Current launch/tow is a 2005 disco (tight turn radius (necessary on Thames slips in town), variable height, air suspension to make trailer loading easy, 1/2 split doors to stand on in v deep water/steep slips :) etc etc. The IG is different but equally as good. It betters the disco due to its height/pulling power It’s turning radius is no hinderance (I was nervous of this), ride is very stable given springs, the reversing camera is very well placed to target the tow hitch precisely, and the split door great for limited access, as is the ladder to avoid ‘feet wet syndrome’.
(4) safari windows, I thought a gimmick, but actually work really well, and no sunburn yet :), suspect gives the modern ‘desert rats’ an alternative shooting position :)
(5) I’m not an off-road nut, but the Gren has the power to get me interested in seeking out its limitations as oozes capability.

And finally a shout to Nouman @ Endeavour. The agent model clearly needs to be improved from Ineos side, but compared to the ‘slippery’ landrover sales team I experienced @ a well known london dealer, it is refreshing to deal with a non salesmen led simple pickup & play service from a dealer who kept us in the loop despite the very poor IG UX.
An owner being honest about the RHD footrest. Thank youo.

You like the vehicle and that is great news - I hope my wife likes it (had to convince for the cash a few years ago!).

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update 4 -

450 mile round trip to York and back - mainly motorways but a bit on narrow B roads when the M1 was completely blocked.

Finally got my side steps! Yay! And very nice they are too.
Agent reported the leaking seals to Ineos. It does look like they know about it. The agent got wet feet himself last week when he opened a door on one of their cars so he knows about it for sure!

1 - Foot rest - some minor fatigue after 2 to 3 hours straight with no rest but not a huge problem.
2 - Stability - I'm finally getting used to its lumbering bulk. was initially reticent to take it over 70 but by the end of the trip I was occasionally nudging 80 and it felt solid and stable. But 3 - really a long comfortable cruse at 70 with the cruise control on was very comfortable.
4 - Side wind - was very windy yesterday down the A1 and did feel buffeted at times but actually much less than in my VW Touran to be honest.
5 - Comfort - very. Passenger said it was very comfortable. And I was great too.
6 - Fuel economy - meh - didn't look. Just open the wallet and pay. I will have a look later when I have a moment
7 - Turning circle - getting used to it but a normal 3 point turn is now often a 4 or 5.
8 - B roads - getting used to the width and bulk. Really not a problem. Generally soaks up the bumps but its not super smooth wafting over them like a Jag or Bentley. But then it's not sold as one.
9 - Family increasingly like it. Love the look. Yet another friend as begged for a lift to a country pub to have a look at it. Some small jealously I think!

Bonus point - if you have your phone connected on Apple Carplay and are using Spotify for music then if your passenger is using the same spotify account can change the tracks using their unconnected phone (my daughter and I are always fighting over who gets to use the Spotify as we share one account) - not a major but nice for a long journey where she could play DJ without having to use my phone.

Sorry not the most exciting of reports - no floods or washed out bridges or bomb craters to traverse, in fact nothing to laugh at at all (apologies to Stanley Holloway).

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update 4 -

450 mile round trip to York and back - mainly motorways but a bit on narrow B roads when the M1 was completely blocked.

Finally got my side steps! Yay! And very nice they are too.
Agent reported the leaking seals to Ineos. It does look like they know about it. The agent got wet feet himself last week when he opened a door on one of their cars so he knows about it for sure!

1 - Foot rest - some minor fatigue after 2 to 3 hours straight with no rest but not a huge problem.
2 - Stability - I'm finally getting used to its lumbering bulk. was initially reticent to take it over 70 but by the end of the trip I was occasionally nudging 80 and it felt solid and stable. But 3 - really a long comfortable cruse at 70 with the cruise control on was very comfortable.
4 - Side wind - was very windy yesterday down the A1 and did feel buffeted at times but actually much less than in my VW Touran to be honest.
5 - Comfort - very. Passenger said it was very comfortable. And I was great too.
6 - Fuel economy - meh - didn't look. Just open the wallet and pay. I will have a look later when I have a moment
7 - Turning circle - getting used to it but a normal 3 point turn is now often a 4 or 5.
8 - B roads - getting used to the width and bulk. Really not a problem. Generally soaks up the bumps but its not super smooth wafting over them like a Jag or Bentley. But then it's not sold as one.
9 - Family increasingly like it. Love the look. Yet another friend as begged for a lift to a country pub to have a look at it. Some small jealously I think!

Bonus point - if you have your phone connected on Apple Carplay and are using Spotify for music then if your passenger is using the same spotify account can change the tracks using their unconnected phone (my daughter and I are always fighting over who gets to use the Spotify as we share one account) - not a major but nice for a long journey where she could play DJ without having to use my phone.

Sorry not the most exciting of reports - no floods or washed out bridges or bomb craters to traverse, in fact nothing to laugh at at all (apologies to Stanley Holloway).
Oh and Ps - no warning symbols or sounds at all... fingers crossed it stays that way.

Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
the reversing camera is very well placed to target the tow hitch precisely
Some thought it could've been better placed directly inline with the hitch and not off to the side under the spare. Do you have trouble reversing up to the trailer straight on so that there's not a lot of steering adjustments when it gets closer to the hitch?

Vidar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
Initial thoughts on the Grenadier

Good:
Drives very well compared to my 76 series Landcruiser
Comfortable seats
The engine and gearbox are nice. It has plenty of power for my needs and the auto shifts smooth
Everything works great so far (haven’t tested the diff locks or winch just yet)
Love the look
Really quiet on the road compared to the Landcruiser
Feels well built and solid
Gets a lot of attention

Not so good:
I don’t like the drivers footwell (I have plans to fix this)
Not much storage in the cabin
Difficult to get into compared to Landcruiser that has a grab handle by the door (and its lifted)
Hate the start stop functionality (why can’t I turn it off permanently!) So stupid to put this in an off roader.
Don’t like the parking sensors (why can’t I turn them off permanently!) useful for a suburban hatchback but annoying in a 4x4.
Not sure about the central dash but will get used to it I guess
The central screen is a bit bright at night (not sure how to turn it down easily)
Not keen on the auto shifter

Overall I think it’s awesome, I just need to get use to all the modern car things that I don’t need getting in the way. Coming from a back-to-basics 2021 76 Landcruiser, that has almost no electronics, It was a bit of a shock.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
An owner being honest about the RHD footrest. Thank youo.

You like the vehicle and that is great news - I hope my wife likes it (had to convince for the cash a few years ago!).
You need to get your woman under control and explain she has no say in what you do with your money.

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score

Good:
Comfortable seats
The engine and gearbox are nice. It has plenty of power for my needs and the auto shifts smooth
Love the look
Gets a lot of attention

Not so good:
Difficult to get into compared to Landcruiser that has a grab handle by the door (and its lifted)
Hate the start stop functionality (why can’t I turn it off permanently!) So stupid to put this in an off roader.
Don’t like the parking sensors (why can’t I turn them off permanently!) useful for a suburban hatchback but annoying in a 4x4.
The central screen is a bit bright at night (not sure how to turn it down easily)

Overall I think it’s awesome, I just need to get use to all the modern car things that I don’t need getting in the way. Coming from a back-to-basics 2021 76 Landcruiser, that has almost no electronics, It was a bit of a shock.
Hi Vidar
Bottom row switches under central hazard warning switch - bottom left turns off Stop/Start and bottom right turns off rear parking sensors?

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score

Good:
Comfortable seats
Love the look
Gets a lot of attention

Not so good:

P.S. Go yo settings on the wretched screen and there is a brightness setting. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Vidar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully the OBD wizards will come to the rescue to turn off stop/start, parking sensors, seat belt warning and stuff like monitoring the dpf %. What the plan with the footrest?
There a really fat layer of insulation under and beside the footrest that I plan to remove and replace with carpet. Will free up 20-30mm. I am also going to move the accelerator pedal back 20mm so the foot rest, brake and pedal are nearly in line. Will then put the seat further back and have the steering wheel all the way back. I have already tried it and makes a massive difference. Works for me as I’m only 5’8. Might not work for someone taller

Vidar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Vidar
Bottom row switches under central hazard warning switch - bottom left turns off Stop/Start and bottom right turns off rear parking sensors?
yes, but I want them off by default and the option to turn them on if I ever need them (unlikely). Frustrating that they are on by default.

Vidar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
P.S. Go yo settings on the wretched screen and there is a brightness setting. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Yes, they are there, I would just rather concentrate on driving than adjusting brightness all the time. IT just needs to dim a little more when the light are on. If I turn the brightness down it is a bit dim during the day. it's also too many menu steps. Not a big thing but would be easy for them to fix

Back
Top Bottom