The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:32 PM
Reaction score
Didn't spec it (part of the Trialmaster package), but it does look good.

Never used a standalone compass in years. Inertial Navs updated by GPS/VOR for waypoint Nav in aircraft and GPS in cars and phones/watches. :)
I have always a "Silva" (brand) analogue compass in my car, reliable, I don't know how to repair it, but I don't think it will ever need a repair.
20230622_205159.jpg
The other things in the picture are not related to the topic :cool:

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:32 PM
Reaction score
I have always a "Silva" (brand) analogue compass in my car, reliable, I don't know how to repair it, but I don't think it will ever need a repair. View attachment 7817556
The other things in the picture are not related to the topic :cool:

The other things are far more important. :) And yes I have a Silva compass too (not used in years).

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We used in the last two weeks both, electronic topographic maps, and additional, and mostly better (overview) the paper version. My wife like the compass in the Grenadier to find with one look altitude and direction.
Today we were one time out of coverage LTE and paper map… but we had the compass😉

Attachments

• IMG_5064.jpeg
    IMG_5064.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 32

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Something about that silver plateau behind my beer bottle ...
  • one of my best purchases of my life, very practical, stable to carry drinks and other stuff, I should have bought a bigger one
  • I just told it to my partner, I bought it about 50 years ago, I was 17 (please don't tell me I am old, I know); 1974.
  • It's Turkish
  • I was with my parents, my 4 brothers, Peugeot 504 and caravan travelling in the country (my parents were fantastic travelers)
  • We were suddenly, in the middle of the mountains, confronted with a lot of military convoys
  • The next morning we heard from the Turkish people with a big smile "Makarios kaput": they had taken over part of Cyprus!
  • The rest of the trip we had to put dark blue paint on our headlights and were forbidden to have lights on, on our camping places at night
  • Once close to the Greek border (on our way home through Bulgaria) we saw tanks on the road
This plateau means something to me :)

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why does that add up to 180%
I think it is because it is axle torque and not actual torque at each wheel. 80% is being taken up by the front axle and 20% at the rear. The 80/70 and 10/20 is indicating the dominate wheel.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Or it could just be in test mode, note speedo.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Don't forget, it's all software.

Software not written by me is not trustworthy.

And now, I'm not just kidding.
I even don't trust my own one.
Sometimes.

Last edited:

amglounge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After one week with the Dinosaur and 350 kilometres driven, it is time to give a few impressions, even if they are almost the same as those described so far. It is a 5-seater utility with petrol engine. Average consumption is 17 litres/100 km (16.6 mpg [UK]).
The most positive first. The suspension is a dream (for an off-road vehicle). Where you'd fear a broken axle with the Jimny, potholed roads seem freshly tarmacked with the Grenadier. He does this even a little better than the G-Class (which consumes 22 litres/100 km).
The seating comfort is good and finally you can move the seat sufficiently far back.

Overall, I am absolutely satisfied, but there are a few details that are not so good:
On day 1, there was the whole range of frequently described warning messages. The warning tones in particular were deafeningly loud. In the meantime, I have found the volume control for the parking sensor in the menu.
All in all, there are not many setting options and I don't find all the menu items every day. Today, I couldn't find the setting for the afterglow time.
On day 3, all error messages had disappeared, regardless of whether the engine was started long or short after the ignition was switched on. Every now and then, a transmission problem is reported for a few seconds.
Strangely enough, the doors can be closed from the inside only with a strong pull, whereas from the outside a gentle pressure is enough and they close noiselessly.
The paint (inky black) is a bit sensitive. Even wiping with a clean cloth leaves fine scratches.
As often described, the steering wheel is not centred, but deviates a few degrees to the left.
The heating only heats up when you turn it all the way up. At an outside temperature of 16° C, cold air still came out of the nozzles at the "26°" setting. The seat heating is relatively weak even at the highest setting.
The range indicator apparently gets its data from a random generator. A reliable value is not displayed.

I would like to know if it is possible to switch off the automatic interior lighting in the load compartment. There doesn't seem to be a switch for this.

Back
Top Bottom