The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
no offense taken at all! I have to take a cloer look at the lower door seal. It seems to be cut in at more or less 10 cm. It looked like the water went into the seal at this point.
This might be no topic at all as it is rubber. But if this happens in winter time it would not be great to ha ice within the seal I guess.
And possibly your door frozen shut when all that water on sill freezes to the bottom of the door. Hopefully that seal fix fixes it up. Off topic, that red looks good!

Local time
9:39 PM
Reaction score
no offense taken at all! I have to take a cloer look at the lower door seal. It seems to be cut in at more or less 10 cm. It looked like the water went into the seal at this point.
This might be no topic at all as it is rubber. But if this happens in winter time it would not be great to ha ice within the seal I guess.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wrote this elsewhere - but probably more relevant here:

My feedback on this vehicle.

POSITIVES

1) Overall impressions - a very robust well constructed vehicle.
2) Fuel consumption to date is around 22-23 mpg (Diesel).
3)The ride is exceptionally good considering its on coil springs and live axle.
4) Steering, is different but you get used to it as others have noted and therefore is not a problem.
5) Air conditioning works well.
6) Seats comfortable and plenty of room. in the rear with the Belstaff editions.
7) Controls all easy to use (see disadvantages).
8) Headlights very good (love the LED patterns front and rear). The inboard driving lights are very bright.
9) Diesel engine performance is as expected, once out of first gear, like any other ZF gearbox on tarmac (cannot comment off road).
10) Accessory market from INEOS and other suppliers is developing fast.
11) No need to take the car apart as it all works and is under warranty.
12) Windscreen wipers sweep sufficient of the screen.

NEGATIVES
1) Warning messages - should be eliminated with software update in 4/5 weeks time. My fix, is not to stop with IGN, go straight to START which suppresses the messages on the centre screen until a software reprogramme is done.
2) No colours on the Radio stations icons (expect a fix with software).
3) No driver grab handle to allow easier access.
4) Script for AC is below the switches, until you learn the switches not easy to identify in comparison to other switches on the centre stack, where the script is above (see image below).
5) Compass Digital display is unreadable in daylight.
6) RHD - left foot rest could be made smaller and thus benefit people like me who don't like it (although getting used to it).
7) Didn't buy a tow bar - mistake as at the moment it cannot be retrofitted (recommend you add it to your order list).
8) European front bumper looks too large.

OVERALL

Very happy with the vehicle and would highly recommend it and my agent - Chandlers of Belton and Horncastle.
So buy one. If I bought again I would buy the 2 seat utility with my personal specification.

See picture regarding AC script (you can't see FAN - TEMPERATURE & ZONE) from the drivers seat.

HVAC - 1.jpeg

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wrote this elsewhere - but probably more relevant here:

My feedback on this vehicle.

POSITIVES

1) Overall impressions - a very robust well constructed vehicle.
2) Fuel consumption to date is around 22-23 mpg (Diesel).
3)The ride is exceptionally good considering its on coil springs and live axle.
4) Steering, is different but you get used to it as others have noted and therefore is not a problem.
5) Air conditioning works well.
6) Seats comfortable and plenty of room. in the rear with the Belstaff editions.
7) Controls all easy to use (see disadvantages).
8) Headlights very good (love the LED patterns front and rear). The inboard driving lights are very bright.
9) Diesel engine performance is as expected, once out of first gear, like any other ZF gearbox on tarmac (cannot comment off road).
10) Accessory market from INEOS and other suppliers is developing fast.
11) No need to take the car apart as it all works and is under warranty.
12) Windscreen wipers sweep sufficient of the screen.

NEGATIVES
1) Warning messages - should be eliminated with software update in 4/5 weeks time. My fix, is not to stop with IGN, go straight to START which suppresses the messages on the centre screen until a software reprogramme is done.
2) No colours on the Radio stations icons (expect a fix with software).
3) No driver grab handle to allow easier access.
4) Script for AC is below the switches, until you learn the switches not easy to identify in comparison to other switches on the centre stack, where the script is above (see image below).
5) Compass Digital display is unreadable in daylight.
6) RHD - left foot rest could be made smaller and thus benefit people like me who don't like it (although getting used to it).
7) Didn't buy a tow bar - mistake as at the moment it cannot be retrofitted (recommend you add it to your order list).
8) European front bumper looks too large.

OVERALL

Very happy with the vehicle and would highly recommend it and my agent - Chandlers of Belton and Horncastle.
So buy one. If I bought again I would buy the 2 seat utility with my personal specification.

See picture regarding AC script (you can't see FAN - TEMPERATURE & ZONE) from the drivers seat.

View attachment 7817467
Bang on Nomad. Only addition from me is the need for USB outlets other than cubby box. Oh and flimsy ill-fitting hatch to rear door first aid kit compartment.

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
New error for me on start up this morning, NO ALARMS !! (y) (y)

However the central MFD screen switched from RHD MPH to LHD KPH , ie the speedo shifted from the righthand side of the screen to the left and the infotanement section of the screen likewise changed from left to right

WTF is that all about,

changed back to normal after a few minutes but severely not impressed

I am so very pleased I did not submit the feedback on the Grenadier yesterday

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No alarms - progress.

Shame about the computer tomfoolery:(

I would love an analogue speedo and speedometer/temp gauge/fuel and leave the gimmickry in the middle consol for add ons.

Oh well

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:39 PM
Reaction score
tks above. What do the circles with part of the circumference filled in next to each wheel signify?
I dońt know at the moment. Maybe in low gear and with blocked differential something will change, torque by wheel?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oh and flimsy ill-fitting hatch to rear door first aid kit compartment.
I’m hoping that will be rectified by IA but if not, I hope a better option will come forward.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
"5) Compass Digital display is unreadable in daylight."
Admit it @Nomad , you (we) specced that for the cool factor.
The real analogue compass is in your tactical kit and the digital one is on your wife's phone ;)
Didn't spec it (part of the Trialmaster package), but it does look good.

Never used a standalone compass in years. Inertial Navs updated by GPS/VOR for waypoint Nav in aircraft and GPS in cars and phones/watches. :)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:39 AM
Reaction score
Didn't spec it (part of the Trialmaster package), but it does look good.

Never used a standalone compass in years. Inertial Navs updated by GPS/VOR for waypoint Nav in aircraft and GPS in cars and phones/watches. :)
I have also ordered the TM. Electronic aids are fine if they work in one's chosen terrain.
I also use real maps, but that's another habit I can't change.

Back
Top Bottom