The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
At least you can remember them!
(btw my mum was 38 when I popped out. So my oldies were fairly old amongst the school parents)
I remember them well and they were good and caring parents.
Mum died at 81 and dad at 86.
I just can't recall them ever doing sport, hobbies, physical exercise or activity.
mum did housework, cooked, cleaned and knitted.
Dad went to work, to the pub and placed bets on horse races.

Compared to that my wife played netball, tennis, stand up paddleboard, diving, cleaned and did housework.
I played squash, did karate, Jiu Jitsu (Japanese) Aikido, Hapkido, pistol shooting, snorkeling, diving, cooked and housework.
Our children were also extremely busy and we were involved on committees and fundraisers for their sports clubs.
Yesterday we had an extremely low tide and my wife and I walked 2.3kms out from shore and back.
we found a huge loggerhead turtle and lots of fish and stingrays.

Different generations I guess.
View: https://www.facebook.com/dave.boreland.9/videos/186045031097571

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
I was 42 when my son was born and when my daughter was born last year, I was 46. Looking to live a long life. Wife was 38 and 43
When I was 46 my first grandson was born. My wife was 50.
Now I am 60 and my grandsons are 12 & 13 and my granddaughter is 2. (sons second marriage)
looking forward to taking them out in the Grenadier when they visit during school holidays.
if I'm lucky I will be able to take my great grandchildren out in the Grenadier also.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
I was 42 when my son was born and when my daughter was born last year, I was 46. Looking to live a long life. Wife was 38 and 43
"Live long and prosper"

(Can't find the appropriate fingers emoji on my phone)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I remember them well and they were good and caring parents.
Mum died at 81 and dad at 86.
I just can't recall them ever doing sport, hobbies, physical exercise or activity.
mum did housework, cooked, cleaned and knitted.
Dad went to work, to the pub and placed bets on horse races.

Compared to that my wife played netball, tennis, stand up paddleboard, diving, cleaned and did housework.
I played squash, did karate, Jiu Jitsu (Japanese) Aikido, Hapkido, pistol shooting, snorkeling, diving, cooked and housework.
Our children were also extremely busy and we were involved on committees and fundraisers for their sports clubs.
Yesterday we had an extremely low tide and my wife and I walked 2.3kms out from shore and back.
we found a huge loggerhead turtle and lots of fish and stingrays.

Different generations I guess.
View: https://www.facebook.com/dave.boreland.9/videos/186045031097571

Sounds like we shared the same parents! :D
My parents now in their mid 80's and so far so good but such is life that each additional year is a blessing.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hilarious arrival to the yard this morning. Our two fitters have had a good crawl all over the Grenadier this morning, with no prior knowledge of its arrival or even the concept of it, purposely done that way in order to gleam 'organic' responses from mechanically minded people.

A summary of highlight comments:

'Thats F'in rate ugly. It looks like a Land Rover, a G Wagen and a Hummer had an orgy.' :ROFLMAO:

'It's much nicer than an old Land Rover and it doesn't feel like it will drop to bits.' (y)

'It should go well with that engine but there's plenty of room for a 3.5 (Rover V8) when it F's up.' 🤣

'I bet it weighs a lot...' :oops:

'There'll be plenty getting smashed up if the steering is how you say it is.' 😬

'I like it, now can we go up the field in it.' 😁

Overall, a win I would say.

*Situation update: now over 200 miles - no warnings present on the last three drives, HVAC had a weird moment when it wouldn't work as instructed on Auto, but now seems to be behaving. Battery health at 96% and 'long term' economy so far 23.2mpg. Predicted range went from 207 miles to 129 miles on a 6 mile drive this morning and seems to have a total mind of its own. Towing tomorrow, should I use the tRusty L322 and run the Grenadier in some more or will it be ok?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Towing tomorrow, should I use the tRusty L322 and run the Grenadier in some more or will it be ok?
Get the Grenadier hitched up, take a few photos, and post them up here:

😉

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
I also have ordered the waxing. Stage 2 including Mike Sanders frame treatment.
Where did you order it? At your Agent (LeTech?) or some service shop?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I know a good address in Essen
I'd like to know this address. If you either post it here or PM if you prefer for some reason.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
When I was 46 my first grandson was born. My wife was 50.
Now I am 60 and my grandsons are 12 & 13 and my granddaughter is 2. (sons second marriage)
looking forward to taking them out in the Grenadier when they visit during school holidays.
if I'm lucky I will be able to take my great grandchildren out in the Grenadier also.
Are you concerned that the Grenadier won't make it...it will be there my friend...happy motoring :cool:

Zimbo80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
All these Grenadiers that are now on the road and hardly a few words put together describing first impressions. Photographs are all very well but we want to hear how it makes one feel. What is ones impressions compared to recent journalistic reviews. We are hanging on every word but unfortunately, no words are coming through.
Only taken delivery last week - so far I'm well impressed - drives well and a really solid build! Having a few dramas trying to work around the euro 13 pin trailer outlet as not directly compatible with the way trailers and caravans are set up here in Ausse but we'll get there.

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hmmm... probably don't bother getting the luggage net. Too small really. Probably get something better from Halfords.

Update from the 14 year old daughter - "I thought I'd hate it - its quite ugly but its kinda cool. I still think it's one of the dumbest things you have done dad. But it's kinda cool". I'll take that as a win.
Update 1 - from the first drive by the Lady Wife: much to my surprise she liked it and says its very comfortable, though steering requires getting used to but she was sold. She is Canadian so likes the idea of big pick-ups, so that's a bonus. I doubt she will want to take it for a trip to the supermarket daily but sharing drive on long trips is now on. Though only if I get the side steps - she's 5'2".

Update 2 - turning circle - I have to think of it more like a boat where you have to plot your course well in advance - its navigation rather than driving. I'm normally what you might politely call an "assertive" driver. So I'm having to modify my style! Sweeping around in a stately manner = yes. Whacking it round a corner through a tight spot and spinning the tyres = no. I'm still not used to the huge turning circle. Had to take two bites to get round a tight spot where a Van was partly blocking route - previous car has the turning circle of a London taxi so would have just leapt around no problem. I do feel like I'm driving round in a granite wall.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Probably most don't want to comment because they would have to deal with some of the negative comments that are written.
All constructive criticism welcome on this site. Especially by owners or those going through the purchasing process. That’s why I like it here.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
Probably most don't want to comment because they would have to deal with some of the negative comments that are written.
Welcome to the board. This is a great site for discussion where people’s opinions matter and aren’t attacked for honesty. We can agree to disagree provided we can do so respectfully through friendly conversation and not trolling.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm normally what you might politely call an "assertive" driver. So I'm having to modify my style!
Hehe, same for me, and I lived in Tunisia and Ecuador when I was younger, so that "made" my driving style.
But this car is so heavy, massive, and indeed the turning radius, that I adapted my style indeed :eek: :)

Back
Top Bottom