The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
First impressions of our Diesel, Sela Green, 5 seat station wagon, after much anticipation.

Collected from Sandicliffe Nottingham on Friday tea time and drove home in heavy rush hour traffic with TMPS error, airbag warning and transmission failure cycling on the display. Also, the wheel alignment was clearly checked by Stevie Wonder as the centre marker of my saddle wheel is between 12-1 o’clock when tracking a straight course. I actually wonder if they’re all set up for the camber of left hand traffic and aren’t differentiating their programming of the rolling roads in the factory? We buy DAF trucks which come from the factory without fail with all four steering wheels pointing in totally different directions so it’s not unusual in my opinion.

Those issues aside, three of us have driven the Grenadier now and are extremely pleased. Steering takes a bit of familiarising with and maybe the footrest is a bit awkward, but time will tell. I think the car will fit in well with its intended use. 130 miles on the odometer now and on a 40 mile motorway journey just now, no warnings at all!
ace colour choice !

• Love
Reactions: JOB

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
In Germany we had (at my school time in the 70/80s) school until lunch, and lunch at home…. Now changed, so my grandchild(s) will have Dinner Ladies 😉

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
Didn't everyone have dinner ladies as a kid?
View attachment 7817167
No. We took our lunch to school, sandwiches, occasionally, usually Mondays as no fresh bread, we bought lunch at the school canteen.
Mum wrote what you wanted on a brown paper bag and put the money inside.
Everyone received a small bottle of milk for free every day.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No. We took our lunch to school, sandwiches, occasionally, usually Mondays as no fresh bread, we bought lunch at the school canteen.
I used to get the free milk as well, I hated it, it was warm at room temperature. It put me off warm milk for life. I only put milk in tea and coffee now when straight from the fridge.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I used to get the free milk as well, I hated it, it was warm at room temperature. It put me off warm milk for life. I only put milk in tea and coffee now when straight from the fridge.
aaah the warm milk and blue straws - uurgh

Thatcher Thatcher, the milk snatcher!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
I was a milk monitor so I packed ice around mine and selected friends bottles

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
@DCPU: An explanation is advisable, I think.

"served by dinner ladies" translates to "serviert von Dinner-Damen" in German. The word "lady" is in German often associated with a distinguished or highborn person, while in English it can simply be a woman of any kind, I suppose. That's the first translation trap.

The second translation trap is that "to serve" translates as "servieren", which in Germany is sometimes used in the context of a better, sometimes even posh restaurant. Like being served by a waiter with a livery to take a picture. When there is no such context, we just say "bedienen". It's both the same job, but with sometimes different contexts. In a good restaurant we have a "Service", in a beer pub there is (at best) a "Bedienung".

And so "served by dinner ladies" as a composite of "Servieren" and "Lady" evoked the image of the offspring of rich parents in a boarding school being pampered by butler-like ladies, to put it a bit hyperbolically.

Therefore my remark. 🤷‍♂️

But now I understand it ;-)

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dinner money was given to me in a matchbox. I lost it one time which was a big deal for my parents. Not that they chastised me but thinking back, it was the financial hit. Things were different in the 60's.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
Probably most don't want to comment because they would have to deal with some of the negative comments that are written.
That's Facebook. We don't do that here and it isn't generally tolerated.

ETA: I don't go to the several Facebook Ineos groups I joined anymore. There are great people and better info here.

Last edited:

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well I may as well contribute a milky picture from today's Slovenian hike into this "post a random picture thread"!
I hope I don't go off piste tomorrow on the ridge that includes Debela pec

View attachment 7817185
Slovenia is a beautiful country with fantastic wines. Movia makes great reds!

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
Probably most don't want to comment because they would have to deal with some of the negative comments that are written.
Welcome to the forum...I think that you are talking about the negative people...they are the ones who fear to tread...this is the first paragraph of a poem about the forum that sums it up...

The Ineos Grenadier Forum

enthusiasts on a common thread

tales pictures with little decorum

where some would fear to tread

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...I think that you are talking about the negative people...they are the ones who fear to tread...this is the first paragraph of a poem about the forum that sums it up...

The Ineos Grenadier Forum

enthusiasts on a common thread

tales pictures with little decorum

where some would fear to tread
That is a sad state of affairs. I’d rather hear the good/bad/fugly - then I can make my own decision. If people want to poop on others honest feedback - they need to grow up.

Back
Top Bottom