The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
That is a sad state of affairs. I’d rather hear the good/bad/fugly - then I can make my own decision. If people want to poop on others honest feedback - they need to grow up.
I agree with that approach but disagree absolutely with what Max said. My impression is that the opposite is true.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
Not everyone is the same in their communication. we all know that from our jobs and families. I think that's what @Max and @Mumax want to say. The forum is wonderful because there are so many different people who exchange ideas here. Barney
After re-reading @Max post, I guess I didn’t get the gist. To sum it up: good people here, good conversations, much honesty, little „social“ media BS.

pete54

GG-2562
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:04 AM
Reaction score
Many thanks to Grange (Edinburgh) for arranging a test drive last Sunday. Quite difficult to be fully objective after following the project from the beginning and much excitement so likely to be an element of rose tint to my first impressions. Had it for an hour and a half and managed a mix of city/motorway/country road/farm track. Immediately transported back to the joyous feeling of driving a proper Land Rover’ - but with the space and rock solid build that LR lacked in the Series and Defender models.

Plenty of power and what felt like unlimited torque. Great visibility out of the front and sides. Limited as expected behind. Terrific ride height allows you to look down on pretty much anything else.

No problem whatsoever with the steering - I was taught to drive by a police advance driving instructor and he drummed it in to me that you should never let go of the steering wheel but rather feed it back to centre when coming through a bend. I have dutifully done this ever since and perhaps have missed the joys (?) of self centring steering. A little more active steering needed in the Grenadier but it goes where you point it!

I am 6’4 - no issues with the foot rest (I actually quite like it). It may take a while to find exactly the right driving position (I didn’t quite nail it) but overall very comfortable. I do have a long back though and found the seat (like many airline seats) to be surprisingly uncomfortable- forcing shoulders forward too much and no lumbar support. Not the comfortable armchair of my D4! Will need to find a solution for that.

Essentially the brief experience was everything I hoped it would be. Felt like a very solid vehicle in every aspect (baring the various warnings that hopefully will be killed off by the software update). In my opinion it is the true successor to the old Defender. I now just need to keep my patience until delivery (ordered at the end of 2022 - agent has said all along that delivery should be end of summer/autumn this year…)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Many thanks to Grange (Edinburgh) for arranging a test drive last Sunday. Quite difficult to be fully objective after following the project from the beginning and much excitement so likely to be an element of rose tint to my first impressions. Had it for an hour and a half and managed a mix of city/motorway/country road/farm track. Immediately transported back to the joyous feeling of driving a proper Land Rover’ - but with the space and rock solid build that LR lacked in the Series and Defender models.

Plenty of power and what felt like unlimited torque. Great visibility out of the front and sides. Limited as expected behind. Terrific ride height allows you to look down on pretty much anything else.

No problem whatsoever with the steering - I was taught to drive by a police advance driving instructor and he drummed it in to me that you should never let go of the steering wheel but rather feed it back to centre when coming through a bend. I have dutifully done this ever since and perhaps have missed the joys (?) of self centring steering. A little more active steering needed in the Grenadier but it goes where you point it!

I am 6’4 - no issues with the foot rest (I actually quite like it). It may take a while to find exactly the right driving position (I didn’t quite nail it) but overall very comfortable. I do have a long back though and found the seat (like many airline seats) to be surprisingly uncomfortable- forcing shoulders forward too much and no lumbar support. Not the comfortable armchair of my D4! Will need to find a solution for that.

Essentially the brief experience was everything I hoped it would be. Felt like a very solid vehicle in every aspect (baring the various warnings that hopefully will be killed off by the software update). In my opinion it is the true successor to the old Defender. I now just need to keep my patience until delivery (ordered at the end of 2022 - agent has said all along that delivery should be end of summer/autumn this year…)
Pete. Your experiences reflect mine in nearly every way, bar the seating comfort which I find superb. I now have my Grenadier and as you said, find it to have the same 'vibe' as my old Defender but with more power and comfort. I am completely sold on the vehicle. I know it needs to be successful but at the same time, I hope it doesn't become the favoured school run transport.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah, now we're talking about milk monitors 😁
@DaveB is a self confessed milk monitor, I never rose to such dizzy heights, must have been my hatred in being forced to drink the bloody stuff

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@DaveB is a self confessed milk monitor, I never rose to such dizzy heights, must have been my hatred in being forced to drink the bloody stuff
yep, the further away I could get from the stuff the better. Still can't stand to see people drink milk. Don't mind it on cornflakes or in coffee.....

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Used to get a different one each week. Got to wear a badge as well. 🦚

Mitchell300

GG-741
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
IMG_1196.jpegI collected my Grenadier from The Grange, Edinburgh at the end of last week. 2 seat utility with all sorts of add on’s.

Apologies for not posting anything earlier but I had nothing really to add from other posts. After leaving the garage, which was my first time of driving the Grenadier I got a few hundred yards before the first bing bong. I thought “ah ! here we go” but turned out I hadn’t closed the passenger door correctly.

After that drove 54 miles home with only the TPMS make several announcements. The steering does take a bit of getting use to and is prone to wander if you take you eyes off the road.

Having now done another 150 miles I have had transmission error, power steering error, climate control error. All of which have cleared, the TPMS has also been clear for a couple of days.

I do have the free boot wash from the drivers door.

The one thing that I feel is very poor is the winch cover, I honestly think I’m going to loose that one day. I’ll have to address that soon, just not fit for purpose.

For the first 200 miles I’ve averaged out at 24.1 mpg. Edit : diesel.

It is a joy to drive and I felt I just wanted to keep going. Turning circle, as mentioned plenty above, does require a bit of thought before manoeuvring.

I’ve just noticed a plastic cover missing from between the windscreen wipers, I’m sure it was there yesterday so looks like it’s fallen off. Photo above.

Overall, what a vehicle, yes you may need to get acquainted with it but it’s well worth the effort.

Last edited:

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update. BTW I love my grenadier. After looking around, underneath and in the engine. I can tell you it’s a beast of a motor, chunky and great quality components. Some small issues with attention to detail but I’m 100 % it will be fixed. With everyone’s experience on this forum, we can address them all for everyone’s benefit.

So the free boot wash is to do with the kink on the outer door seals. Just push them back down. Problem solved.

I hear sometimes that there is a vibration noise coming from the engine (certain speeds) and also off roading when you hit a bump or something. Well I may have found the issue. Heat shield surrounding the airbox. See attached video

Attachments

• IMG_5479.MOV
    4.4 MB

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update. BTW I love my grenadier. After looking around, underneath and in the engine. I can tell you it’s a beast of a motor, chunky and great quality components. Some small issues with attention to detail but I’m 100 % it will be fixed. With everyone’s experience on this forum, we can address them all for everyone’s benefit.

So the free boot wash is to do with the kink on the outer door seals. Just push them back down. Problem solved.

I hear sometimes that there is a vibration noise coming from the engine (certain speeds) and also off roading when you hit a bump or something. Well I may have found the issue. Heat shield surrounding the airbox. See attached video
How is the body roll/sway?

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
4 weeks of ownership , 1021 miles in the UK and France,

Average consumption on the motorway 30.1 miles per UK standard gallon,
Average consumption towing a 1942 Willys jeep to France 29.6
Average round town consumption mixed roads and traffic 26.2

Same problems as everyone else with the bings which I am assured by Jardine's will all be sorted during the software update.

Still missing side steps and picnic table , the former is a right pain in the backside.

No foot wash option yet but we will see.

Overall, attracts a lot of attention and is a good ride on the road, as others say you need to keep your whit's about you, small vans and cars can disappear in the blind spots and as the pop up says, keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel - which comes if I am not mistaken from "Roadhouse" by Status Quo and others !

Once the backing bongs are sorted will be extremely happy, and very pleased with my choice and selection of options .

Better times comming..... 🚙 (y) (y) (y)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Your airbox moves quite a lot. It should be quite firmly mounted by the 3 locating feet.

Local time
7:04 PM
Reaction score
4 weeks of ownership , 1021 miles in the UK and France,

Average consumption on the motorway 30.1 miles per UK standard gallon,
Average consumption towing a 1942 Willys jeep to France 29.6
Average round town consumption mixed roads and traffic 26.2

Same problems as everyone else with the bings which I am assured by Jardine's will all be sorted during the software update.

Still missing side steps and picnic table , the former is a right pain in the backside.

No foot wash option yet but we will see.

Overall, attracts a lot of attention and is a good ride on the road, as others say you need to keep your whit's about you, small vans and cars can disappear in the blind spots and as the pop up says, keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel - which comes if I am not mistaken from "Roadhouse" by Status Quo and others !

Once the backing bongs are sorted will be extremely happy, and very pleased with my choice and selection of options .

Better times comming..... 🚙 (y) (y) (y)
which comes if I am not mistaken from "Roadhouse" by Status Quo and others

I have a recollection of seeing Jim Ratcliffe interviewed and this being mentioned and he attributed it to Roadhouse Blues by The Doors.

Back
Top Bottom