The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
I may have missed that but does anyone, by chance, keep some sort of list to check at takeover? If not, it might make sense to start a thread to just collect all these items.
One thing that is easily forgotten is checking the A/C cooling works. Check this BEFORE you leave the agent/dealer. Check for paint chips and scuffs around door sills. Go through the PDI checklist with the dealer. Check for any unreasonable gaps between external panels and internal plastic trim. If you can, peek underneath and make sure that no cabling is dangling.

Sunray_Very_Minor

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Grenadier2.jpegPicked mine up on Thu (15 Jun) and my first impressions almost exactly match Billy B's, in one word - solid. No rattles, squeeks or other untoward noises. It has had the expected random warnings pop up including the TPMS and eCall but they've all disappeared, only to be replaced by another one. A couple of things I've noted in particular:
1. I was expecting the turning circle to be more of an issue than it actually is - it's easier to turn than my wife's 2014 Defender 90.
2. Locking the diff locks worked as advertised (although the transfer case lever is stiff) however when disengaging the front and rear diffs the tell tales remained on until I was able to make a significant steering input. I actually think the locks had disengaged just that the sensors hadn't realised this was the case.
3. All my cables look neat and tidy and nothing is dangling.
4. The vehicle has significant road presence.
5. I'm getting old! Whereas technology used to come naturally to me I realise that I'm going to have to work to understand the info system (and Apple CarPlay).
Over all, I'm really happy with it.

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I may have missed that but does anyone, by chance, keep some sort of list to check at takeover? If not, it might make sense to start a thread to just collect all these items.
Yes I made one based on everyone’s comments here.

AC
Wheel arch flaps
Heat shield rattles
Dangling wires
Electronic error messages
Steering noise, play and the major seizing issues someone had
When software update
Jack and tool kit present
Parking sensors and camera
Tyre pressure sensors and resetting
Cooling fan noise
Visual check (obviously)
Power to usb sockets
Every single item and setting in the info screen - took a while and the dealer seemed slightly annoyed!
Understanding all the switch gear, off road settings etc

I’m sure someone has a better list though.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I made one based on everyone’s comments here.

AC
Wheel arch flaps
Heat shield rattles
Dangling wires
Electronic error messages
Steering noise, play and the major seizing issues someone had
When software update
Jack and tool kit present
Parking sensors and camera
Tyre pressure sensors and resetting
Cooling fan noise
Visual check (obviously)
Power to usb sockets
Every single item and setting in the info screen - took a while and the dealer seemed slightly annoyed!
Understanding all the switch gear, off road settings etc

I’m sure someone has a better list though.
I can imagine the dealers face when you asked to go through every detail on the info screen. :LOL:

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been free of most of the issues on here but do have one fault that hasn’t been mentioned by anyone else as of yet…

One of my rear windows doesn’t work & seems to need the motor replacing.

Save for the software issues concerning the constant false error messages all else is perfect (barring the piss-poor agent that damaged my vehicle when fitting the roof rack; however, that isn’t a fault just negligence).

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7816864Picked mine up on Thu (15 Jun) and my first impressions almost exactly match Billy B's, in one word - solid. No rattles, squeeks or other untoward noises. It has had the expected random warnings pop up including the TPMS and eCall but they've all disappeared, only to be replaced by another one. A couple of things I've noted in particular:
1. I was expecting the turning circle to be more of an issue than it actually is - it's easier to turn than my wife's 2014 Defender 90.
2. Locking the diff locks worked as advertised (although the transfer case lever is stiff) however when disengaging the front and rear diffs the tell tales remained on until I was able to make a significant steering input. I actually think the locks had disengaged just that the sensors hadn't realised this was the case.
3. All my cables look neat and tidy and nothing is dangling.
4. The vehicle has significant road presence.
5. I'm getting old! Whereas technology used to come naturally to me I realise that I'm going to have to work to understand the info system (and Apple CarPlay).
Over all, I'm really happy with it.
Damm you SunRay_Very_Minor, I had my color all figured out, and did my Pre-Order, Shale Blue, and then you have to post this photo. Now another week of going back and forth OCD. Yes I know I can change it at this time, that is the problem. That is one truly spectacular look vehicle. Miles of Smile to You. DaBull

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
I agree @DaBull. I had finally accepted SW as my final decision and put the Sela Green idea to rest. Now I'm going to have to steel my nerves and not change to Eldoret!

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Ich stimme zu @DaBull. Ich hatte SW endlich als meine endgültige Entscheidung akzeptiert und die Sela Green-Idee zur Ruhe gebracht. Jetzt muss ich meine Nerven festigen und nicht zu Eldoret wechseln!
Komm zurück zum Grün. Es ist fantastisch.;) IMG_7542.jpegIMG_7545.jpeg

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Ja, ich habe einen auf der Grundlage der Kommentare aller hier gemacht.

Wechselstrom
Radbogenklappen
Hitzeschild Rasseln
Baumelnde Drähte
Elektronische Fehlermeldungen
Lenkgeräusche, Spiel und die großen Probleme, die jemand hatte
Beim Software-Update
Jack und Werkzeugsatz vorhanden
Parksensoren und Kamera
Reifendrucksensoren und Zurücksetzen
Lüftergeräusche
Visuelle Überprüfung (offensichtlich)
Stromversorgung zu USB-Buchsen
Jeder einzelne Artikel und jede Einstellung auf dem Info-Bildschirm - dauerte eine Weile und der Händler schien etwas verärgert zu sein!
Verstehen der gesamten Schaltausrüstung, Off-Road-Einstellungen usw.

Ich bin mir aber sicher, dass jemand eine bessere Liste hat.
Und denken Sie an die Türgummis. INEOS muss sich hier verbessern. Bevor ich einen Fluss überquere.:verrückt:IMG_7540.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7539.jpeg
    IMG_7539.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom