The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
As for the heat: as some of you know, I was quite worried about the Donny Grey color because I was afraid of the heat inside in summer.

I can now say that it is far from what I know from our black SLK: the temperature inside the Grenadier, which has almost black Donny Grey, is much lower than expected. Today we are @29°C and the car parks in the blazing sun. It's warm inside, of course, but well below "hot".

My guess: first, the windows are pretty much vertical. Second, the privacy glass blocks a lot of the sun's radiation from getting into the car. And third, the roof is not just a sheet of metal, but a structure, and as such mitigates heat gain.

I am very happy about this experience.
+1 for heating in the sun is not that bad with dark colours. My red one with black roof felt ok without ac yesterday at 28 degrees in the sun. But maybe it was because the sun has yet been at a lower angel at 7 pm.
Anyway I turned on ac after an hour to see how good it works.
It does its job fast and without to much draught in the car.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:41 AM
Reaction score
+1 for heating in the sun is not that bad with dark colours. My red one with black roof felt ok without ac yesterday at 28 degrees in the sun. But maybe it was because the sun has yet been at a lower angel at 7 pm.
Anyway I turned on ac after an hour to see how good it works.
It does its job fast and without to much draught in the car.
I didn’t think anyone put the a/c on until it got over 30 degrees celcius?? 😉

That said, mines on all the time because I’m too lazy to wind the windows down. 😂😂😂

Sunray_Very_Minor

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7816864Picked mine up on Thu (15 Jun) and my first impressions almost exactly match Billy B's, in one word - solid. No rattles, squeeks or other untoward noises. It has had the expected random warnings pop up including the TPMS and eCall but they've all disappeared, only to be replaced by another one. A couple of things I've noted in particular:
1. I was expecting the turning circle to be more of an issue than it actually is - it's easier to turn than my wife's 2014 Defender 90.
2. Locking the diff locks worked as advertised (although the transfer case lever is stiff) however when disengaging the front and rear diffs the tell tales remained on until I was able to make a significant steering input. I actually think the locks had disengaged just that the sensors hadn't realised this was the case.
3. All my cables look neat and tidy and nothing is dangling.
4. The vehicle has significant road presence.
5. I'm getting old! Whereas technology used to come naturally to me I realise that I'm going to have to work to understand the info system (and Apple CarPlay).
Over all, I'm really happy with it.
Sorry, one thing I should have added was about the seats. I ordered the 2-tone "black with grey inserts". As you can see below they are much more grey with cream inserts. Now while this is not necessarily my taste (and not particularly practical) my wife loves it so while it may have given me the perfect excuse to get the M&M seat covers I'm now not sure that's an option.
Grenadier4.jpeg

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, one thing I should have added was about the seats. I ordered the 2-tone "black with grey inserts". As you can see below they are much more grey with cream inserts. Now while this is not necessarily my taste (and not particularly practical) my wife loves it so while it may have given me the perfect excuse to get the M&M seat covers I'm now not sure that's an option.
View attachment 7817038
My wife's X3 has a cream leather interior. The car is well looked after and with 98,000 miles on the clock, the cream leather still looks really well. For that reason, and the fact they brighten the interior, I went for the same combination as you. I also really fancy the M&M covers in the sand colour.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I would definitely recommend it. And if so, then directly after delivery.
I also have ordered the waxing. Stage 2 including Mike Sanders frame treatment.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Huh....that means about two years greasy spots at warm temperatures, everywhere where you park. Make sure, that the guy who sanders your car is an expert. I saw rotted frames with Sanders in it, where you had areas with a very thick layers of Sanders and others had non. It was not done well and the customer had the impression his car is protected. In addition, the guy should know the car so he knows where to go with the Sanders stuff. I know a good address in Essen for doing such things, but I don't know h if he does the Grenadier ad if he knows it already.

AWo

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
First impressions of our Diesel, Sela Green, 5 seat station wagon, after much anticipation.

Collected from Sandicliffe Nottingham on Friday tea time and drove home in heavy rush hour traffic with TMPS error, airbag warning and transmission failure cycling on the display. Also, the wheel alignment was clearly checked by Stevie Wonder as the centre marker of my saddle wheel is between 12-1 o’clock when tracking a straight course. I actually wonder if they’re all set up for the camber of left hand traffic and aren’t differentiating their programming of the rolling roads in the factory? We buy DAF trucks which come from the factory without fail with all four steering wheels pointing in totally different directions so it’s not unusual in my opinion.

Those issues aside, three of us have driven the Grenadier now and are extremely pleased. Steering takes a bit of familiarising with and maybe the footrest is a bit awkward, but time will tell. I think the car will fit in well with its intended use. 130 miles on the odometer now and on a 40 mile motorway journey just now, no warnings at all!

Attachments

• IMG_4960.jpeg
    IMG_4960.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4939.jpeg
    IMG_4939.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4941.jpeg
    IMG_4941.jpeg
    431.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4943.jpeg
    IMG_4943.jpeg
    417.8 KB · Views: 67

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
First impressions of our Diesel, Sela Green, 5 seat station wagon, after much anticipation.

Collected from Sandicliffe Nottingham on Friday tea time and drove home in heavy rush hour traffic with TMPS error, airbag warning and transmission failure cycling on the display. Also, the wheel alignment was clearly checked by Stevie Wonder as the centre marker of my saddle wheel is between 12-1 o’clock when tracking a straight course. I actually wonder if they’re all set up for the camber of left hand traffic and aren’t differentiating their programming of the rolling roads in the factory? We buy DAF trucks which come from the factory without fail with all four steering wheels pointing in totally different directions so it’s not unusual in my opinion.

Those issues aside, three of us have driven the Grenadier now and are extremely pleased. Steering takes a bit of familiarising with and maybe the footrest is a bit awkward, but time will tell. I think the car will fit in well with its intended use. 130 miles on the odometer now and on a 40 mile motorway journey just now, no warnings at all!
Friday tea time??
My parents used to have tea (evening meal or dinner) at 5pm every day.
I haven't heard the term for 10 years or more
Also haven't seen anyone eat their evening meal that early in over 10 years

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Friday tea time??
My parents used to have tea (evening meal or dinner) at 5pm every day.
I haven't heard the term for 10 years or more
Also haven't seen anyone eat their evening meal that early in over 10 years
My family still call the evening meal ‘Tea’ but seldom enjoyed before seven.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Back home. Windscreen cleaned and unloaded and loaded. 30 degrees. When starting to drive into the garage (after the long drive on the motorway) with the side window open, the car sounded like a street sweeper 😁. Powerful fans. Louder than my wife's hair dryer. Today I had a warning on the TPM with pressures over 3.0 bar. Consumption at about 120 km/h, i.e. about 74 miles/h 12.3 l/100 km. 2.70 gallon(UK)/ 100 km. I still have the big grin on my face 😁

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Breakfast
Mid morning coffee
Second breakfast
Lunch
Afternoon cuppa tea
Supper 6pm
Wine
Cheesy wotsits
More wine

Logsplitter will confirm i'm not a big guy , just a lucky metabolism
The eating habits of a FAT bastard - but I can't say that - I just thought it! :)

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score

Love the look of your Grenadier...I have spoken with regard to the camber issue on here a little while ago...just keep a close eye on tyre wear...it will show up fairly quickly if you have an issue...best to rub your hand over the top of tyre to feel for undulations...happy motoring ;)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
But that could be because my parents were old people.
In fact I can't remember them being anything but old people.
At least you can remember them!
(btw my mum was 38 when I popped out. So my oldies were fairly old amongst the school parents)

Back
Top Bottom