The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:36 AM
Reaction score
I think DCPU has the same issue regarding the bodywork gap on headlight to wing cowls. Concerning.
Yes I do. I seem to recall that there's a couple of plastic locating pins and two nuts, so I thought at the time it might be an easy adjustment job.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wrote to the INEOS portal today. The reply I received was bizarre. They clearly thought I did not have a vehicle. The content of my message was asking when the discussed SOFTWARE update is scheduled, plus a statement saying that these issues and others should have been cleared prior to delivery.

I would like to inform you that we are deeply sorry for any inconvenience you've experienced.
I've passed your feedback on to the relevant team and they will be working on this as soon as they can.
Once again , sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
We are so close now and we can't wait to see you behind the wheel.
Have a nice day.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.
Thanks,

Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
I wrote to the INEOS portal today. The reply I received was bizarre. They clearly thought I did not have a vehicle. The content of my message was asking when the discussed SOFTWARE update is scheduled, plus a statement saying that these issues and others should have been cleared prior to delivery.
LOL, AI auto-generated support email fail!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some responses from the agents are no better.

I thought I'd asked a simple question about the fuse box hidden beside the brake fluid reservoir - what were the two outputs for and what were the size of each fuse?

First reply - "I have checked the system I am not able to find the output. I will ask INEOS to see if they know the output. Looking for fuses, if there was a fault with this component it is replaced as unit."

When I queried this, I got a second reply - "When checking for procedures, there is only one for replacing the whole unit, not for replacing the fuses. They don’t list those fuses on parts catalogue.
Would leave me to believe if there was issue with these fuses under warranty, they would want INEOS trained technicians to replace the unit, then the unit would be returned to INEOS to investigate the cause of the fault."

Attachments

• 1686690678937.png
    1686690678937.png
    422.2 KB · Views: 1

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I thought I'd asked a simple question about the fuse box hidden beside the brake fluid reservoir - what were the two outputs for and what were the size of each fuse?

First reply - "I have checked the system I am not able to find the output. I will ask INEOS to see if they know the output. Looking for fuses, if there was a fault with this component it is replaced as unit."

When I queried this, I got a second reply - "When checking for procedures, there is only one for replacing the whole unit, not for replacing the fuses. They don’t list those fuses on parts catalogue.
Would leave me to believe if there was issue with these fuses under warranty, they would want INEOS trained technicians to replace the unit, then the unit would be returned to INEOS to investigate the cause of the fault."

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Should I be concerned? These marks have appeared on our drive where we park the Grenadier (engine bay). Could it be related to the A/C not working?
View attachment 7816252
Also, we are nonplussed how we missed this dent above the front passenger window. No idea if it was there on handover or if it has happened under our ownership but such an odd place! No chip or scratch that I can see just an indentation.
View attachment 7816253
I’ve got similar drops under my wagon. Aircon blows cold and after a run, I get quite a few drips. I’ve caught liquid in my hand and tasted it, it tasted of water. Seems to occur when it’s warm, so I suspect it is linked to the condenser for the aircon and some sort of condensation.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:36 PM
Reaction score
I’ve got similar drops under my wagon. Aircon blows cold and after a run, I get quite a few drips. I’ve caught liquid in my hand and tasted it, it tasted of water. Seems to occur when it’s warm, so I suspect it is linked to the condenser for the aircon and some sort of condensation.
All car airconditioning systems will release water under the vehicle when there is humidity.

Local time
Reaction score
@Beormund Some of those spots look like water and some oil, wipe with your finger and see. The AC will often dump condensated water after engine stop. The drain tube could be above some components and dripping from different places. 🤞🤞 Should be easy to sight the tube from underneath, usually passenger side (RHD) near the firewall.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
I received the same idiotic reply a week ago.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
That's how it looks in mine. As you can see, there is some spongy seal. It could be that once that it is saturated with water, the excess water sips into the car ventilation system indeed, or there is perhaps a place with a defect in the seal.
View attachment 7816234

I tried to simulate by pouring slowly some buckets of water on it and compressing and releasing the sponge (at both sides of the windscreen), but no water came out of the ventilation system.

Anyway, not a dramatic problem, but it has to be solved, or by me or by Ineos/Hedin.
Thank you for sharing that. Is that open at the side?

Could it be possible that the water is condensed water after using the A/C?

AWo

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Place white paper under what colour is the drip?
Wind can blow that away. Just use your fingers and your nose. You can very easily distinguish between engine oil, gearbox oil. water, cooling liquid etc. Simple as that....

AWo

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Wind can blow that away. Just use your fingers and your nose. You can very easily distinguish between engine oil, gearbox oil. water, cooling liquid etc. Simple as that....

AWo
Well yes , I can and do - but some can't or won't 😉

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

And for completeness, the third response received today:

"One comes off the battery and other one the jump start post, then leads to the fuses and one fuse goes to the power steering pump and other cooling fan number 1 relay 3.

I am not able to give to out the procedure, as to gain access you would need to use a dealer login. These cables are high voltage and only INEOS trained technicians should be working on them, as if any damage caused by untrained person could avoid the warranty."

I really hope someone from Ineos is reading this. This is how your company is being represented...

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, back to first impressions.
Picked mine up on Friday 9th June with Hollybrooks memorable handover process (apple tree, local cider and beer, glasses), drove up to the north coast to pick up some tractor parts and lunch in the Bushmills Inn. Drove back home the long way with around 200 miles done. Had a few yellow lights appear during the trip and reset the tpms when everything had cooled later that night.
In the five days since I have had one ecall error light that cleared, that has been it.

Most importantly, the war department is very happy with the comfortable seating and how quiet and smooth it drives on the road.

Every drive is an event in this thing, with the Queens Red popping in the sunshine and Midnight rear tints it is a serious distraction to other interested road users, seriously some have nearly mounted the kerb at junctions whilst staring.

Overall very happy, noticed the footrest for the first couple of days due to the newness, now it’s just part of the furniture. Steering is fine, a touch more lock would be nice ,but again you can adapt quickly.
Info display has a little lag on some functions atm but I haven’t taken the time to fully explore it yet.

I do need to sort a side step out as my 5’1” commander has me on footman duties with a foldable step. I dont mind the labour, but the bowing is getting a bit much.

Air conditioning works well too and everything seems well screwed together after checking all the points out raised by previous posts.

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You have the same RTT as me! Just waiting for delivery of the Grenadier here in New Zealand. What is your attachment solution for the ikamper? Roof bars or a rack? I couldn't tell from the photo? If roof bars ...how many? Thanks!
Hi Stu,
I‘ve mounted the iKamper to a FrontRunner Slimline 2 Rack.
just came back from a 6000km trip around Italy. The Grenadier needed around 12L of Diesel per 100km and was just absolutely great on and off-road.
michael

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So first impressions after only 5 miles (pick up from Endeavour Gerrards Cross Buckinghamshire UK):

Fieldmaster
Petrol
M1
Donny Grey (obviously...)

1. It's somewhat bigger than I remember from the test drive... at first it feels like you are driving an armoured car. F**king huge!
2. After 4 miles it started to only feel large. I don't think I'll be drifting by the end of the weekend but I suspect it will feel much more modest. Maybe.
3. Only error messages (so far) appear on starting and disappear after 3 seconds or less. "Transmission failure" but it's clearly part of the start up test procedure (I hope) as two of my other cars (Volvo and VW) do exactly the same. My mother's Turbo R has had a transmission failure error warning for 30 years.
4. No bings and bongs after 5 second from starting.
5. Couple of people looking at it quizzically as I passed. But there is only one other locally in my town according to my dealer and 3 in a 10 mile radius so still very rare.
6. No obvious rubbing or vibrating heat shields or similar yet. Had a look underneath and seems all good. Haven't yet looked if there are any low hanging wires yet like someone noticed.
7. Rear wheel arch flap things are both the same (so clearly Pierre and Jean-Paul were in sync on that shift) - they are both "out" if you know what I mean. I.e. the tabs are not tucked behind the surround. Checked others on the dealer lot and they were the same.
8. I think I will need some sort of sun shade for the safari roof (like our African friend suggested) as even in England on a 26 degree day it pumps out a lot of heat through the glass.
9. AC works well.
10. Road / wind noise - noticeable but totally what I would expect.
11. Steering - yes somewhat more turns needed but got used to it after 4 miles. Compared to my 1977 Triumph, which is like a 1/4 turn lock to lock, its a little cumbersome but what do you expect!
12. My mates who have been teasing me for 2 years that I would never see a real one (aside from the mug and pint glasses they gave me) can now bow down.
13. My kids seem determined to hate it - I'm going to pick one up from school in a moment just to embarrass her. Time will tell whether it will grow on it when they see something other than the model on the shelf.
14. No side steps yet but apparently available end of the month.
15. Software update - apparently they are expecting it towards the end of the month/3 weeks. Couldn't tell me what it was intended to fix though. I'll probably try to get the steps and software at the same time (famous last words)

I'll report more after I take it to Cornwall and York later this month. Car.jpg

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So first impressions after only 5 miles (pick up from Endeavour Gerrards Cross Buckinghamshire UK):

Fieldmaster
Petrol
M1

1. It's somewhat bigger than I remember from the test drive... at first it feels like you are driving an armoured car. F**king huge!
2. After 4 miles it started to only feel large. I don't think I'll be drifting by the end of the weekend but I suspect it will feel much more modest. Maybe.
3. Only error messages (so far) appear on starting and disappear after 3 seconds or less. "Transmission failure" but it's clearly part of the start up test procedure (I hope) as two of my other cars (Volvo and VW) do exactly the same. My mother's Turbo R has had a transmission failure error warning for 30 years.
5. Couple of people looking at it quizzically as I passed. But there is only one other locally in my town according to my dealer and 3 in a 10 mile radius so still very rare.
6. No obvious rubbing or vibrating heat shields or similar yet. Had a look underneath and seems all good. Haven't yet looked if there are any low hanging wires yet like someone noticed.
7. Rear wheel arch flap things are both the same (so clearly Pierre and Jean-Paul were in sync on that shift) - they are both "out" if you know what I mean. I.e. the tabs are not tucked behind the surround. Checked others on the dealer lot and they were the same.
8. I think I will need some sort of sun shade for the safari roof (like our African friend suggested) as even in England on a 26 degree day it pumps out a lot of heat through the glass.
9. AC works well.
11. Steering - yes somewhat more turns needed but got used to it after 4 miles. Compared to my 1977 Triumph, which is like a 1/4 turn lock to lock, its a little cumbersome but what do you expect!
12. My mates who have been teasing me for 2 years that I would never see a real one (aside from the mug and pint glasses they gave me) can now bow down.
13. My kids seem determined to hate it - I'm going to pick one up from school in a moment just to embarrass her. Time will tell whether it will grow on it when they see something other than the model on the shelf.
15. Software update - apparently they are expecting it towards the end of the month/3 weeks. Couldn't tell me what it was intended to fix though. I'll probably try to get the steps and software at the same time (famous last words)

I'll report more after I take it to Cornwall and York later this month. View attachment 7816747
Couple more things
- although it is listed as being much longer than my 2014 Volvo XC60 (over 250mm longer) visually it looks no longer at all - even with the wheel. Strange.
- tinted rear windows pretty good at reducing what you can see in the back but not fully for security. not bad though.
- managed to tune the radio (DAB and FM). Didn't want to work at the dealer but fine at home.

BD1

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score

Fieldmaster
Petrol
M1

9. AC works well.

I'll report more after I take it to Cornwall and York later this month. View attachment 7816747

For those of us across the ocean, we appreciate these first impressions! DG looks great in the sun, please post more pictures and observations as you put more miles on it. Enjoy.

Very similar to my spec....what wheels do you have?

Back
Top Bottom